BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Results for: Against the Current ~~ Discography Rate ~~, Who will runaway with the #1 and who will be stuck in the wasteland?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Spinning Adam
post 21st July 2016, 02:42 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Thank you for rating your favourites of the Against the Current discography, now it's time for the results ohmy.gif w00t.gif

Some stats:
  • The average score for a song was 7.985
  • There are a total of 7 ties, broken by which had more 11s/10s etc.
  • The lowest finisher had an average of 6.375
  • The top 3 was pretty close, separated by only 0.25 of an average ohmy.gif

Will do these in blocks of 5 up until the top 5 for increased suspense cool.gif

I'll also keep up a record of how many songs from each album are left as well as the usual rate props e.g. highest/lowest score, commentary and Youtube videos happy.gif

You rated these jams:

Infinity EP

xx Infinity
xx Something You Need
xx Comeback Kid
xx Another You (Another Way)
xx Closer, Faster

Gravity EP

xx Gravity
xx Talk
xx Dreaming Alone (feat. Taka from ONE OK ROCK)
xx Paralyzed
xx Fireproof

In Our Bones

xx Running With The Wild Things
xx Forget Me Now
xx Chasing Ghosts
xx One More Weekend
xx In Our Bones
xx Young & Relentless
xx Runaway
xx Brighter
xx Wasteland
xx Blood Like Gasoline
xx Roses
xx Demons

Other tracks

xx Thinking
xx Guessing
xx Outsiders

Starting soonish
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 21st July 2016, 03:48 PM
Post #2
Group icon

#25: Roses

Avg: 6.375

With the current: Spadz 8.5

Against the current: Iz 5

Roses finishes last, and although it's not as incredible as the Chainsmokers song of the same name, it was a grower for me. Taken from their debut album In Our Bones, I can see why it would lack appeal and it doesn't really have all the bells and whistles that most other songs have, but it's something a little different and what I really love about this one is the lyric which is one of my faves: I hope that the lipstick I left on your face stays red like the roses I laid on your grave wub.gif

#24: Thinking

Avg: 6.625

With the current: Spadz 7.5

Against the current: Iz, mdh 6

A decent non-album/EP track, it's a very Paramore-y rock track and not really matching the sound of their usual and it's quite average but it's also quite old and they've had time to improve their sound biggrin.gif

#23: Comeback Kid

Avg: 6.875 (no 8s)

Against the current: Lindsey, Iz 6

The lowest finisher on their debut Infinity EP. I think it's actually my fave from that EP kink.gif I just think the piano chords are quite catchy, but I wouldn't say that it's a huge loss as such but it's a shame it didn't make the top 20 sad.gif

#22: Another You (Another Way)

Avg: 6.875 (one 8)

Against the current: Lindsey 5

This one is one that stands out in their discography, I just love those strings wub.gif (Mattias teas) oh and those scenes in the music video heart.gif

#21: Chasing Ghosts

Avg: 7.25 (no 9s)

With the current: Spadz, Lindsey 8

Against the current: Iz 6

"You were such a mess, I thought it was sweet" wub.gif Another one from IOB, it's quite sweet but it can get old after a while. It's laid back if you want to listen to an ATC song and want something different to their usual loud tunes biggrin.gif Oh and it's the billionth song to have Ghosts in the title sleep.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Still in:

3/5

5/5

10/12

2/3

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 21st July 2016, 04:08 PM
Post #3
Group icon

#20: Closer, Faster

Avg: 7.25 (no 10s)

With the current: Spadz 9

Against the current: Iz 5

Isn't this a fun track tho? The lyrics are adorable and the guitar playing is rather catchy. I find it sounds a lot like Tonight Alive's Drive too specifically the "oh oh" bit at the beginning. Oh and can Chrissy say "butterflies" again please wub.gif

#19: Demons

Avg: 7.25 (one 10)

With the current: Spadz 10

Against the current: Lindsey, Iz 6

What is this racism with the soft spoken tracks mad.gif The verses are not much I suppose, but the eerie choruses really show how Chrissy's vocals can go places. I do like the bridge in this though and this was a late grower to become a fave for me as my 10 shows wink.gif

