BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
55 Pages V  « < 53 54 55  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Premier League / Football League Thread 2011-12, (& Blue Square Premier!) News & Discussion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Soy Adrián
post May 28 2012, 06:34 AM
Post #1081
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,596

QUOTE(Severin @ May 28 2012, 01:01 AM) *
I've always felt that a clubs history being defined by the number of trophies won is a daft idea. Nobody ever suggests West Ham or even Notts County have no history yet they've basically won sod all between them

I may be biased but that's so true. And Chelsea are one of eight clubs no to have ever dropped out of the top two divisions, that's pretty historic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Soy Adrián
post May 28 2012, 02:13 PM
Post #1082
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,596

Sour grapes award of the season goes to Alex Baptiste of Blackpool:

Alex Baptiste has criticised West Ham's style of football and referee Howard Webb after Blackpool's 2-1 play-off final loss at Wembley on Saturday.

"We were the better side," the defender told BBC Radio Lancashire. "It was embarrassing at times. They just hoof it long and hope for the best.

"It's a foul on me for the second goal, so the ref has done us no favours.

"I suppose everyone got what they wanted. Everyone wanted West Ham to win because they're a team from London."

Ricardo Vaz Te's goal three minutes from time sealed an instant return to the Premier League for the Hammers, in their first season under Sam Allardyce.

Tom Ince had earlier equalised for Blackpool after Carlton Cole opened the scoring.
Use accessible player and disable flyout menus

Baptiste continued: "Congratulations to them, they won the game, but I know who I would rather play for.

"I wouldn't survive in their team because I'm not tall enough. All of them are 8ft tall."

While West Ham can expect a windfall of around £45m following their promotion to the Premier League, Ian Holloway's side are now facing the prospect of Championship football again next season.

"If we keep the squad together, we'll go up next year," added Baptiste. "You've seen the football that we play. We've just got to believe in ourselves a little bit more.

"We experienced winning it two years ago and it's a cruel game sometimes.

"Maybe we didn't deserve it last time, but we sure as hell deserved it this time."

It is a shame they didn't go up, we could have done with his sparkling personality in the Premier League next season.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

55 Pages V  « < 53 54 55
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:12 PM