BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Did It Again ● 20 Years
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 24th November 2017, 02:21 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

It's been 20 years since the release of 'Did It Again', perhaps the most remembered song from this underrated era. Continuing Kylie's exploration of more rock-inspired pop music, 'Did It Again' was inspired by the negative stories that had been published by the British press, with Kylie giving herself a telling off for not learning her lesson when it came to reacting to these stories.

Reviews were generally positive and remains an album highlight for fans to this date, although it is the music video that is perhaps what the song is most remembered for. Kylie appears as four characters, dubbed Sex Kylie, Cute Kylie, Indie Kylie and Dance Kylie - all images associated with Kylie throughout her career - and they all fight one another to be on top. Indie Kylie, according to Kylie herself, was the winner and indeed the public agreed when a BuzzFeed poll asked fans to vote for the best Kylie.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
pippa
post 24th November 2017, 07:55 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

The weakest of the 3 singles from her most underrated album but came with one of the best videos she has done.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 25th November 2017, 12:27 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

ya i agree, i would put it at the weakest of the 3 singles from IP but i still like it. Breathe is the standout out from this era and im a big some kind of bliss fan too although it hasnt aged all that well. The video though for did it again is so quirky.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 25th November 2017, 11:27 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

Not a big fan of “did it again”. I remember reading an article in a newspaper which described her performance of the song on TOTP as career suicide - maybe a bit harsh but it doesn’t really suit her vocal style. Breathe is miles better but is also under recognised as a great song. However, impossible princess overall is a solid album and miles ahead than a lot of her recent parliphone albums.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 25th November 2017, 01:06 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

I adore did it again wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 25th November 2017, 02:12 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Live performances from the promotional period:

Beat UK
Hey Hey It's Saturday
National Lottery
Top of the Pops

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 26th November 2017, 02:52 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

This is one of her absolute best songs for me, and it's criminally underrated.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 29th November 2017, 01:46 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

The three worldwide singles rank pretty closely but the video for 'Did It Again' definitely stands out as the best. I remember watching it as a kid and finding it very entertaining. Can't recall having a favourite but I know I found Indie Kylie really weird, mainly because I didn't know what Indie meant.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:09 AM