BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> SUPER EUROVISION '12 // 2011, 2011 = definition of 'MEH...'
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
p a v
post Mar 18 2012, 08:22 PM
Post #1
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Hello and welcome to the surprisingly bad Eurovision Song Contest 2011!

Semifinal 1

Semifinal 2

(songs) + interval act / voting

Final

Here are the individual performances, in random order, containing ALL songs from Eurovision 2011.
  1. Armenia // Emmy - Boom Boom
  2. Finland // Paradise Oskar - Da Da Dam
  3. Hungary // Kati Wolf - What About My Dreams?
  4. Macedonia // Vlatko Ilievski - Rusinka
  5. Croatia // Daria - Celebrate
  6. Portugal // Homens da Luta - A luta é alegria
  7. Netherlands // 3JS - Never Alone
  8. Norway // Stella Mwangi - Haba Haba
  9. Azerbaijan // Ell and Nikki - Running Scared
  10. Cyprus // Christos Mylordos - San aggelos s'agapisa
  11. Ireland // Jedward - Lipstick
  12. Malta // Glen Vella - One Life
  13. Albania // Aurela Gaçe - Feel the Passion
  14. Poland // Magdalena Tul - Jestem
  15. Belarus // Anastasia Vinnikova - I Love Belarus
  16. Moldova // Zdob şi Zdub - So Lucky
  17. Denmark // A Friend in London - New Tomorrow
  18. Germany // Lena - Taken by a Stranger
  19. Slovakia // TWiiNS - I'm Still Alive
  20. Bulgaria // Poli Genova - Na inat
  21. Bosnia and Herzegovina // Dino Merlin - Love in Rewind
  22. Latvia // Musiqq - Angel in Disguise
  23. Belgium // Witloof Bay - With Love Baby
  24. Spain // Lucía Pérez - Que me quiten lo bailao
  25. Slovenia // Maja Keuc - No One
  26. Switzerland // Anna Rossinelli - In Love for a While
  27. Romania // Hotel FM - Change
  28. Estonia // Getter Jaani - Rockefeller Street
  29. Turkey // Yüksek Sadakat - Live It Up
  30. Austria // Nadine Beiler - The Secret Is Love
  31. Greece // Loukas Giorkas feat. Stereo Mike - Watch My Dance
  32. Israel // Dana International - Ding Dong
  33. United Kingdom // Blue - I Can
  34. Iceland // Sjonni's Friends - Coming Home
  35. France // Amaury Vassili - Sognu
  36. Georgia // Eldrine - One More Day
  37. San Marino // Senit - Stand By
  38. Italy // Raphael Gualazzi - Madness of Love
  39. Sweden // Eric Saade - Popular
  40. Ukraine // Mika Newton - Angel
  41. Serbia // Nina - Čaroban
  42. Lithuania // Evelina Sašenko - C'est ma vie
  43. Russia // Alexey Vorobyov - Get You

Here's the RECAP of all 43 entries.

As always, you vote using the traditional Eurovision system, i.e. 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 points, and send the scores to me by PM! 6 songs will qualify for the Semifinals and 3 - for Andra Chansen. If you already voted and realised that you missed something, you can change your votes if you want.

You have until evening of SUNDAY, March 25th to vote. And yeah, vote for you favourite song, and not the country, etc.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Mar 18 2012, 08:23 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
Estonia and UK to qualify hopefully! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Mar 18 2012, 08:23 PM
Post #3
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480
Hater!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 18 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
I rather liked 2011. I'll do a full thing tomorrow, but it had several highlights.

Not least the fabulous winner. Although I'm aware I'm about the only one who thinks this.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Mar 18 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I'm really getting better at formatting these things. Took me half an hour this time. And it's the last year. laugh.gif

I LOVE BELARUS TO WIN.

This post has been edited by Caïn: Mar 18 2012, 08:28 PM

+Quote this post
Qween
post Mar 18 2012, 08:29 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
AMAZING AMAZING YEAR

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Mar 18 2012, 08:29 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Imma vote early again, votes shall be with you soon Pavel!