#18: Young & Relentless

Avg: 7.625

With the current: Spadz 9.5

Against the current: mdh 6

This was the song that made me want to listen to the album after remembering seeing a thread on it in the Indie forum (if only I could remember how it got onto my iTunes tho tongue.gif) It's a good representation of the album, I suppose the "go go go" parts for example get old after a while but I can't help but love this especially for reasons above kink.gif

#17: Something You Need

Avg: 7.75 (no 10s)

With the current: Spadz, Lindsey, Iz 8

Against the current: mdh 7

I really like the electric guitar parts in this and the chorus especially shows excellent vocals and now I think of it I should have given this 8.5 thinking.gif oh well tongue.gif

#16: Runaway

Avg: 7.75 (one 10)

Against the current: mdh 5

OK so I gave this album track a 10 but overtime since I've rated this it's got a little bit old for me.

Still in:

1/5

5/5

7/12

2/3

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 21st July 2016, 04:13 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Runaway's the only significant loss so far, all good.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 21st July 2016, 04:28 PM
Post #5
Group icon

#15: Dreaming Alone (feat. Taka from ONE OK ROCK)

Avg: 7.875 (no 10s)

With the current: Lindsey 9

Against the current: Iz 7

The first track to go out from their Gravity EP (which is also the only EP to not have any tracks out until now ohmy.gif ) it's one of my lesser favourites, but the chorus is pretty good. It's a shame that this was one of the higher soft spoken tracks than the ones I've already mentioned laugh.gif I also like that it has a featuring artist on it which is also the only one to have a feature in their whole discography! ohmy.gif well at least they collaborate in their covers I suppose, like their cover of ONE OK ROCK's The Beginning which I'm quite enjoying atm.

#14: Fireproof

Avg: 7.875 (one 10)

With the current: Lindsey 10

Against the current: Spadz 6.5

This one is my least favourite of them all, I just didn't really get into it but I gave it a little kudos for it being different. I just don't really like the "oh oh" parts or the guitar playing and the vocals don't go anywhere imo.

#13: Infinity

Avg: 8 (one 9)

With the current: Lindsey 9

The highest finishing track from Infinity is the title track. I have a feeling this will grow on me in time higher than an 8 in a similar way to Another You (Another Way).

#12: Guessing

Avg: 8 (No 10s, Two 9s)

With the current: Spadz, Lindsey 9

Against the current: mdh 9

The chorus is awesome cheer.gif I also hear strings like in AN (AW) which I love hearing in a lot of songs kink.gif

#11: Forget Me Now

Avg: 8 (one 10)

Just when I think I'm getting bored of this, it continues to grow on me even more, it's just so empowering and the lyrics increase that for me. Chrissy's loud vocals also >>>>

Still in the TOP 10:

0/5

3/5

6/12

1/3

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 21st July 2016, 04:48 PM
Post #6
Group icon

#10: Talk

Avg: 8.125 (no 10s)

With the current: Lindsey, Iz 9

I like to think of this as the RWTWT of the Gravity EP and it's a great tune to kick of the top 10 cheer.gif I seem to keep wanting to come back to this one, it's just really catchy and really easy to sing along to dance.gif I think if there wasn't so many other less rocky tracks to listen to I might have given it a 9 idk laugh.gif

#9: Blood Like Gasoline

Avg: 8.125 (one 10)

With the current: Lindsey 10

BLG is the bottom of the pile for me on the In Our Bones album. It's an interesting track but it doesn't really excite me like the rest of the album does. I do like the lyrics though tongue.gif

#8: Gravity

Avg: 8.25

Can you saaaaaaaaave me now? heart.gif Another one that's grew on me a lot, another one of those powerful tracks with perfect vocals throughout wub.gif I'm surprised this didn't get more higher scores tbh.

