BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
42 Pages V  « < 39 40 41 42 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> WWE Buzzchat 3
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Houdini
post 5th November 2023, 12:41 PM
Post #801
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

I thought Crown Jewell was a decent event, not one of the best they've done in 2023 but still decent. Seth Vs Drew was match of the night for me with the fatal five way coming second. It's no surprise at all that Logan Paul won the United States championship and I also think that was the right decision as he can get some good heel heat as champion.

Damien Priest was made to look so weak in his match against Cody Rhodes and that kind of undermines the possibility of him being World Heavyweight champion if/when he cashes in the Money In The Bank briefcase successfully. As for Roman Reigns I don't think there was a single person watching the show that thought he would lose the title to L.A Knight.

I'm glad that WarGames has been confirmed to be returning at Survivor Series later this month.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 13th November 2023, 02:42 PM
Post #802
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

18 years today since Eddie and his final match two days before. </3

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 26th November 2023, 05:04 AM
Post #803
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

CM Punk is back in WWE! His return at the end of Survivor Series was flawlessly executed, I was completely taken off guard by it. I didn't think he would ever go back to WWE after everything that has happened in the past 9 years and with Triple H in control now.

As for Survivor Series I thought it was a good show overall with the women's wargames match being my favourite. It was also good to see Randy Orton back and looking healthy after his long injury layoff. Apparently doctors told him to not wrestle ever again so for him to come back in a match like wargames is quite the achievement.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 28th November 2023, 01:13 AM
Post #804
Group icon
Rob aah

Yeah a huge moment that was. Hope Punk doesn't screw it up again but knowing him he probably will at some point. Still didn't take away the fact that he returned to WWE after all this time nonetheless!

Randy back was fab too. Loved both the Wargames matches, Miz and Gunther was good and Santos v Dragon Lee was also a great match. Glad they seem to be utilizing Santos more now after he was lumped with being a afterthought coming off his NXT run!

Zoey and Rhea was ok but the weakest of the night for me. Don't get the fuss around Zoey unfortunately!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 17th December 2023, 12:36 AM
Post #805
Group icon
Rob aah

Charlotte out for 9 months.

Some great contenders stepping up to Roman now with LA Knight, the returning AJ Styles and Randy Orton!

and also Rollins/Punk is starting off hot already!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 31st December 2023, 03:00 AM
Post #806
Group icon
Rob aah

We should expect Andrade back in WWE as soon as Raw this week then. Not surprising considering his run was unspectacular in AEW and wants to be with Charlotte (his wife)!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 8th January 2024, 12:48 AM
Post #807
Group icon
Rob aah

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 23rd January 2024, 03:43 PM
Post #808
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

Big news today... Raw is coming to Netflix in the US while Netflix UK will have Raw, Smackdown and PPVs!

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 25th January 2024, 08:04 PM
Post #809
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

^

That will definitely benefit WWE in the long run as there's bound to be more viewers due to lots of people already having Netflix accounts rather than subscribing to another network that would mean paying extra.

Royal Rumble is this weekend! On paper it looks like it's a battle between Cody Rhodes & CM Punk to win the Men's match. Punk has said that no one will stop him from winning the rumble and he will eliminate Drew Mcintyre last to be victorious. I personally think Cody will win it instead which will pave the way for him to transfer to Smackdown and challenge Roman Reigns for the Universal title in a rematch of last year. I think Becky Lynch will win the Women's rumble match and face Rhea Ripley at Wrestlemania. Bayley is another strong contender for the Women's rumble.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 25th January 2024, 08:54 PM
Post #810
Group icon
Rob aah

Some really damning stuff about Vince, John Laurinaitis and Brock Lesnar allegedly involved in trafficking and rape amongst other things coming out right now.

Eek!

I guess Brock was supposed to be feuding with Gunther at Wrestlemania too but now Gunther is being thrown about to face Rollins instead but not sure how that would happen as the whole idea was for Punk and Rollins WM match. Although with Seths injury and their confrontation it would seem plausible but still Punks return would be rather moot if so.

(As far as Royal Rumble itself goes to detract off a bit I'm expecting Punk and Bayley to win. Becky can always win Elimination Chamber. Bayley winning would then lead to the inevitable Damage Ctrl turning on her the following Smackdown. As far as the others matches well Logan and obviously Roman will be winning those with Reigns pinning Styles in the fatal four way.

Surprise Rumble appearances or returns/debuts I'd predict will be Naomi, Andrade, Sheamus, Rey, Tye Dillinger and Jade Cargill along with AJ Lee and a old school wrestler or two. Some being thrown about including X Pac, Maven and Ken Shamrock!)

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 29th January 2024, 10:42 PM
Post #811
Group icon
Rob aah

Really enjoyed the Rumble specifically the women's rumble. One of the best ones I've seen in fact. Mens had some great bits too but there were a few times where I felt it lacked some surprises or returns (aside from Andrade). Especially Riccochet who I'm not sure has done enough to warrant being given a spot over someone like Chad Gable who was announced as one of the competitors leading up to it. Could have done with one or two retro surprise entrants. Didn't have to much at all but nevermind.