+Quote this post
p a v
post Mar 18 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #8
Group icon
QUOTE(Johnkm @ Mar 19 2012, 12:29 AM) *
AMAZING AMAZING YEAR

I bet you would classify Ringer as 'amazing' as well.

+Quote this post
Qween
Post #9
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
Far too many good songs to vote for in fact, I ahve about 20 I'd happily give points to.

+Quote this post
Qween
Post #10
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
QUOTE(Caïn @ Mar 18 2012, 08:32 PM) *
I bet you would classify Ringer as 'amazing' as well.

No, I classify it as utter shit.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Mar 18 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
QUOTE(Johnkm @ Mar 18 2012, 08:32 PM) *
Far too many good songs to vote for in fact, I ahve about 20 I'd happily give points to.

Totally agree, I'm having trouble with narrowing it down!

+Quote this post
p a v
post Mar 18 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #12
Group icon
QUOTE(Johnkm @ Mar 19 2012, 12:32 AM) *
No, I classify it as utter shit.

wub.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Mar 18 2012, 08:42 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
QUOTE(Eyes @ Mar 18 2012, 08:26 PM) *
I rather liked 2011. I'll do a full thing tomorrow, but it had several highlights.

Not least the fabulous winner. Although I'm aware I'm about the only one who thinks this.

I was a big fan of Azerbaijan too! biggrin.gif I think it was top 5 in my rankings smile.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Mar 18 2012, 08:54 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
My highlights and lowlights, although it seems very recently that I was still hammering some of these songs laugh.gif

- Finland's song went on and off me, doesn't he look like a blonde Ed Sheeran though looking back ohmy.gif

- Hungary was the loon anthem of choice but didn't even make the top ten in my personal chart! Nice song nonetheless.

- Poor Norway, originally thought of as a potential winner and ended up practically bottom of the semi, the song got boring VERY quickly for me though...

- Zzzzzz at the winner, a nice song and nothing more, crap vocal performance too. Whatever floats Europe's boat...

- Kudos to Jedward for making a name for themselves across Europe with the biggest post-contest hit but I still can't abide Lipstick.

- Andreas Johnson sued by Suede/Robbie etc...pays for lawsuit with winnings gained from successfully suing A Friend In London for shamelessly nicking Sing For Me. Really expected New Tomorrow to do FAR better with the public than it did!

- Lena was never going to top Satellite in my eyes, and indeed she didn't but it was a worthy defense of her title with a very credible and interesting song.

- Bosnia and Herzegovina's entry was so jolly, glad it did well in the final! Bizarre performance though.

- Oh dear Belgium :/ Definitely one of the worst entries the contest has ever served up, how did it almost qualify?

- Pure class and a stellar vocal from Slovenia, should have done so much better!

- I always liked Rockefeller Street but I never got the feeling that it would do much in the final, yet it was hyped as a potential winner. However even I didn't see it doing THAT badly!!

- Whoops Turkey and Armenia, even the mighty can fall with lacklustre entries these days it would seem!

- Austria - what a voice, what a return, what a song! wub.gif What an underperformance nocheer.gif If ever anybody needed proof that people couldn't care less what sort of vocal you turn in on the night, Azerbaijan won whilst flawless Nadine and her lopsided fringe died.

- A limp and lifeless return from Dana International, who brought a b-side along with her. What was the point?

- Finally a home entry I could get behind, Written In The Stars, sorry, I Can was fresh, current and fantastic. A shoe-in for the top five then, except the juries had it in their bottom five!?! Deaf, stupid, both? Gah, I wish it had finished even one place higher, 11th is the WORST.

- I really came around to Coming Home but I'd have liked to have seen Yohanna's song competing for Iceland. At least they made the final.

- What happened France, whoops! For the record I LOVE Sognu but the studio was indeed far more effective than the live version was. Still, to be the bookies favourite and finish 15th was a bit of a nightmare, should have been top ten at the very least.

- I've made my feelings on Italy well documented. Horrible song by a smug singer and I can't fathom why the juries raved over it so universally. I hope this doesn't mean that Italy can just send any half respectable song forever more and finish top five, but I have a feeling that this was something of a one off - just to acknowledge their return perhaps? Nina will do well of course but send something like this again in the near future and I don't see lightning striking twice.

