BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

24 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Robbie - Publications, interviews in Media/Podcasts etc, Newspapers, Magazines, Podcasts etc
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Sydney11
post 20th October 2019, 06:37 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135

Decided to open a new thread for upcoming Robbie events ...

This post has been edited by Sydney11: 19th November 2023, 09:33 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 20th October 2019, 06:41 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Stereophonics, Jeff Lynne's ELO, Craig David, Robbie Williams and Dido confirmed for BBC Radio 2 In Concert 2019 series
by George Garner
October 18th 2019 at 11:04AM

Today (October 18) BBC Radio 2 has announced the star-studded line-up for this year’s In Concert series.

The five concerts will kick off with Stereophonics (Friday Nov 1, 8pm). This will be followed by Jeff Lynne’s ELO (Thursday Nov 7, 7pm), Craig David (Thursday Nov 14, 7pm), Robbie Williams (Friday November 29, 8pm) all from the BBC Radio Theatre in London. Dido will perform the final concert of the series (Monday Dec 9, 7pm), from Maida Vale studios.

An official press release stated: “The intimate performances will be broadcast live on BBC Radio 2 as well as in vision via the BBC Red Button, to be produced by BBC Studios. The performances will also be broadcast on BBC television at a later date. All performances will be available on BBC iPlayer for thirty days after transmission.”

Ahead of each artist’s evening In Concert, Radio 2 listeners will be treated to special sound check tracks in Ken Bruce’s show (9.30am-12noon) as well as a post-show interview with the artist that evening.

Radio 2 In Concert performances from Jeff Lynne’s ELO, Craig David and Dido will be presented by Jo Whiley. Stereophonics and Robbie Williams’ performances will be presented by Fearne Cotton.

Speaking about the launch, Jeff Smith, head of musicm, BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music, said: “Following another fantastic Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park with record breaking audiences, we’re delighted to bring listeners more world class live performances when Radio 2 In Concert returns this November. Radio 2 In Concert has always delivered on variety and 2019 will be no exception. This season will see the BBC Radio Theatre play host to great guitar hits from Stereophonics, the iconic songs of Jeff Lynne’s ELO and the amazing entertainer Robbie Williams, we will also have hitmaker Craig David and best-selling singer songwriter Dido. That’s five of the best of the best UK artists - live on Radio 2 and BBC Red Button!”

Previous In Concert line-ups have featured artists including CHIC featuring Nile Rodgers, Paloma Faith, Van Morrison, Kylie Minogue, Ed Sheeran and Paul Weller.

Applications for tickets open at 8am on Friday October 18 and close at 8.30pm on Wednesday October 23. Tickets are free, and successful applicants will be selected at random once the registration period has closed.

https://www.musicweek.com/media/read/stereo...9-series/077789

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 20th October 2019, 06:42 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

You might be able to get to some of these Laura , what about the Xmas party at Wembley Arena party2.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 20th October 2019, 06:53 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams announces 'The Robbie Williams Christmas Party' Wembley tour date - tickets

Robbie Williams has announced a brand new UK tour date for this December, called The Robbie Williams Christmas Party.

The Robbie Williams Christmas Party will take place at The SSE Arena in Wembley on December 16, 2019.

The show comes after it was announced that the 45-year-old singer will release his first ever Christmas album, The Christmas Present, on November 22.

The album will feature special guest appearances from Rod Stewart, Bryan Adams, Jamie Callum and Tyson Fury.

Robbie said: "I’m beyond excited to announce my first ever Christmas album. I’ve done a lot in my career and releasing this record is another dream come true.

"Making this album has been so much fun and I can’t wait for you all to hear it."

Robbie Williams announces his first Christmas album, with Rod Stewart and Bryan Adams duets

Exclusive access to tickets will be given with album pre-orders purchased on https://www.robbiewilliams.com/

Fans who pre-order the album from the official store by 3pm on November 4 will receive access to a special ticket pre-sale for The Robbie Williams Christmas Party live show.

Tickets for The Robbie Williams Christmas Party show go on sale to the general public on Thursday November 7 at 10am.

https://www.robbiewilliams.com

The Christmas Present is Robbie’s 13th studio album and sees Robbie working once more with long-time collaborator Guy Chambers, who produced the majority of the record with Richard Flack.
https://www.smoothradio.com/artists/robbie-...as-party-album/

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 20th October 2019, 11:21 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265

QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Oct 20 2019, 07:42 AM) *
You might be able to get to some of these Laura , what about the Xmas party at Wembley Arena party2.gif

Yes hopefully I'm going to go to this Tess - I've pre-ordered the album. cool.gif

It's a small arena - where they filmed XF last year.

Considering he wasn't touring - I've been incredibly lucky seeing him this year. Possibly three times by the end of the year. Plus Soccer Aid and our theatre trip in Stratford.

