BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Fever ● album discussion, 8th album ● 2001
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 7th May 2020, 12:28 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

A thread to discuss everything about 2001's Fever.

1. More More More
2. Love at First Sight
3. Can't Get You Out of My Head
4. Fever
5. Give It to Me
6. Fragile
7. Come Into My World
8. In Your Eyes
9. Dancefloor
10. Love Affair
11. Your Love
12. Burning Up
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 7th May 2020, 01:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
User: 13,007

This is the album I play most from her. 'Fragile' is perhaps my favourite ever album track from Kylie and it contains some of my favourite singles ('In Your Eyes' in particular) too! A really great, cohesive, fun listen! <3

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 7th May 2020, 01:46 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(Hauspital* @ May 7 2020, 02:24 PM) *
This is the album I play most from her. 'Fragile' is perhaps my favourite ever album track from Kylie and it contains some of my favourite singles ('In Your Eyes' in particular) too! A really great, cohesive, fun listen! <3

'In Your Eyes' is my favourite Kylie single! I love the intense and hypnotic production, quite different to the lighter, summery vibes of most people expect from Kylie but I think this sound work great with her: see also 'Drunk' and 'Limbo'.

It's between this and Light Years for my favourite Kylie album, predictable but there's a reason why they're regarded as her best! This album really helped to mold the Noughties pop scene with many artists wanting to work with the same producers and writers. The music still holds up nearly 20 years on!

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post 7th May 2020, 03:53 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 632

I really like the album but also find it overacted, I love In your eyes, my favourite single, the could easily skip the other 3, maybe it’s because I played this album sooooo much at the time

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 8th May 2020, 10:18 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

Such a solid album from start to finish and reminds me of such a good time.

Also it was an iconic time to be a Kylie fan and see her return to glory.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 8th May 2020, 10:40 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Really iconic time to be a fan, complete kylie mania but to be fair I remember it been the same in the late 80s.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 8th May 2020, 10:56 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

Not my favourite album. I still much prefer light years.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 9th May 2020, 02:04 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I much much prefer light years, fever is great but light years is just brilliant and none of the other albums come close.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 9th May 2020, 06:08 PM
Post #9
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

Feel The Fever =

More, More, More
Not kicking things off with something a little different (than the usual lead single), instead begins with this breathy and frothy dance number which sees Kylie at her most alluring and her outstandingly high vocals dominate throughout and its very clear from the first few seconds that we're in for something very different to her previous album and its a great album opener.

Love At First Sight
Now this is where the album really takes off with a muted backbeat and electric piano intro, then suddenly explodes into giant swirling sound, very classy and effortlessly cool and elevated thanks to its state of the art dance production and definitely one of the best examples of 00's pop/dance music. With simple but effective lyrics that evoke the feelings of being in a new relationship, the song is just stunning and quite rightfully established itself as a firm fan favourite. To call this a standout is an understatement.

Can't Get You Out of my Head
Yes this is it, that massive globe trotting lead single where 13 years into her pop career Kylie scores her biggest hit and saw her embraced by pretty much everyone with this cool electric minimal track, very sleek and stylish and often labelled as one of the greatest songs of the 21st century and not hard to see why with its hypnotic beats and futuristic production, everything about this just comes together perfectly and of course Kylie's vocals here are top notch, and what else can I say that already hasn't been said, I know the constant overplay may have killed it for a while for Kylie fans, but enough time has to fully re-embrace and enjoy this glorious gem again.

Fever
The title track and a somewhat departure from the dance/pop that dominates this album, instead being an updated electro track that inspired by the 80's, and along with very tongue in cheek lyrics that just adds to the fun of the song. Its sexy and certainly suggestive, and just an all round good little number.

Give It To Me
Definitely the album's weakest moment here with this hard electro-funk number that's very sharp and heavily chopped up vocals that feels a bit out of place on this album, and then there's that annoying recurrent telephone ringing throughout which really drags things down. The only positive is that at least's its short and could have easily been replaced by any number of the strong B-side/bonus tracks such as 'Tightrope, 'Good Like That' or 'Boy'. The song feels like an experiment that didn't quite work.

