BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Take That Touring Worldwide
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
nirvanamusic
post 23rd January 2023, 07:55 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 16,950

Personally I wish they toured more like Robbie, in the sense of choosing new countries to play shows. At the moment the two foreign shows for 2023 are Denmark and Finland. I'm glad they are performing in Finland again as their last show there was in 1994.

I'm going to write the countries Robbie has performed concerts in below, just to show the extra places he has performed.

In the past Take That have played concerts in: (last concert stated)

Africa

No concerts ever.

They really should play South Africa at least. They have a loyal fan base on the continent, and chart success during both eras.

Robbie: South Africa.

Asia

Indonesia, 1995.
Israel, 2017. *First Appearance*
Japan, 1995.
Singapore, 2016.
Taiwan, 2007.
Thailand, 2016.
United Arab Emirates, 2024.

Robbie: Hong Kong, Qatar.

Europe

Austria, 2019.
Belgium, 2019.
Denmark, 2019.
Finland, 1994.
France, 2019.
Germany, 2019.
Ireland, 2019.
Italy, 2019.
Netherlands, 2019.
Spain, 2007.
Sweden, 2006.
Switzerland, 2019.
UK, 2019.

I would say they should add a concert in Spain and Sweden to their upcoming concerts.

Robbie: Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia.

North America

No concerts ever.

Canada has always had a moderate reception to TT, including a #1 record with 'Back For Good' and Top 40's with 'It Only Takes a Minute' and 'Patience', plus a few other Top 100 entries. There is a strong presense/demand on social media there.
USA. Las Vegas Residency or a few shows there would be nice.

Robbie: Canada, Mexico, USA.

Oceania

Australia, 2017.
New Zealand, 2017. *First Appearance*

South America

No concerts ever.

This is a big one. The social media dedication from Brazil, Argentina, and Chile especially are huge for them. I believe they really do need to play some concerts in these countries.

Robbie: Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Paraguay.

I really hope Take That play shows in Africa, North America and South America in the future for the first time. I think they owe it to their loyal and patient fans.

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: 13th January 2024, 06:34 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
tommie
post 23rd January 2023, 08:03 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

Their touring is just reflective of where they've been popular to be fair - obviously, they never *quite* broke through on a big level internationally and the closest they got was with Back For Good, but unfortunately they couldn't take full advantage of that because Robbie soon left the group. Patience did well for them internationally with Beautiful World doing OK, but after that it was pretty much diminished returns with each album/release. I think one-off shows is the best hope for some of those regions to be honest, rather than being a part of a proper tour. Easier to arrange on a small scale.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 23rd January 2023, 09:26 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135

I would have thought that they would do well touring in Europe , I always thought they had quite a wide audience there

This post has been edited by Sydney11: 24th January 2023, 09:45 AM

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post 24th January 2023, 11:36 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

Hopefully they will tour different countries in Europe, and one off shows elsewhere.

Years old now, but these articles provide analysis for the demand in the USA, South America & Mexico. I also know that they would do well with a Canadian gig in either Vancouver or Toronto.

https://www.radiocremebrulee.com/take-that/...tour-in-the-us/
https://www.radiocremebrulee.com/take-that/...n-south-america

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post 24th January 2023, 12:02 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 25,575

They had quite a fanbase in NL and Germany. Progress tour was great. But since then no album really charted too well and even arenas became to huge when they last toured Germany. Only one event of I think four sold well.
On the other hand I like that they experiment with their albums and do not play it safe. They made their money and my feeling is that they now do what they like with less interest of commercial success as 3 piece or solo.
Have to say too that 3 members of TT simply looks wrong. Four is ok, three feels like GB and band (and i mean that nice)

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 24th January 2023, 06:37 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135

Howard said on twitter recently that he has been writing songs quite a bit which is great

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post 29th January 2023, 07:11 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

In anticipation of the shows later in the year in Denmark and Finland. Thought it would be good to recap their chart positions (singles as these may be performed) in both nations:

Denmark

Could It Be Magic: #28.
Pray: #14.
Relight My Fire: #19.
Babe: #16.
Everything Changes: #4.
Love Ain't Here Anymore: #6.
Sure: #3.
Back For Good: #2.
Never Forget: #3.
How Deep Is Your Love: #1 (2 weeks).
Patience: #6.
Shine: #7.
Reach Out: #13.
Rule The World: #32.
Greatest Day: #28.
The Garden: #8.
The Flood: #4.
Kidz: #12.

Finland

Why Can't I Wake Up With You: #17.
Pray: #20.
Relight My Fire: #5.
Babe: #8.
Everything Changes: #11.
Love Ain't Here Anymore: #9.
Sure: #4.
Back For Good: #2.
Never Forget: #5.
How Deep Is Your Love: #2
The Flood: #28.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 29th January 2023, 11:07 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

When they reformed they did talk about work life balance and that they wouldnt work like they did first time around, i think when they reformed they were very much focusing on the UK and they have such huge success with it. I know they tour in other countries but i dont think they have pushed all that hard for big success.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 03:36 PM