BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
60 Pages V  « < 58 59 60  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> King Rollo's Top 1000 Songs Of All Time, 120-101
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
KingOfRolloween
post Yesterday, 06:31 PM
Post #1181
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

111. Touch - Daft Punk featuring Paul Williams (2013)

Hold on
If love is the answer you hold

Daft Punk are a bit unlucky to only have one song on my chart. 'Da Funk','One More Time' and 'Digital Love' are all great songs but this is the only one that I have chosen and it's the masterpiece from their number 1 album 'Random Access Memories'. It's a complex piece of music which is apparently made up of over 250 elements. The section from 5.50 to 7.40 is sublime and one of the best 110 seconds of music you are ever likely to hear.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coi
post Yesterday, 07:13 PM
Post #1182
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 73,240
   No Gallery Pics

On A Day Like Today, very nice choice of final Keane song!

+Quote Post
KingOfRolloween
post Yesterday, 07:38 PM
Post #1183
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(coi @ Oct 17 2018, 08:13 PM) *
On A Day Like Today, very nice choice of final Keane song!

Oh good,when I told you there was one Keane song left,I was hoping it was one of the ones you liked best.

+Quote Post
coi
post Yesterday, 08:11 PM
Post #1184
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 73,240
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(KingOfRolloween @ Oct 17 2018, 08:38 PM) *
Oh good,when I told you there was one Keane song left,I was hoping it was one of the ones you liked best.

That and Bedshaped from earlier in the countdown are really good songs! I'm also a fan of Crystal Ball, Bend & Break, Can't Stop Now, Untitled 1, Day Will Come and Perfect Symmetry! Hope you like most of those.

+Quote Post
KingOfRolloween
post 5 hours ago
Post #1185
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(coi @ Oct 17 2018, 09:11 PM) *
That and Bedshaped from earlier in the countdown are really good songs! I'm also a fan of Crystal Ball, Bend & Break, Can't Stop Now, Untitled 1, Day Will Come and Perfect Symmetry! Hope you like most of those.

Yes,they are all decent songs.

+Quote Post
KingOfRolloween
post 4 hours ago
Post #1186
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

110. One Summer Dream - Electric Light Orchestra (1975)

Deep waters flow out to the sea
They never needed you or me

I like the youtube comment on this song by someone who was playing it when a pizza delivery person knocked on his door. On hearing it,the young man described it as the most beautiful song he had ever heard so he was invited in to listen to the rest of it. He had never heard of ELO but by the time he delivered his next pizza to the same house,he had listened to and enjoyed lots of ELO songs. It is indeed beautiful with the strings,choir,Bev Bevan's drum sound and Jeff Lynne's great lead vocal. There's also a female singer contributing,Ellie Greenwich. She co-wrote several well known 60s songs,like 'Be My Baby','Leader Of The Pack' and 'Da Doo Ron Ron'.

+Quote Post
KingOfRolloween
post 4 hours ago
Post #1187
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

109. Guilt - Nero (2011)

You keep on talking but it makes no sense at all

'Guilt' was a top ten single for Nero but this is the longer album version from 'Welcome Reality'. There's a huge wall of different electronic sounds weaved around Alana's vocals and her voice becomes part of the machine when her words "sense at all" get repeated over and over again.

+Quote Post
KingOfRolloween
post 3 hours ago
Post #1188
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

108. The Leavers - Marillion (2016)

All the misunderstandings,defensive attacks
The walls we don't dare relax
And the hurt in your eyes,I know you know that I pray
For the phone call that takes me away

Before the last Marillion album was released,the group put out a track listing for it. 'The Leavers' is divided into five parts and Part II is called 'The Remainers' which led some Marillion fans to think that this song might have something to do with Brexit. However,it was written well before Brexit had even been proposed. The leavers are actually Marillion themselves while the remainers are their families who are left behind when they embark on long world tours. The lyrics to this song give a great insight into what it's like being in a long running rock group. The remainers are also Marillion fans and Part V of the song 'One Tonight' describes what happens when the leavers and the remainers come together for a concert. The full nineteen minute song is not on youtube. It's on Spotify if anyone is curious enough to listen to it.

This post has been edited by KingOfRolloween: 3 hours ago

+Quote Post

60 Pages V  « < 58 59 60
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2018 - 10:50 PM