Bron Breakker surely coming for a call up now too? likewise also with Roxanne and Tiffany!

Jade a FORCE too. Looks like it could be her and Bianca at mania which will be 💰

Been hearing a lot of negative comments about the Reigns, Knight, Styles & Orton match but I enjoyed it. I think it's more down to the fact that Roman was always winning though but it was a good match and Logan and KO was good too but wasn't keen on the finish but I guess the feud is continuing.

and oops Punk is out injured. That's both Gunther/Brock and Seth/Punk off the card now eek.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 30th January 2024, 02:52 PM
Post #812
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

CM Punk to miss Wrestlemania after suffering serious injury at the Royal Rumble.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 3rd February 2024, 12:48 PM
Post #813
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Great episode of Smackdown last night with numerous call ups/resignings to the main roster including Tiffany Stratton and Naomi. Bayley Vs Iyo Sky is confirmed for Wrestlemania now after Damage Ctrl turned their backs on Bayley and it looks like The Rock Vs Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania could very possibly happen after Rock appeared to stare down Reigns which followed a really good promo between Cody Rhodes & Roman Reigns. Logan Paul's promo at the start of the episode was also nice.

I also thought that the Women's Royal Rumble match was better than the Men's and Jade Cargill looked awesome as well as Jordynne Grace & Naomi. After these latest developments and CM Punk's injury who knows what Cody Rhodes will do now at Wrestlemania?

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 3rd February 2024, 07:13 PM
Post #814
Group icon
Rob aah

I would've still worked Cody into the plans with Roman somehow. Perhaps Reigns and Rock on Night 1 with the winner defending on Night 2 again Cody and that being obviously Roman beating Rock and then Cody can beat Roman on day 2. That way they get both things done on Wrestlemania weekend. It wouldn't hurt Roman to defend both nights and then he can take his hiatus till the run up to Summerslam.

Also could see a case for Bloodline screwing up in the Roman/Cody match and they are finished. That way we could continue building Solo up so he can face and lose to Roman at Summerslam or even just have a second match between Rock and Reigns but that's probably really unlikely.

It did just pop up on some websites that they could also have Cody defeat Seth and then also beat Roman at Summerslam and win the Undisputed title but then that would be a bit silly since they created another belt cause one champion was hardly around lmao and unifying again so soon would be kinda dumb oops but I guess it would be even greater a moment for Cody in another way.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 3rd February 2024, 11:58 PM
Post #815
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

A 51 year old legend (and TKO board member) just waltzing into the main event of Wrestlemania at the expense of the biggest babyface of the company right at the apex of a 2 year angle leaves the absolute worst taste in the mouth. Reckon the match gets booed out of the building.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 9th February 2024, 02:16 AM
Post #816
Group icon
Rob aah

Roman Reigns v Cody made official as Cody chose Roman at the Wrestlemania kickoff press thing that was on today. Things got intense when Cody and Rock brought family into things and Rock slapped Cody

A tag between Roman and Rock v Cody and Seth for chamber is being talked about. I expect Rock will now just be in Roman's corner at Mania, cost him the title and they have their match at Summerslam then!

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 10th February 2024, 03:38 AM
Post #817
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

We'll see what happens regarding The Rock but surely this has got to be Cody's time to win the belt. Looks like it will be Drew and Becky winning their Elimination Chamber matches to get their own world title shots at Wrestlemania.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 17th February 2024, 01:41 PM
Post #818
Group icon
Rob aah

It's been a looooong time but loving the return of Hollywood Rock laugh.gif was only into WWE a bare month or two when he was last playing a heel character. Works with the dynamic of when it leads to Rock and Roman eventually too!

Bron Breakker has also signed on to be a member of Smackdown! He was rumoured to be facing off with Gunther but that can happen later on when Gunther is world champ or something possibly. Not sure who either will be facing a Wrestlemania though!

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 24th March 2024, 03:21 PM
Post #819
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

WrestleMania is in 2 weeks time and the card is taking shape. Bloodline Vs Cody & Seth has been confirmed for night 1, the two men's world title matches have been confirmed for night 2 but all of the other matches haven't been confirmed exactly when they're taking place at the time of this post.

So here are my predictions for the order of the card from the matches that have been announced so far:

Night 1

Jey Uso Vs Jimmy Uso
Six pack ladder tag team match
Logan Paul Vs Kevin Owens Vs Randy Orton
La Knight Vs AJ Styles
Iyo Sky Vs Bayley
The Bloodline (The Rock and Roman Reigns) Vs Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins

Night 2

Seth Rollins Vs Drew McIntyre
Gunther Vs Sami Zayn
Rhea Ripley Vs Becky Lynch
Roman Reigns Vs Cody Rhodes

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 25th March 2024, 02:07 PM
Post #820
Group icon
Rob aah

I'd expect we'll see Damage Ctrl and Dakota Kai v Bianca Belair, Naomi and Jade Cargill too.

Maybe they'll do those random showcase matches too and Rey v Santos Escobar will likely be added despite them having a match just this week. Seems Dominik will be involved and maybe Carlito too or Andrade even.

+Quote this post

42 Pages V  « < 39 40 41 42 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 12:28 PM