BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jupiter 2018: Week #4, ride you like a tidal wave // + links + writeup
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post Jan 29 2018, 12:50 PM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Ride holds the top spot for a second week as BJSC101 gets under way, pleasingly, it seems to've picked up a few fans already so I'm happy to've brought it to a new audience. In doing so it becomes the first track to take #1 for more than one week this year - although probably not the last! Grey and Skott this week ascend to #2 giving Skott her second near miss at #1, maybe she'll get there eventually. Rita and Liam's Fifty Shades track and Simian Ghost's Eat the Rich - which feels pretty appropriate for the state of the world today - join previous topper River to complete this week's top 5.

Highest brand new entry this week goes fittingly to brand new act Hunter and Tara, my first country crossover discovery of 2018. They're on spotify and soundcloud, but not even youtube yet, and are currently one of those rare under-1000-plays acts on spotify, so if you want to get in early, check them out. I foudn them via NoiseTrade when looking to make some new discoveries this year, I'd recommend that as a source too if you like finding brand new music before everyone else and supporting smaller artists. Other new entries this week come from Pink, Buckingham and McVie of Fleetwood Mac, Ryan Riback, Alayna, Neon Trees, Amanda Delara, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, Nicki Minaj, Koni and Jeongwoo, and the Kaiser Chiefs pushing my two year grace rule to the limit. (Anything released in the past two years is chart eligible in case of late discoveries of things that originally flew under my radar).

New entries will be linked a bit later on in the week to save you hunting for them, so check back to see those, and feel free to peek at my (linked) weekly playlists in the meantime.

And with all that out of the way, here's this fourth week of January's top 40 list:

01 Femme En Fourrure ft. Pykari - Ride [34-3-1-1]
02 Grey ft. Skott - Crime (Acoustic) [6-4-2]
03 Eminem ft. Ed Sheeran - River [14-1-2-3]
04 Liam Payne ft. Rita Ora - For You (Fifty Shades Freed) [5-4]
05 Simian Ghost - Eat the Rich [15-5]
06 Lana Del Rey - Change [12-5-6-6]
07 MGMT - When You Die [39-37-37-7-7]
08 Troye Sivan - My My My [13-8]
09 Paloma Faith - Kings and Queens [28-9]
10 Hunter and Tara - Believe Me [N]
11 A$AP Ferg ft. Nicki Minaj - Plain Jane Remix [21-8-11]
12 Pink - Secrets [N]
13 Paramore - Forgiveness [32-10-13]
14 Alt-J - Hares on the Mountain [35-26-14]
15 Taylor Swift ft. Future + Ed Sheeran - End Game [33-15]
16 Odesza ft. Leon Bridges - Across the Room [38-X7-40-16]
17 RKCB ft. Nate Fox - Reasons [23-11-17]
18 Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie - Lay Down For Free [N]
19 Dawin - Panther [29-19]
20 Peking Duk ft. Icona Pop - Let You Down [29-9-20]
21 Chris Lane ft. Tori Kelly - Take Back Home Girl [12-18-21]
22 GoldLink ft. Shy Glizzy + Brent Faiyaz - Crew [20-12-22]
23 LissA - My Way Up [17-23]
24 Foster the People - Static Space Lover [16-24-24]
25 Ryan Riback ft. Iselin - Do You Care [N]
26 Kimbra - Everybody Knows [27-9-14-26]
27 The XX - Say Something Loving [15-19-27]
28 Wolfie ft. Renz - Maintain [34-20-28]
29 Kiri T - Roll Deep in the Feels [36-16-29]
30 Justin Timberlake - Supplies [N]
31 Neon Trees - Feel Good [N]
32 Farruko ft. Nicki Minaj, Rvssian + Bad Bunny - Krippy Kush [N]
33 Amanda Delara - We Don't Run From Anyone [N]
34 Alayna - Bliss [N]
35 Lily Allen ft. Giggs - Trigger Bang [16-5-5-4-25-35]
36 Corrs - Butter Flutter [38-36]
37 David Guetta ft. Afrojack, French Montana + Charli XCX - Dirty Sexy Money [31-30-37]
38 Kaiser Chiefs - High Society [N]
39 Koni ft. Jeongwoo + Liliana Wilde - Sun Goes Down [N]
40 Katy Perry - Hey Hey Hey [N]

#1s this year:
Inna – Nirvana (1)
Eminem ft. Ed Sheeran – River (1)
Femme En Fourrure ft. Pykari – Ride (~)

My spotify picks arrow right.gif {A-List} arrow right.gif {B-List} arrow right.gif {C-List}

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: Feb 2 2018, 03:31 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
seven.
post Jan 31 2018, 02:07 AM
Post #2
Group icon
i can only do one normal thing a day
User: 14,428
When You Die *.*! huge track, this new album is shaping up to be quite interesting

cool bjsc entry this month biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Jan 31 2018, 04:31 AM
Post #3
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
Hey Jupiter!

Ride is a really nice track, as is most of the BJSC entries right now ohmy.gif Hope this does well!

Pink debuting with Secrets is great to see, I really hope she goes with that as the next single - I’m already playing it loads & I much prefer it to What About Us laugh.gif

Loving the Paramore too! ohmy.gif Foregiveness is a 10/10 standout from the album (although tbf almost everything on After Laughter is 10/10 or higher)

Lots of other great songs here, and lots I need to check out too kink.gif

Great chart!!

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Jan 31 2018, 07:57 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723
Hello Jupiter!
Nice to see "Supplies" debut and the gain for "End Game"!
Great chart overall!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Feb 2 2018, 03:23 PM
Post #5
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
And now for this week's new entries:

Starting off this week with the pop. Coming in at this week's tail end, a new entry for Katy Perry. Perry's had a pretty bad last era compared to the heights of chart success she's used to. On my personals, she's been more mixed - CTTR and Bon Appetit were both top 5s for me, but I was not a fan of Swish Swish or Feels, and this one's a bit dull too. Justin Timberlake's Supplies on the other hand is fantastic, head and shoulders above the dreary Filthy that on the official chart is doing much better for some reason. Pink's Secrets should be, I think, if not her next single, a single at some point. As for Krippy Kush, it's not quite pop, but it didn't really fit anywhere else this week. It's an okay tune, a bit repetitive mind, but Nicki's Spanish lines at the start are just too funny.

Indie from established acts next, and its a first entry for Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac from their debut album as a duo released last year. As a Fleetwood Mac fan, I did play it a bit last year, but nothing made top 40 at the time. The Kaisers also chart a second track from their latest album that sees them going down a lighter and softer path than expected, while Neon Trees come back with a feelgood (sorry) party tune that only really took off for me this last month.

And finally for this week, the less well known acts, discoveries if you will. Amanda Delara up first, a recent BJSC entry for someone not me, but not the track of hers I'd been prepping to send for a while. Somehow We Don't Run From Anyone didn't make it through to the finals, possibly down to its very short current video on youtube which is less than half the song. It's very M0. Two dancier tracks from Koni/Jeongwoo and Ryan Riback in here too, soft lounge chill from Alayna with her second charter, and this week's highest new entry from country crossover outfit Hunter and Tara. And that's the lot for this week! Comments welcome as ever, and check back next week to see the chart changes as we go into February!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:09 AM