BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Third Single?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
T Boy
post 30th July 2019, 06:15 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
So I think we can all agree that Can We Pretend is dead in the water. I’m not overly confident at the prospects for future singles as this is about the time she gave up interest in Beautiful Trauma.

However, the album is still ticking away so what do you think she should choose to keep it’s momentum.

There is a video already for 90 Days but I think Hurts 2B Human is screaming for release. A Khalid collab on paper should be massive for her.

I also think Love Me Anyway could be big too but perhaps a Winter release with an X Factor performance?

I doubt we’ll see another hit from this album but one can hope laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 30th July 2019, 06:34 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
The lack of attention the album seems to be getting from P!nk and her team is quite frustrating. The album has done very well which is quite impressive considering, yet there's still no sense of direction or enthusiasm for the era. I agree that the title track with Khalid is screaming out for a release and I think 'Can We Pretend' could have done something if they actually treated it like a proper single.

It kinda feels like P!nk is becoming one of those artists that will put out an album merely as an excuse to tour. I know touring is where the money is at but, as a fan, it's nice to have a well-thought out era to enjoy. It's not just about chart success, it's having something to look back fondly on. 10 years later, I have such strong memories of the Funhouse era with its videos and performances... these last two albums, there's not really any images that I can associate them with.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 30th July 2019, 11:17 PM
Post #3
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
Hurts 2B Human could be a cute top 20 with a Spotify push

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 1st August 2019, 10:58 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
I don’t think hurts 2b human would do well as a single. I’d choose courage as the next single but I think this era will struggle.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 1st August 2019, 11:02 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Hurts 2B Human I think would get the most streams of anything so I’d like to see that pushed.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 1st August 2019, 11:04 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
QUOTE(Medellíam @ Jul 30 2019, 07:34 PM) *
The lack of attention the album seems to be getting from P!nk and her team is quite frustrating. The album has done very well which is quite impressive considering, yet there's still no sense of direction or enthusiasm for the era. I agree that the title track with Khalid is screaming out for a release and I think 'Can We Pretend' could have done something if they actually treated it like a proper single.

It kinda feels like P!nk is becoming one of those artists that will put out an album merely as an excuse to tour. I know touring is where the money is at but, as a fan, it's nice to have a well-thought out era to enjoy. It's not just about chart success, it's having something to look back fondly on. 10 years later, I have such strong memories of the Funhouse era with its videos and performances... these last two albums, there's not really any images that I can associate them with.

I really see what you mean!!

With Beautiful Trauma there’s the AMA performance but with H2BH there’s just nothing. Even the tour I feel was more associated with the Beautiful Trauma album.

At least it broke a P!nk UK chart record for her though and become her first album to get more than one week at #1. That’s what I’ll take from the era above anything else.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 2nd August 2019, 04:09 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590
Well there was supposed to be a video for H2BH wasn't there, so would assume it'll be that, but who knows at this stage laugh.gif

Its a shame this album had to be released when it did. I really think its so there is more material for next year and they're planning some 20th anniversary stuff. I think BT was supposed to be released much earlier, in which case the tour for that album would've been over by the time H2BH was released... but because she had Jameson everything was pushed back. It'll certainly be interesting to see what happens when this tour ends.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 2nd August 2019, 10:19 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
I feel that Pink is just a bit difficult to market now. She likes to get the album out after one or two songs whereas most artists these days put out up to four or five singles before the album in order to get this hits on the singles chart. I’m not complaining because I’d hate having to wait almost a year to hear an album where I’ve heard almost half the songs. She can still get a hit with a lead single that radio get behind-What About Us and Walk Me Home are proof of that. But once the album is out there, it’s really difficult to sell the singles. It didn’t used to bother me but in the poor sales climate, I think Hurts 2B Human will struggle to keep sales up. If she can keep it in the public consciousness until Christmas, it could be a big seller over that period which she normally is. But I have a feeling she’ll lose interest.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 2nd August 2019, 01:03 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Hurts 2B Human could manage to become a moderate hit.
I would welcome some effort going into the 3rd single when announced as the album does need to get pushed further to keep her unbroken run of platinum selling albums.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 4th August 2019, 10:10 PM
Post #10
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
It seems bizarre to do a Khalid collab and then not push it. My only though is that they'll be saving it to be a 4th single if Khalid has a lot of other collabs out and they won't be wanting to oversaturate.

Hey Why is one I'm enjoying right now that would be a good single I think. It has her signature sound and is pretty radio friendly.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 5th August 2019, 10:40 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
I think a Khalid collab is the only thing radio 1 at least would touch from her right now. They only paid lip service to Can We Pretend really.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 5th August 2019, 07:06 PM
Post #12
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Oh sure, I was thinking radio 2 if anything. Radio 1 is very ageist and she must be pushing 40 now eh? But radio 2 she would slot right into alomgsode the likes of Will Young etc. who are on there these days.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 07:44 AM