BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ❌🦆⛔ WHO CARES ⛔🦆❌ [BJSC 115 SF1], not me
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Math!
post 9th June 2019, 12:51 AM
Post #21
Group icon
(✿◠‿◠)
Pronouns: new york
User: 19,852

I still believe this veto was BS too but whatever. Never seen a song get vetoed with 10 points and I should have contested it but didn't realize I was allowed to do that until I just reviewed the framework

Slayyyter - Alone 10
- Artist previously came 11th in BJSC 109 10 (7 for position, 3 for recycling)
- Artist previously reached BJSC TBO XI Semi-Finals
- Triple artist confirmation
- Blogs: V Magazine, MuuMuse, Rolling Stone
- In SevenSeize's personal chart
- ***MODERATOR DISCRETION*** - vetoed due to triple artist confirmation and past performance combined.

This post has been edited by Math 👺: 9th June 2019, 12:52 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
post 9th June 2019, 01:08 AM
Post #22
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

I can't speak for other mods obvz but tbh if you had contested it then I would have just said it was banned for that month due to the triple confirmation but it'd be fine the next month (since 10 points is indeed not enough to be thrown out under normal circumstances). Sorry about this being a bit annoying for you but ah well, nothing we can really do about it now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is pretty much the only circumstance under which a vetoed song would be allowed in on a second attempt so soon after being originally vetoed.

+Quote this post
Travis
post 9th June 2019, 01:08 AM
Post #23
Group icon
hi
User: 22,135

I fully forgot Alone was even vetoed before, oops! At least it got through this time!

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 9th June 2019, 01:49 AM
Post #24
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

QUOTE(Codyclipse 🌙 @ Jun 9 2019, 01:37 AM) *
I love Third Eye but I'm kinda wishing it was Fake Friends that was sent tongue.gif

Villains pt ii is the best from her album

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 9th June 2019, 03:39 AM
Post #25
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Oh my god, if I knew Slayyyter was only vetoed for that reason, I’d have sent Alone ages ago, I’m obsessed with her lol.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 9th June 2019, 06:51 AM
Post #26
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

it's not as if the wool was pulled over your eyes math - the vetoing that time made it clear why it was vetoed. it specifically said it was due to the triple artist confirmation combined with artist performance. take one of those elements away and it wasn't enough to veto on its own. it was just unfair that month for it to be confirmed so recently after i'm high was taking off, "mine" was making the waves everywhere and for her to be confirmed 3 times in the one contest. tbf i'm not particularly thrilled about her being sent again either but the song on it's own isn't much of an issue.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 9th June 2019, 06:54 AM
Post #27
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

for the record, the only reason that the song itself got 10 points is because there's now nothing in the framework for multiple artist confirmations (when there really should be) which is why moderator discretion had to come into play. under the old framework it would've easily been binned, so it's not an isolated incident.

saying that though i'm not really sure why travis isn't aware that alone was vetoed when both he and i were vetoed the exact same month with "mine"!

+Quote this post
m
post 9th June 2019, 09:43 AM
Post #28
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

Interesting to see BANKS here, even with a remix. Also, as much as I sometimes am a sort of purveyor of originality, thanks for changing the semi numbers to just 1 & 2, just cos I was having trouble remembering if I was in semi 4a or 26 or whatever those numbers were haha.

When are we good for a plug session?

+Quote this post
Travis
post 9th June 2019, 10:13 AM
Post #29
Group icon
hi
User: 22,135

QUOTE(Cucumberella @ Jun 9 2019, 02:54 AM) *
for the record, the only reason that the song itself got 10 points is because there's now nothing in the framework for multiple artist confirmations (when there really should be) which is why moderator discretion had to come into play. under the old framework it would've easily been binned, so it's not an isolated incident.

saying that though i'm not really sure why travis isn't aware that alone was vetoed when both he and i were vetoed the exact same month with "mine"!

Because I don't read and commit to memory every single veto of every single contest! I tend to skim to see if my own song was vetoed and move on. Plus, I reconfirmed from "Mine" before it was even officially vetoed because Bray (I believe) told me it was already confirmed by someone else!

