BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> How should 'Golden' the single have been handled?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 3rd July 2018, 11:15 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

It's been 5 weeks since the video for 'Golden' was released. The song has been A-listed by Radio 2 and has been greatly received at the various shows Kylie has performed this era, however, we've not received any form of broadcasted promotion, remixes or interview advertising the song. It's definitely an official single, but could more have been done/be done to support it?

Post your ideas below of what the promotional schedule for the single 'Golden' should have been.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 3rd July 2018, 12:34 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Without trying to be smart anything st all would have helped as they barely done anything,a performance would have helped and possibly a vinyl release,ideally a vinyl and cd single as she has a fan base who would buy both.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 3rd July 2018, 01:20 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Nothing more should have been done. Most of the big promo slots are done or she's already done them and it'd be a waste of money to invest in remixes or physicals when only a very small percentage of fans would want it,

+Quote this post
pippa
post 3rd July 2018, 01:39 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Fans would have purchased limited releases of physicals for the singles like they did with the vinyl of Dancing.

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post 3rd July 2018, 03:11 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822

Don't release it, release "A lifetime to repair" instead, but since the song is personal to Kylie, I think it's alright.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 3rd July 2018, 03:15 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Raining Shitter

Most of then are personal to her?

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 3rd July 2018, 05:45 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

It's not uncommon for artists in Kylie's position to have one or two singles that are promoted well and have any succeeding singles be there mainly for radio to play and keep the album selling so, in that sense, I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with the way 'Golden' has been released.

However, I've had this idea swirling in my head that it would have been a great opportunity to make the most of her 50th birthday and released 'Golden' on physical with 'Lost Without You' as the B-side. I suppose the latter could still be a single despite being a bonus track, but I think it would have been a cute little package of those two tracks with nice artwork and maybe gold coloured disc/vinyl. Kylie should also have performed 'Golden' as part of the Radio 2 session, like I really don't get the logic of leaving it out.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 3rd July 2018, 05:58 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Raining Shitter

I think this was always gonna be a "oh lets throw it out to keep Kylie on the radio for a bit" situation. It was always going to get released since she filmed the video months ago.

I can see an Autumn/Winter single getting a bigger push

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 3rd July 2018, 06:05 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I hope so! Maybe something in time for headlining Radio 2's Live in Hyde Park? That something being 'Music's Too Sad...', of course.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 3rd July 2018, 06:32 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Raining Shitter

New version with Carrie Underwood. Sad lesbian love ANTHEM.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 3rd July 2018, 06:36 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I suppose what's already been covered really - a televised performance or two, a remix bundle and to have performed it on R2 when the whole point of the gig was to "celebrate" the single release.

Ultimately though, for her to get two top 75 hits including a top 40 from the era is WAY more than I expected anyway and with the album doing as well as it has done, I can see why they've taken more of a back seat with this. I wasn't really expecting another charting single anyway.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 3rd July 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

While i wasn't expecting a hit i was hoping that she could even it to the Top 200 or people would be aware the songs exists.
It feels like only a handful of her dedicated fans would know of the release .

+Quote this post
Regina
post 3rd July 2018, 06:43 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Raining Shitter

People asking for remixes when so far all of them have been shyte.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 4th July 2018, 12:22 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

They need to get away from staggered releases for Kylie tbh - video and single, followed 3 weeks later by a Remix EP, then video, then physical etc., just don’t work for acts like Kylie.

For ‘Golden’ they should have done the video, streaming playlist, CD and Cassette limited physical, Remix EP and Radio 2 performance all in the same week. Yes it would result in 36-Out but much better than DNC.

All releases should have a physical and as I’ve said before if indie bands can manage limited runs of physical singles and presumably make a return on investment then I’m sure Kylie and BMG can.

‘Golden’ was solely released to get R2 airplay - they clearly had no intentions of actually pushing it as a single.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 4th July 2018, 12:24 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

QUOTE(pippa @ Jul 3 2018, 07:41 PM) *
While i wasn't expecting a hit i was hoping that she could even it to the Top 200 or people would be aware the songs exists.

But who would buy it to make it Top 200? The general public wouldn’t know of it and Kylie fans would be hard pushed to buy it even if they wanted too - no standalone digital release, remixes or any streaming playlists.

+Quote this post
Stuart25
post 4th July 2018, 10:08 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 20,697

There's obviously a reason they're not releasing physicals, otherwise they would. Maybe they'd have to charge too high a price to make a profit (a price which consumers would not pay/they would get accused of rinsing the fans), maybe they don't have the resources, maybe they're wanting people to buy/stream the album instead, maybe they just can't be bothered etc etc.

My bets are on a mix of 1, 3 and 4.

This post has been edited by Stuart25: 4th July 2018, 10:09 AM

+Quote this post
post 4th July 2018, 10:48 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

gente de zona would have gotten it to #1

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 4th July 2018, 05:39 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

I would have liked a physical CD single with B sides but BMG haven’t released a CD single for any of the singles so far. To be fair, it would probably only have a limited impact anyway as Kylie is unlikely to score big singles anymore. Nonetheless, the lack of promotion is evident in the fact the single hasn’t helped the album recover due to it being dangerously close to dropping out of the T75.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 5th July 2018, 07:13 AM
Post #19
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

QUOTE(pippa @ Jul 3 2018, 07:41 PM) *

There hasn’t been an official Top 200 chart since June 2017! It’s officially only a Top 100 now, so if it misses that chart then there’s no official chart position to be achieved.

~

The main thing that I’ve found disappointing with this era is the move away from physical singles. A CD and 7” vinyl set for all three singles would have been very appreciated by me and countless other fans! Golden albums on cassette proved that she has a fanbase that is still very much here for physicals, even the seemingly redundant formats - so they may as well.

A little disappointing that there’s no artwork for the Golden single, which seems unheard of for Kylie.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 5th July 2018, 03:35 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I can only agree about the lack of physicals for the singles.
Your point about the cassette is extremely valid as it showed her fanbase want the physical and want the various formats when on offer.
You also mention about the CD and 7” vinyl set, this would have been wonderful for so many of her dedicated fans, releasing in this style would have likely gained her 5,000 extra sales on impact week.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 11:09 AM