Fragile
More classy, sophisticated pop/dance now with this gorgeously layered number that's very soothing especially after the chaos of the previous track with a dreamy yet passionate vocals by Kylie that perfectly captures the essence of the song, whilst at the same allowing a bit of vulnerability over its hypnotic soundscape.

Come Into My World
Whilst this treads a very similar path to the lead single, but this track is yet another highlight on here with its slinky electro beats, cool guitar licks and some cool synths. This may have been a last minute addition to the album and not quite the version we all know and love (when released as the 4th and final single), but this version is still pretty good and Kylie's seductive vocals really keeps the sophisticated flow of the album running smoothly.

In Your Eyes
The thumping and aggressive beat and infectious chorus makes this the perfect follow up single to the massive lead, this is a beautifully crafted number and just a cracking tune all-round that instantly whips you into a frenzy upon first listen and yet sultry at the same time thanks to its blending of dance/pop, nu disco and techno beats that runs throughout and therefore creating a brilliant anthem.

Dancefloor
Another track that may feel a little out of place here thanks to its more poppy sound, but its still a fun little track that bounces along nicely and creating a very joyful experience. Almost a continuation of the previous album thanks to its disco sound with lyrics that have a fairly universal message. Just an okay fun little number all round.

Love Affair
If there had been a contender for a 5th single then this fantastic electro pop number could have easily fitted the bill, with its perfectly crafted production with Kylie at her seductive best. This has a cool club style with trance like inflections that makes this a cracking offering and dare I say it yet another album highlight.

Your Love
Winding things down a bit with this stunning mid-tempo number, with a lilting guitar lends the song a blissed-out feel that's just perfect for chilling out. While this has the same kinda sound as the rest of the album and if this was recorded by a lesser artist then this would have risked sounded samey rather than succeeding at creating a cohesive body of work.

Burning Up
Ending the official version of the album with this awesome track that has the quite unusual teaming of acoustic verses with an upbeat dance chorus, that's full of funk, class and disco with high pitched notes reached by Kylie on the choruses and therefore creates one of the best tracks on here and again like many others on here, could have made an amazing single.

Tightrope
I've added this Australian bonus track to my version of this album and why the hell not, as this is a definite hidden gem in her discography with its beautifully calm opening bars then heads into a catchy dance/pop chorus with some solid production and while it may slightly differ from the sound of the album, this would have been a more than welcomed addition to this already wonderful body of work.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 10th May 2020, 04:00 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I was very excited getting this album after light years and u always knew light years would be hard to top but eventhough fever isnt as good it's still a great album and as follow ups go it couldnt have been any better. I was in awe when CGYOOMH went straight to number 1 with sales of over 300,000, it was a big opening sale that really only charity singles managed.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 24th July 2020, 04:12 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

Fantastic in-depth article from Classic Pop about the masterpiece that is Fever - https://www.classicpopmag.com/2018/07/class...sletter%20%2330

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 24th July 2020, 04:19 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Very good write, so they did toy with a 5th light years single going by that. Il always remember been flabbergasted by cant get you out of my heads 306,000 opening sales as it was unheard of outside charity singles and reality show singles.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 24th July 2020, 04:46 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Fever was the pinnacle moment in her career.
Fever had the appeal to the masses and introduced Kylie to a wider audience globally.
The team Kylie worked with during this era were so well focused which resulted in a slick successful era.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 24th July 2020, 04:55 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Fever was so huge and thankfully at the time I got to enjoy how huge it was and dudnt just realise it years after. Kylie was very emotional winning those Brit Awards her speech was so cute, fever finally got her more recognition in the awards field which was a good boost for kylie.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 24th July 2020, 04:58 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I found it incredible how long Kylie had to wait to be finally awarded a Brit Award.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 1st October 2020, 07:24 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

19 today! 🎈 #tbt

Happy 19th birthday to Fever! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 1st October 2020, 07:36 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Def and album could sell with a 20th anniversary edition due to its huge success and iconic cover.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 1st October 2020, 10:21 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Ahhhh, I really do love this album and now want to play it in full!

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 2nd October 2020, 07:27 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

That cover really is one of the most iconic pop covers of the century, isn't it?

+Quote this post
pippa
post 2nd October 2020, 04:35 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I would agree that it is.

+Quote this post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »