BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 1500 children "lost" by Trump's government, seized at the border removed from families, given away
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Popchartfreak
post May 26 2018, 04:10 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
http://time.com/5256734/government-missing-migrant-children/

I can't speak for anyone else but this sounds like kidnapping and child endangerment to me, if not actual trafficking in children. But they are largely latinos so it doesnt matter cos they are just rapists....

Twitter is going apeshit over this over why it isnt front page news as Korea will they wont they diverts attention on purpose, and Weinstein gets the tabloids plus.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post May 26 2018, 05:26 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
How do you lose 1,500 kids in your care?!?? This is an utter disgrace. Reading all the heartbreaking stories around this and seeing what trump has to say about this all you can call it is following a nazism 101 script.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post May 27 2018, 06:19 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364
A terrible situation, yes - but to suggest that Trump and/or his gov't are directly/personally responsible seems a bit OTT to me. *They* are not the abusers.

+Quote this post
Silas
post May 27 2018, 07:47 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Queen of Soon
It is quite LITERALLY trump administration policy that is causing this. They were bragging about it barely a week ago.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post May 27 2018, 09:10 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ May 27 2018, 08:47 AM) *
It is quite LITERALLY trump administration policy that is causing this. They were bragging about it barely a week ago.

They were bragging about letting children be abused?! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post May 27 2018, 11:09 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(vidcapper @ May 27 2018, 10:10 AM) *
They were bragging about letting children be abused?! ohmy.gif

They were bragging about removing children from their families and giving them away as a deterrant to stop illegal immigration. As they have no records on what happened to these children I think it's safe to assume some of them have been physically abused, and certainly the action is kidnapping and child profiteering.

Older children are being detained in military camps, away from their parents who are in prison.

These are the actions of a fascist. Not a democracy. In the UK families are detained together, and I'm forced to actually use Theresa Windrush may as an example of a right-wing racist-policy-enforcing leader of free nation who isn't anywhere near as bad as Trump.

That's how far things have deteriorated in The Land Of The Free in under 2 years. America is being reduced to a banana republic while the press get distracted by his intentionally headline-stealing antics and ignore the REAL stories that are going on. As Phil said, he's learnt the Fascist Handbook off by heart, presumably from having had Herr Hitler on his bedside table for years (according to his first wife, who he cheated on with his second wife). He certainly seems to know all the classic techniques, and was recently caught off-guard commenting on how he deals with the press to do exactly that and undermine facts and their ability to report what he does.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post May 27 2018, 02:03 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ May 27 2018, 12:09 PM) *
They were bragging about removing children from their families and giving them away as a deterrant to stop illegal immigration. As they have no records on what happened to these children I think it's safe to assume some of them have been physically abused, and certainly the action is kidnapping and child profiteering.

There's a risk of that, whenever & wherever children are taken into care for whatever reason.

I assume it has actually had no effect on illegal immigration?

Also, if America is as bad as you claim, why are people still seeking to enter it illegally in the first place?

+Quote this post
Silas
post May 27 2018, 03:58 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Queen of Soon
These people aren’t illegal. They’re walking to the border at official border points and going to the immigration officer at the border and saying “I wish to claim asylum” in full accordance with international law. The only illegal actions here is at the hands of the US government.

The US Government has admitted that some of the children they kidnaped have been handed to human trafficking gangs. Utterly f***ing barbaric. That you’re attempting to minimise and defend this makes me physically sick.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post May 27 2018, 04:07 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(vidcapper @ May 27 2018, 03:03 PM) *
There's a risk of that, whenever & wherever children are taken into care for whatever reason.

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ May 27 2018, 04:58 PM) *
These people aren’t illegal. They’re walking to the border at official border points and going to the immigration officer at the border and saying “I wish to claim asylum” in full accordance with international law.

Why didn't you say that in the first place - I would have responded very differently then!

The US Government has admitted that some of the children they kidnaped have been handed to human trafficking gangs. Utterly f***ing barbaric. That you’re attempting to minimise and defend this makes me physically sick.

I was merely stating a *fact* that children in care are more at risk from abuse - how is that defending it? unsure.gif

Also, see my above comment relating to my being unaware of certain aspects of the situation.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post May 27 2018, 05:34 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
This sounds awful, shocking and disgraceful that this has happened sad.gif

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post May 27 2018, 08:01 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(vidcapper @ May 27 2018, 03:03 PM) *

I assume it has actually had no effect on illegal immigration?

Also, if America is as bad as you claim, why are people still seeking to enter it illegally in the first place?

errr because other countries are worse. Duuuhhh!

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post May 27 2018, 08:10 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
Absolutely horrible, and of course this isn't the first time in American history that this has happened - it also happened under the Obama administration, as a 2016 investigation discovered.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post May 28 2018, 06:07 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ May 27 2018, 09:01 PM) *
errr because other countries are worse. Duuuhhh!

So they are choosing to move to a country, knowing what could happen to them there?

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ May 27 2018, 09:10 PM) *
Absolutely horrible, and of course this isn't the first time in American history that this has happened - it also happened under the Obama administration, as a 2016 investigation discovered.

Unfortunately that site objected to my adblocker, and I was not prepared to turn it off for a one-time visit.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post May 28 2018, 01:47 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(vidcapper @ May 28 2018, 07:07 AM) *
So they are choosing to move to a country, knowing what could happen to them there?
Unfortunately that site objected to my adblocker, and I was not prepared to turn it off for a one-time visit.

Why does anybody move from terrible circumstances towards one that is better?

Why do you assume that news reports on American immigration tactics of kidnapping children will make their way into news in other countries? You didn't know about it for a start, and neither does most of the British public. Can't be called a deterrent if no-one knows about it. What it is is inhuman policies just based on hate and racism. Hot models from Europe don't get arrested, they get married by Trump and get to bring the rest of their non-working dependants into the USA.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:33 AM