#7: Brighter

Avg: 8.5

omg this is SUCH a tune though music.gif it was so close to my 11 behind In Our Bones which I narrowly prefer over this but it's so uplifting, I think it's because it's similar in some ways to Stand By You by Rachel Platten which I adore wub.gif "I don't need a reason to set the world on fire" is another fave lyric biggrin.gif

#6: Wasteland

Avg: 8.625

With the current: Lindsey, Iz 10

This was actually one of my earlier faves oops, I seem to be going off it quicker than I'd've liked sad.gif It reminds me a bit of The Chainsmokers and the eerieness of it is a bit like in Chasing Ghosts for me. It recently had a video filmed for it and it's out now, below, and it's pretty great cool.gif

Still in:

1/5

3/12

1/3

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 21st July 2016, 05:01 PM
Post #7
Group icon

#5: Outsiders

Avg: 9 (no 10s)

With the current: Spadz 11

Against the current: Lindsey, mdh 8

"Insider" the top 5 (mellow.gif) is definitely my favourite of them all, the one that got sent to BJSC earlier in the year and finished 4th (and my biggest ever regret to not give it points, somehow missing it confused.gif my 18 wouldn't have changed anything, I checked magic.gif ) This is quite possibly my favourite song in general of the year so far, and it keeps on swapping with my current BJSC entry, the Sokko remix of Fantasy by Alexa Lusader for my favourite song right now laugh.gif Again this is where Chrissy's vocals PEAK in terms of flawlessness and everything about this is stunning. The lyrics also speak to me so much and I wish it could have been included on the album, but maybe that would have overslayed me heehee.gif can't believe I was the only person to give it 11, let alone a 10 huh.gif

#4: In Our Bones

Avg: 9 (one 10)

With the current: Spadz 11

Oh, just drag my other 11 why don't cha kink.gif My fave track overall from the album and although it's different to the rest of the pack I think it's really sweet and I fall for it so much wub.gif I get a strong emotional connection to this I think and it's not usually a thing for me to love the title track of an album let alone it be my fave laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 21st July 2016, 05:06 PM
Post #8
Group icon

#3: Paralyzed

Avg: 8.5

With the current: Lindsey, Iz 11

I don't really see why this gets so much hype on this if I'm honest laugh.gif it sounds like a few of their older songs that finished a lot lower than this. I think this could grow to a 9 for me later on though but it's not really that special to me. I think it sounds a bit like Kelly Clarkson's Since You've Been Gone in places (which I prefer to this)

This post has been edited by memebury.: 21st July 2016, 05:07 PM

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 21st July 2016, 05:20 PM
Post #9
Group icon

#2: One More Weekend

Avg: 9.5

With the current: mdh 11

Against the current: Spadz, Lindsey, Iz 9

Well I wasn't expecting this to finish so high, let alone top 10 laugh.gif well there is the fact that it was mdh's 11 and as only four voted, everyone's 11s were always going to be pretty high :') This used to be one of the less impressive tracks for me but it also grew on me a lot. I like to think of it as the weaker version of Forget Me Now for the chorus and the verses give me Roses teas. I think the combination of styles to create this song is rather effective actually biggrin.gif

So that means your winnah iz...

winner.gif

no1.jpg Running With The Wild Things

Avg: 9.625

With the current: Lindsey, Iz 11

Against the current: mdh 8

I had a feeling this would win, or at least be pretty close to it tongue.gif I think it's the most rockiest (?) song of the whole album and that it's a commercial favourite from fans too. I think this is the Misery Business of their discography (which also happened to win the Paramore singles rate last year but I'm comparing them by sound quality also) This was actually my 2nd to last favourite of the album but it's grown on me a fair bit and it's not somewhere in the middle biggrin.gif the "ooh ooh" bits are really easy to sing along to and that opening line is another one I love: "Ooh, they don't hear us read us bedtime stories from their textbooks", in fact the lyrics for the song in general are pretty awsome and empowering and makes me enjoy the song even more.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 21st July 2016, 05:21 PM
Post #10
Group icon

Here's the spreadsheet for the scores. Also below the table I felt like doing them by EP/album to see how they faired happy.gif

Thanks for playing biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 21st July 2016, 05:30 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Paralyzed should have been top 2 over One More Weekend. It's TIGHT, punchy, Chrissy's vocals sound fantastic on it and it's a right stormer (and it's quite special to me for certain reasons). But Running With The Wild Things is also a top-notch pop-rock track so I'm totally fine with it winning.

Wasteland would have been a nice track to be in the top 5 too but I guess I wouldn't push out In Our Bones or Outsiders for it.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 21st July 2016, 09:05 PM
Post #12
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

Y'all need to let Blood Like Gasoline consume you or whatever its incredible, her vocals ughhhh

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:27 PM