This post has been edited by travis: 9th June 2019, 10:46 AM

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 9th June 2019, 11:00 AM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

Thanks for doing the youtube playlist Bre. I entered the lyric video for my song as when I play the official video,I have to turn the volume up to maximum and even then the sound is muffled,it's much clearer on the lyric video. The views for the lyric video are three times as much as the official one so maybe the Menke fans have found the same thing. Can you change the playlist? Thanks. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 9th June 2019, 11:19 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

Congratulations to Rontvia on becoming the first country to enter a song on my list of possibles. What a shame I can't vote for it sad.gif Three other counties have entered artists I've considered (including one artist who did well for me in the Sports Forum contest) ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 9th June 2019, 03:43 PM
Post #32
Group icon

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jun 9 2019, 11:29 AM) *
Yass at the Higurashi gang heading up the Youtube playlist thumbnail *.*

However, the video, though, after the 1:30 mark (before it's good) it's just a mess of uncoordinated clips from Higurashi. There's a slightly more restrained video with English lyrics but sadly it's rather quiet on audio. As much as I love showing off anime I think the song is of a type that is better off not being distracted by a ton of no-context clips. This one (for a pretty picture plus Japanese lyrics) or the link I submitted which is literally just the song, would be better.

QUOTE(King Rollo @ Jun 9 2019, 12:00 PM) *
Thanks for doing the youtube playlist Bre. I entered the lyric video for my song as when I play the official video,I have to turn the volume up to maximum and even then the sound is muffled,it's much clearer on the lyric video. The views for the lyric video are three times as much as the official one so maybe the Menke fans have found the same thing. Can you change the playlist? Thanks. smile.gif

Changed and changed x (I'll just go back to the link you originally submitted Iz, there's no 'official' upload of it anywhere so it doesn't really matter, I just picked the one with the most views which I thought just looked like it was an extended version of the intro to that one anime to fit the full song length, clearly I am not well versed in Higurashi shockingly xx).

I'm amazed that 'Naraku No Hana' is actually on Spotify. The rest of the album it's on seems to be greyed out at least in the UK but that one song is available! Spotify going out of its way to not be Séyetana racist for once ohmy.gif

QUOTE(travis @ Jun 9 2019, 11:13 AM) *
Because I don't read and commit to memory every single veto of every single contest! I tend to skim to see if my own song was vetoed and move on. Plus, I reconfirmed from "Mine" before it was even officially vetoed because Bray (I believe) told me it was already confirmed by someone else!

Yeah you posted 'I hope no one took my song already' and I just replied saying they had to save you the wait laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 9th June 2019, 04:34 PM
Post #33
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

QUOTE(Bré @ Jun 9 2019, 03:43 PM) *
Changed and changed x (I'll just go back to the link you originally submitted Iz, there's no 'official' upload of it anywhere so it doesn't really matter, I just picked the one with the most views which I thought just looked like it was an extended version of the intro to that one anime to fit the full song length, clearly I am not well versed in Higurashi shockingly xx).

I'm amazed that 'Naraku No Hana' is actually on Spotify. The rest of the album it's on seems to be greyed out at least in the UK but that one song is available! Spotify going out of its way to not be Séyetana racist for once ohmy.gif

Oh, you did fine, the problem with anime OPs is that they're edited with good video footage for a 1:30 song, but also exist as full songs, which only sometimes get music videos which means it's a minefield. Any further anime editing is entering amateur AMV territory, and that one looked VERY amateur laugh.gif far too many jump-cuts to what looked like every comedic scene in the anime when the song is a downbeat emotion-filled and i'm ranting when it doesn't matter so i'm just gonna white-text this
I'm still not quite believing it's real. Spotify finally listening to my angry emails.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 9th June 2019, 06:16 PM
Post #34
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

i'm glad ducky is not gonna cancel after all x

+Quote this post
imaduck
post 9th June 2019, 07:16 PM
Post #35
Group icon
(i've been drinking)
User: 18,675

QUOTE(Codyclipse 🌙 @ Jun 9 2019, 07:16 PM) *
i'm glad ducky is not gonna cancel after all x

Don't push me, I'm a spiteful person, I still might

+Quote this post
Brer
post 9th June 2019, 07:20 PM
Post #36
Group icon

It's a good thing you can't DNQ.

+Quote this post
imaduck
post 9th June 2019, 08:35 PM
Post #37
Group icon
(i've been drinking)
User: 18,675

QUOTE(Bré @ Jun 9 2019, 08:20 PM) *
It's a good thing you can't DNQ.

This sounds like a challenge.

This post has been edited by imaduck: 9th June 2019, 08:35 PM

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 9th June 2019, 11:07 PM
Post #38
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

CLOSING WITH A BANG FOR MY POP HOES

+Quote this post
Brer
post 10th June 2019, 04:05 PM
Post #39
Group icon

Semi-Final 1 MP3 Pack

also added to the 2nd post x

~

Would people be up for a plug session tomorrow? ~

+Quote this post
coi
post 10th June 2019, 04:06 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240

Yeah tomorrow's probably the best day for me.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:52 AM