BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)
If you have forgotten your password and a recovery email has not arrived, please click here to send us an email.

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Independent -sony/bmg
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Sunday
post 8th March 2006, 02:43 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 91

a really interesting article,

love this one wub.gif

Sony-BMG UK's advance into the world of television has been spearheaded by impresario Simon Cowell, whose own production company Syco TV (the makers of ITV's The X Factor and Pop Idol) has been under the BMG umbrella for 15 years.

"Simon Cowell is a proper A&R person," says Stringer, who has already sold a lot of records off the back of these reality hit shows. "That's first and foremost what he is. We are getting good artists out of it. Kelly Clarkson (winner of American Idol) has sold five million records in the past year. People like Will Young are proper artists."

"I come from an alternative background, of standing at the back of a pub and watching a four-piece guitar band, but I don't think that's any more or less legitimate than a kid singing on television. If people are talented they'll last the course. There are plenty of bands I've been to see over the years that have had a huge fuss about them and they've been crap." laugh.gif

heres the link

HERE
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th September 2024, 05:26 PM