BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Body Language ● Bonus Songs
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Which of the Body Language bonus material is best?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 
Liam.k.
post Nov 13 2018, 05:29 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
From what I can find, these are the 12 bonus songs from the Body Language era.

Which are your favourites? Should any of these have made the album in place of any that did make it?

Share your thoughts below or use this as an opportunity to discover some new Kylie hidden gems!

Almost a Lover

Boombox (Original)

City Games

Cruise Control

I'm Just Here for the Music

I'm Sorry

My Image Unlimited

On the Up

Slo Motion

Soul On Fire

Trippin' Me Up

You Make Me Feel
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Nov 13 2018, 05:30 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Purposely excluded this from the poll as it has the advantage of familiarity, but originally Ludacris was to feature on 'Chocolate'. You can here that version below:

+Quote this post
pippa
post Nov 13 2018, 07:17 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
I'm Just Here for the Music followed by Trippin Me Up.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Nov 13 2018, 07:23 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'On The Up', although it totally doesn't fit the sound of the album at all.

Also really love 'City Games' and 'I'm Just Here For The Music'.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Nov 14 2018, 12:57 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
City games.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Nov 14 2018, 01:30 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I think all the songs are good tbh! My favourites, with my top choice in bold:

Almost a Lover
City Games
Cruise Control
On the Up
Slo Motion

Apart from maybe 'On the Up' (which is closer to the Fever sound) I think all these would be welcome additions to the album. 'City Games' and 'Cruise Control' suit the sound of the album but also have a bit more melody and that immediate catchy sound that I think people found were missing from the album. I think 'Slo Motion' would have made a better album closer than 'After Dark', not that I dislike that track, but it does let the album finish rather abruptly I find, plus I like the idea of the album being bookmarked by songs with "slo(w)" in their titles.

I agree with the general opinion that the first half of the album is stronger than the second half and I think these songs would help the album out, perhaps in place of 'I Feel For You' and 'Someday' (I don't quite get the hate that these songs get but I'd agree they're the weaker songs from the album).

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Nov 14 2018, 01:50 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
For some reason kylie often manages to leave off tracks that are much stronger than songs that make the final cut. I look forward to hearing some more songs that missed out on golden too. Kylie has so much strong material to release a b sides and rarities album that would actually be a very strong album. I wonder will it ever happen.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Nov 14 2018, 02:00 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Kylie would have a stellar discography even if you removed all the singles and album tracks and just left the B-sides and bonus tracks. I do sometimes wonder what the selection process for the album tracking lists are like. Not that I'm criticising their judgement, obviously opinions are subjective and you're never going to make everyone happy, plus there must be factors like showing different aspects and layers to albums etc., but there's a great deal of fantastic Kylie songs that are even left on the cutting room floor and don't get properly released in any form, whether it be B-side or a bonus track in selected countries.

The day we get an worth album of bonus Kylie material, I'll be one happy fan!

+Quote this post
pippa
post Nov 14 2018, 02:23 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Songs choices and preferences are extremely subjective as you mentioned and i am sure there is no one on the team picking a bad song for the sake of it.
Everyone sees different strengths and weaknesses in various songs.
It is no different to when we vote in polls for liked and most liked songs we all have various opinions.
That said, Kylie certainly has a stellar discography outside her main material that would make for a great album that her fans would greatcoat welcome to be released officially.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Nov 15 2018, 12:40 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
A little something I discovered! There's a version of 'Cruise Control' featuring a rap from Sean Paul and it features on certain versions of the 'Red Blooded Woman' CD. However, the rap in question is actually verse 2 from Sean Paul's song 'Gimme the Light' and it was just Body Language co-producer/writer Johnny Douglas messing around with the track in his own time. Parlophone had a copy of it and accidently included this version of the CDs. No credit was given to Sean so that got them into a spot of bother apparently!

Looking at the credits for Body Language, Ms. Dynamite is listed as a co-writer on 'Secret (Take You Home)' - I suspect she was responsible for the rap? Wonder if there was any intention on her doing the rap or whether Kylie was always destined to do it.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Nov 15 2018, 01:18 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I'd say she originally was and it was changed to kylie. Body language wrap overall I'd say was a tine of kitsch if changes,reconsiderations etc to adapt the sound in hooe of American success.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Nov 15 2018, 02:38 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Nov 15 2018, 01:18 AM) *
I'd say she originally was and it was changed to kylie. Body language wrap overall I'd say was a tine of kitsch if changes,reconsiderations etc to adapt the sound in hooe of American success.

I've read this so many times now and I can't make a head nor tail of it. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post Nov 15 2018, 02:40 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I would think mid Fever campaign when it had become successful plans were put in place for Body Language and the style was mapped out.
Material, like In My Arms, Like A Drug and Wow would have made a more cohesive follow up to the Fever era.
Would anyone think if Slow was part of the X era and was the lead single, followed by Like A Drug, Wow and In My Arms the X campiagn would have had reached more success?

+Quote this post
___∆___
post Nov 15 2018, 09:18 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155
City Games and Boombox wub.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post Nov 15 2018, 10:46 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
The voting is spread over so many songs with no front runner emerging just yet.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Nov 16 2018, 02:27 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
Not a big fan of a lot of the bonus tracks from this era but slo motion and on the up are decent!

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Nov 16 2018, 02:32 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
QUOTE(pippa @ Nov 15 2018, 02:40 PM) *
I would think mid Fever campaign when it had become successful plans were put in place for Body Language and the style was mapped out.
Material, like In My Arms, Like A Drug and Wow would have made a more cohesive follow up to the Fever era.
Would anyone think if Slow was part of the X era and was the lead single, followed by Like A Drug, Wow and In My Arms the X campiagn would have had reached more success?

X suffered from similar issues to body language. Admittantly, there are more obvious singles choices but there are some pretty dire tracks on that album too. Only half the tracks are decent. I remember hearing some of the unreleased demo’s and thinking they were a lot better than some of the tracks that made the album.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:59 AM