- Poor Eric, he WAS Popular, much to the relief of us all, and two points away from winning the televote, all on the strength of a wonderful pop song. Kempe finally came good! For once I'm not going to moan about the wrong song winning Melodifestivalen as this was clearly the right one, I probably hold Spring For Livet and I'm In Love in a similarly high regard but neither would have been right for the contest.

- Ugh, do Ukraine just always do well? Angel was a complete non-song, I can't even remember how it goes off the top of my head. Nice gimmick though.

- I LOVE that Lithuania got the UK 12 in the semi-final, mainly because I voted for it biggrin.gif Dated as hell but a lovely melody that sounded like it had come from some ancient musical

- Get You is probably the most pedestrian RedOne song ever, shameful giving it to the motherland to use as an entry! Should have given them On The Floor instead ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post Mar 18 2012, 09:01 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Belgium had a fantastic performance. The song just clicked with me mere 2 weeks ago! They didn't even have instruments on stage! ohmy.gif Flawless vocals.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Mar 18 2012, 09:18 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
The performance and band members were creepy, and the 'song' was horrible.

Latvia already did it in 2006 anyway, with a better song - still not very good mind laugh.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post Mar 18 2012, 09:19 PM
Post #17
Group icon
One song may have already got 3/4 top marks. kink.gif

+Quote this post
nickthenoodle
post Mar 18 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #18
Group icon
livin' legend you can look but don't touch
User: 4,844
Estonia - incredible piece of fantasy pop, absolutely devastated when this flopped in the final, I'm pretty sure I thought it would win right up until the final night tongue.gif!

Azerbaijan - continuing an amazing run for the Azeris, I didn't like this as much as Drip Drop and Always, but it certainly remedied their defeats in my eyes.

Belarus - the most heartbreaking DNQ ever (Soz Finland 2k11) this song was a nationalist ANTHEM although I didn't realise until the semi that it was actually sung by a woman kink.gif.

Bosnia-Herzegovina - adore this song, totally deserved its success, the staging was incredible and the music to die for.

Hungary - always a gay-pop-choon that flops in the final and this was it, I prefer this to Je Ne Sais Quoi, but we all knew this was destined for somewhere in the region of 22nd place. (Although I realise I may have actually predicted this to come top 5 tongue.gif)

Norway - such an inspiring song tongue.gif the live performance was a train wreck though, still catchy as crabs though!

Sweden - it was great to see them back in the hits and this song totally deserved its success, reminds me of my own life wink.gif.

UK - great entry this year, shame about the final performance and the juries sad.gif

Armenia - the first Armenian song for many a year not to be in my personal top 3, but I still have a soft spot for Emmy, Armenia obviously assumed that any song with a repeated word in the title would fly into the top 10 kink.gif.

France - great song and I think it should've done better, I don't think I had this pinned as a winner, but I did think it would make the top 5.

Denmark - this was such a credible song and it really resonated with me. Really glad it gave Denmark another good result.

Finland - soooo cheesy but really heartwarming tongue.gif

Germany - another decent effort from Lena, can't help but think that her Eurovision prestige got her that second top 10.

2011 >>>>> 2010

This post has been edited by xxxxxx: Mar 18 2012, 09:29 PM

+Quote this post
Vülker
post Mar 19 2012, 01:54 AM
Post #19
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222
Regarding 2011 (and agreeing with Pavel's 'meh'):

- Sweden should've won. As cringey "Popular" might be it is still by far more of a winning song than "Running Scared" will ever be, and it's probably even more popular than the Top 2 combined. Ha!
- Bulgaria should've qualified to the Final with an absolute ANTHEM.
- Portugal should've been fined for that APPALLING choice.

That is all.

And I know I'm alone in (even just) liking the Latvian entry, but that instrumental is to die for wub.gif .

This post has been edited by MelodiVÜLKivalen: Mar 19 2012, 01:54 AM

+Quote this post
dalen2000
post Mar 19 2012, 06:00 AM
Post #20
Group icon
New Entry
User: 16,534
Estonia and UK to qualify hopefully!

This post has been edited by dalen2000: Mar 19 2012, 06:00 AM

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:33 PM