BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BRITS 2021 • Discussion Thread, Finally the WINNERS OF Best British Group!!!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Mar 17 2021, 06:13 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Let's get some discussion going on the Brit Awards this year.

I'm sure the nominations are right around the corner, so lets get discussing.

- Can they finally break that pop group curse and bag a Best British Group award?
- Will 'Sweet Melody' be considered for Best British Single? Usually the top 10 best selling British singles (capped at 1 per lead artist) of the year are eligible - so SM would miss, but with the extension and this year being postponed, Idk what will happen
- Will they perform?
- Will Jesy actually launch her solo career there?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 17 2021, 06:15 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I don't know who else will be up for Best British Group tearsmile.gif Icr if The 1975 released a new album this year or not lmao. I think they did so... UGHHHH.

My fingers are crossed for 'Sweet Melody' making it, but we shall see.

Would LOVE a performance of 'Sweet Melody' on the BRITS to go with their trilogy and it'd be good exposure for them as a 3-piece and would cast away any doubts with the public who maybe think "they're not as strong without Jesy" etc..

I'm not sure about Jesy launching her solo career there, but it would be huge exposure for her.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post Mar 17 2021, 07:47 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499
I'd absolutely LOVE a Sweet Melody performance at the Brits!

I'd particularly love for the girls to become the first girl group to win best british group! They really deserve it!

I'd love to see Jesy perform but I can't see her performing - plus I don't think she'd perform at the same event the other girls are performing at - unless it is all pre-recorded performances!

I'd just hate all the headlines to be Jesy v Little Mix!

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post Mar 17 2021, 08:19 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 109,885
They'll get a nom for Best Group- hopefully album too? It wasn't the *best* album of the year, but I mean if Anne-Marie bagged a nomination they should be able to (Realistically Glory Days should've gotten a nom as it was eligible and was massive but..)

If they extend the eligibility I can see them getting a Best Single nom, and if they bring back Best Video they'd bag that nomination too for Sweet Melody, and probs win it.

If the above happened the only one they truly deserve to win is Best Group, groups can't be nominated in consecutive years so they'll be up against The 1975 again and Gorillaz I believe? London Grammar will be another one they're against.

The Brits use them for promo and tweets every single year and always do them so dirty, they definitely deserve to win it this year (well they deserved the last 2 nominations too but..)

A woman has not been involved in the winning group since 1987 when Five Star won. Little Mix winning would not only be massive and monumental for what female groups can achieve but also for what women of colour can achieve. The Brits would be very stupid to award a group of white men again after the year we've had surrounding diversity and representation. (Also besides that Little Mix deserve it the most out of any current UK group just for their talent/acclaim/success)

As for the performance, would love a remake of the Sweet Melody video, or a medley of hits! We are long overdue a Little Mix medley at an awards show.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 17 2021, 08:29 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Oh a medley would be great! A medley of Wings into Black Magic into Shout Out into Touch into Sweet Melody... *.*

I wouldn't mind them having a big surprise collaboration either. I wish the BRITS would focus on them again! They were always a huge success! Kylie/Justin, Rihanna/Klaxons & Florence/Dizzee etc..

+Quote this post
Dynasty.
post Mar 18 2021, 02:39 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 74,599
I say a Best Group nom is pretty much in the bag (hopefully a win too..!) but i would also love to see Sweet Melody grab a best single nomination if possible!

I really want the brits to bring back the ‘Best Video’ category as i definitely agree that Sweet Melody would probably have a big chance on winning that..

The girls deserve the best group award more than ever right now.. especially after such a big year (#1 single, Top 2 album with very impressive sales and a TV show etc etc..)

The noms will probably be announced next month, right?

This post has been edited by legendsglory: Mar 18 2021, 02:40 PM

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Mar 18 2021, 03:07 PM
Post #7
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
Would love them to perform!

+Quote this post
Anth
post Mar 24 2021, 11:32 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 84,955
Nominations announced next Wednesday, fingers crossed for a few nominations 🤞

+Quote this post
shindymindy
post Mar 24 2021, 11:55 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 2,021
Hoping for:

Best group
British Single?
Video (if it's still a thing)

And a performance

I genuinely can't think of another UK group that has had the year they had. It would be justice if they won best group but I won't hold my breath.

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post Mar 24 2021, 01:37 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
What we should be getting at the least;
Best Group

What I want as well if they extend the criteria-
Best Single

And bring back Best Video too. Best Album nom would be cute as well since most of the noms are always like subpar albums with big sales, Dua will win this year though, it's just nice to see their name up there.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Mar 24 2021, 04:07 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
I find the Brits so hard to call but best group nomination has to be in the bag.

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post Mar 26 2021, 09:47 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059
If they still can't win Best Group with three hit singles (one of them being number 1), a hit album, a TV show and Jesy's departure being one of the biggest entertainment stories of the year plus rolling into their tenth year as a girl group then I genuinely can't see it ever happening. There's nothing else they can do at this point. They have every box ticked to win.

+Quote this post
shindymindy
post Mar 26 2021, 10:21 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 2,021
QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Mar 26 2021, 09:47 AM) *
If they still can't win Best Group with three hit singles (one of them being number 1), a hit album, a TV show and Jesy's departure being one of the biggest entertainment stories of the year plus rolling into their tenth year as a girl group then I genuinely can't see it ever happening. There's nothing else they can do at this point. They have every box ticked to win.

Exactly this!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Mar 29 2021, 08:27 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Mar 26 2021, 10:47 AM) *

I totally agree, but then I'll raise you 3 #1 singles, a #1 album and two in the top 10 in both US and UK, merchandise on pretty much anything you can see and the biggest world tour by a girl group of all time combined with being the biggest selling music act on the planet... and not even a nomination for best group. blink.gif This is the Brits they can be total idiots.

+Quote this post
Anth
post Mar 30 2021, 10:56 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
I think I’m right in saying this but if the girls pick up two nominations they will be the most nominated girl group in BRITs history!

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post Mar 30 2021, 11:21 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(spiceboy @ Mar 29 2021, 09:27 PM) *
I totally agree, but then I'll raise you 3 #1 singles, a #1 album and two in the top 10 in both US and UK, merchandise on pretty much anything you can see and the biggest world tour by a girl group of all time combined with being the biggest selling music act on the planet... and not even a nomination for best group. blink.gif This is the Brits they can be total idiots.

Spice Girls were nominated in 1997- but I agree that not giving it to them at the time was absolutely a mess considering what they achieved.

Little Mix have longevity on their side too and the fact that award shows are slowly realising they are very male and white oriented, so hopefully Little Mix should be within a decent chance.

It's sad though that their gender/race may be what gets them it but not the fact that they genuinely deserve the award for their records/achievements/talent/acclaim and had a better year than any of their peers.

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post Mar 31 2021, 08:16 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
nominations at 4pm today!

+Quote this post
Anth
post Mar 31 2021, 08:58 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
I’m gonna go with noms for:
Best British Group
Best British Single- Sweet Melody
Best British Album

Call me optimistic

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 31 2021, 09:36 AM
Post #19
Group icon
I doubt album! But I would say the other 2 are more or less guaranteed, no?

GAHHHH! C'mon ladies!! Hope they're announced as performers soon too!

+Quote this post
Jo'
post Mar 31 2021, 03:10 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 21,280
Yeaaah ! Nomination for Best Group !

+Quote this post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:25 PM