I think that's more than any other year - and none of it was planned.

I feel sorry for others who have to come such a long way to see him and spend so much. I realise how lucky I am living close to London.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 22nd October 2019, 05:58 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Oct 21 2019, 12:21 AM) *
Yes hopefully I'm going to go to this Tess - I've pre-ordered the album. cool.gif

It's a small arena - where they filmed XF last year.

Considering he wasn't touring - I've been incredibly lucky seeing him this year. Possibly three times by the end of the year. Plus Soccer Aid and our theatre trip in Stratford.

I think that's more than any other year - and none of it was planned.

I feel sorry for others who have to come such a long way to see him and spend so much. I realise how lucky I am living close to London.

I am miles away from everything ( even Dublin which is the centre of the Universe it would seem sleep.gif & we are the culchies )

I would love to go Laura but I am saving to go to Australia next year & I have a couple of things going on in between including my trip to Stratford cheer.gif , It's Xmas as well so a little bit of retail therapy has to be on the cards tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 8th December 2020, 09:34 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

https://carols.nordoff-robbins.org.uk/

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 8th December 2020, 09:37 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

cool.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 8th December 2020, 09:38 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Delta Goodrem to host Christmas special on Nine

The event will feature performances from Kylie Minogue, Robbie Williams, Kelly Rowland, Pentatonix, Montaigne and Olivia Newton-John, who also joined Goodrem on the pair’s joint song, ‘Merry Christmas To You’. A number of special guests, including Hamish Blake, will also make an appearance throughout the special.

https://themusicnetwork.com/delta-goodrem-christmas-nine/

+Quote this post
Better Man
post 8th December 2020, 07:03 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,584

So fine smile.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 9th December 2020, 10:50 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 10th December 2020, 12:22 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Dec 9 2020, 10:50 PM) *

I just saw this on Twitter - great photo! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 10th December 2020, 05:53 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 11th December 2020, 12:47 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Dec 10 2020, 05:53 PM) *

Good promo for the album! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 10th June 2021, 07:33 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Is something happening at long last ohmy.gif

aydafieldwilliams

Hanging with my boo @robbiewilliams in the studio...#musicislife #loveisintheair #hugsmakeeverythingbetter AWxx

+Quote this post
Better Man
post 10th June 2021, 07:38 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,584

Finally something about music smile.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 13th June 2021, 08:18 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

The body language would be veering towards a ballad type song , is t for a new studio album unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 13th June 2021, 11:24 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Re-recording his music for the film?

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 14th June 2021, 07:44 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Jun 14 2021, 12:24 AM) *
Re-recording his music for the film?

O yes Laura, I totally forgot about that ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 27th August 2021, 05:40 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams’ ‘Life Thru A Lens’ & ‘I’ve Been Expecting You’ Set For Vinyl Debuts
Both titles have been newly mastered at Abbey Road Studios and will be pressed on 180 gram heavyweight vinyl.

Robbie Williams will be reissuing his first two multi-million selling solo albums Life Thru A Lens and I’ve Been Expecting You on vinyl for the very first time. The new versions of the two titles include a special edition white vinyl of Life Thru A Lens and aquamarine for I’ve Been Expecting You.

Set for release on 24 September, both titles have been newly mastered at Abbey Road Studios, are pressed on 180 gram heavyweight vinyl and housed in gatefold sleeves, reproducing the original distinctive artwork. Both titles will be available with download codes.

Originally released in October 1997, Life Thru A Lens was Williams debut solo album. It entered the chart at number 11 but had to wait almost six months before it reached number one. It eventually spent 147 weeks on the Top 100 and has been certified 8x Platinum by the BPI for UK sales in excess of 2 million copies. It includes the hit singles “Old Before I Die” (No. 2), “Lazy Days” (No. 8), “South Of The Border” (No. 14), “Let Me Entertain You” (No. 3) and “Angels” (No. 4), the latter his biggest selling single to date, and voted the best song of the last twenty-five years at the 2005 BRIT Awards.

Now certified 10 x Platinum by the BPI, with UK sales in excess of 2.5 million, I’ve Been Expecting You was originally released in October 1998 when it entered the chart at number one. It returned to the summit the following January and once again a month later. It includes the hit singles “Millennium” (No. 1), “No Regrets” (No. 4), “Strong” (No. 4) and “She’s The One” (No. 1). “No Regrets” features backing vocals from Pet Shop Boys’ Neil Tennant and The Divine Comedy’s Neil Hannon. In addition, the popular album track “Win Some Lose Some” includes the ‘Telephone Voice’ of All Saints’ Nicole Appleton.

Pre-order Life Thru A Lens and I’ve Been Expecting You.
httpss:// www.robbiewilliams.com
https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/robbie-...hru-lens-vinyl/

+Quote this post

24 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 07:31 AM