BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Madonna Glastonbury rumours
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 5th November 2023, 03:55 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 5th November 2023, 04:16 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Wow! I guess it makes sense whilst she’s touring but I never thought it would happen ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 5th November 2023, 05:04 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

Love it! Hope she does more festivals elsewhere too.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 5th November 2023, 06:19 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

This has not been confirmed yet!

Could be amazing or a car crash!! People will love her to flop!!

She will need to do a lot of work to re do her show for the pyramid stage!!

This tour also doesnt have a live band which people will have a problem with!

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 5th November 2023, 06:59 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

^ Daily Mail are usually spot on with their showbiz news.

I agree she would need to to amend her tour setlist for Glastonbury but it wouldn't be surprise me at all if she failed to read the room and chose not to. As much as I love the fact 'Bad Girl' and 'Rain' are on the tour setlist, Glastonbury want to be singing along to 'Material Girl', 'Like a Virgin', 'Express Yourself', '4 Minutes', Papa Don't Preach' etc. so she's going to have to make some compromises.

This has the potential to be a real career highlight and put a lot of good will Madonna's way in the same way it did for Kylie. I wonder if there will be a greatest hits to coincide?

+Quote this post
Rob10
post 5th November 2023, 07:49 PM
Post #6
Group icon
New Entry
User: 172,102

Kylie has always had the goodwill and was amazing at Glasto.

Unfortunately I think Madonna will be a disaster as her voice is just not good live. I have watched the new tour on Youtube and whilst the visuals and dancers are stunning, Madonna is just embarrassing for the most part. She is just not likeable and the Glasto viewers will be savage.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 5th November 2023, 09:20 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

^ Madonna has proven herself many times live!

At 65 this is obviously more challenging.
Embarrassing she def is not on the new tour!

I think if this goes ahead she will be overcome with nerves! The trolls are already out since the non official announcement.

+Quote this post
Rob10
post 5th November 2023, 10:32 PM
Post #8
Group icon
New Entry

Sorry but she can’t sing in tune very well. She was ok when she was younger.

Glasto goes out live and the general public will not be too kind towards her. Just wait and see. I think she will not benefit from Glasto whatsoever.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 6th November 2023, 12:54 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Madonna isn't completely terrible live.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 6th November 2023, 06:53 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Why the hate rolleyes.gif She wouldn't be the first artist to use backing track in Glastonbury if that happens.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 6th November 2023, 08:15 AM
Post #11
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

Emily Eavis has denied this story and said it's not true, although it doesn't mean they're all wrong. She's previously said 2024 has two female headliners and I'd expect Madonna to be the most likely of the three to be correct.

+Quote this post
Dante77
post 6th November 2023, 09:16 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 122,900

QUOTE(Rob10 @ Nov 5 2023, 07:49 PM) *
Kylie has always had the goodwill and was amazing at Glasto.

Unfortunately I think Madonna will be a disaster as her voice is just not good live. I have watched the new tour on Youtube and whilst the visuals and dancers are stunning, Madonna is just embarrassing for the most part. She is just not likeable and the Glasto viewers will be savage.

What an absolute load of tosh!! We’re talking about THE most successful female recording artist of all time AND the highest grossing female touring artist of all time. Madonna will be sensational. She was vocally very strong when I saw her at the O2 two weeks ago. Her reviews of this tour have been sensational. The last gig she did like this (Live 8 and Live Earth) she smashed.

M is not embarrassing, unless one is embarrassed by a strong powerful woman???

This post has been edited by Dante77: 6th November 2023, 04:16 PM

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 6th November 2023, 11:04 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Mansonette

Let’s not go down the route of putting Madonna vs Kylie again… both are hugely successful and deservedly so

+Quote this post
Hotlady
post 6th November 2023, 04:04 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,586

Wow that's just amazing.

+Quote this post
Rob10
post 6th November 2023, 04:49 PM
Post #15
Group icon
New Entry

I am not comparing Madonna to Kylie. I don’t need to as we all know Kylie’s voice is better live and has more range/depth whereas Madonna excels at dancing/performing.

Of course people on her current tour are enjoying the shows as they are her loyal fans. The general public do not have that same affection for her anymore. Most people think she looks dreadful, posts weird things on social media, hangs out with toy boys and generally comes across with no class or dignity. She she will be crucified. She simply does not have any like ability. The majority of people love her songs from the 80s (me included) as they are stunning but they will ridicule her when she sings songs like Bitch I’m a Madonna it is just cringeworthy.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 6th November 2023, 05:31 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Mansonette

My view is that most people who go to Glastonbury will be expecting a greatest hits set and, as long as she does that, she'll be absolutely fine. She's not as likeable as Kylie I'd agree but there are lots of people who perform at Glastonbury who aren't 'likeable' as such but go down perfectly well as long as they play the right songs. I know quite a few people (ie old school friends on social media etc) who have been to the O2 to see her and they are not 'loyal fans', they are people who liked her older material and they all without fail enjoyed the show because lots of it was nostalgic for them.

I also personally think you'll find that her fans probably find Bitch I'm Madonna more cringy than those who aren't particular fans... I don't think anyone will actively want to hear it haha!

+Quote this post
Rob10
post 6th November 2023, 05:41 PM
Post #17
Group icon
New Entry

I agree people want nostalgia and she will have to give them that to be applauded.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 6th November 2023, 08:14 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Rob10 @ Nov 6 2023, 04:49 PM) *
I am not comparing Madonna to Kylie. I don’t need to as we all know Kylie’s voice is better live and has more range/depth whereas Madonna excels at dancing/performing.

Of course people on her current tour are enjoying the shows as they are her loyal fans. The general public do not have that same affection for her anymore. Most people think she looks dreadful, posts weird things on social media, hangs out with toy boys and generally comes across with no class or dignity. She she will be crucified. She simply does not have any like ability. The majority of people love her songs from the 80s (me included) as they are stunning but they will ridicule her when she sings songs like Bitch I’m a Madonna it is just cringeworthy.

I am not comparing Madonna to Kylie , you have done it all the way through this thread !!! 🤔

Not sure public would agree Kylie’s voice is better either!

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 6th November 2023, 08:55 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Rob10 @ Nov 6 2023, 06:49 PM) *

I don't think people who judge her on social media etc will even be at Glastonbury. People are there to appreciate music and she has a brilliant career. She has over 37 million monthly listeners on Spotify and 9 tracks with over 100k daily streams there. People like her still, believe it or not.

Btw Bitch I'm Madonna is her 28th most streamed currently, above Don't Tell Me among others.

This post has been edited by Sour Candy: 6th November 2023, 08:58 PM

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 6th November 2023, 09:23 PM
Post #20
Group icon
User: 13,007

This is so exciting if true though I am nervous for her.

It's a shame the internet warriors are already at large and discrediting her, including in this thread. Let's just have a bit of compassion and respect - she has more than earned that at least?

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 06:14 AM