BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RW Album. Under The Radar Vol. 2 (2017)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Better Man
post 30th September 2017, 10:17 AM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,584

Liz, all songs you mentioned above were for the official albums.
This album is his experimental album so he can do everything he wants for this by my opinion.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post 30th September 2017, 11:56 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 25,575

I know Alex, but for me music has to be some kind of melody. It is difficult to say and explain. Iam a keen fan of good lyrics too. But there has to be a sound in my ear. Maybe that is the reason other artist I like are Coldplay and U2. As I said I also like Rudebox the song from the beginning. I like Gospel from TTC, many songs from RKTVS like Blasphemy. I also understand that Rob's personal taste is not like the one he usually publishes today. He has stuck in his rapper and hop hop taste of the nineties which is the usualtaste today. I loved the song he did wth Avicii which has a meldoy, Human by the Killers or Bonfire Heart by James blunt. Aside of this experimental song which is exactly what you say, I have the feeling Rob does not want to write this kind of songs anymore sometime.
Some Ed Sheeran songs with Rob's voice, looks and charisma and lyrics :-)
And I loved HES version one. I don't know what this says. :-)

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 30th September 2017, 11:57 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265

QUOTE(elisabeth1974 @ Sep 30 2017, 09:20 AM) *
. Well, I liked Mixed Signals :-)

Mixed Signals was never given a proper chance. Neither as a single, nor on the tour. sleep.gif

Such a waste of a good song.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 1st October 2017, 08:24 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135

I am trying to find out more about the track but cannot find anything online . Have you any more info on the track Alex unsure.gif

This post has been edited by Sydney11: 1st October 2017, 10:09 AM

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 1st October 2017, 08:39 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I am wondering if different versions of Go Mental will be released online , it has a very night club feel to it

+Quote this post
Better Man
post 1st October 2017, 09:44 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I know that it's a basic track for Go Mental

This post has been edited by Better Man: 1st October 2017, 09:44 AM

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 1st October 2017, 09:53 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Oct 1 2017, 09:24 AM) *
This is what it says about UTR2 on Robbie's website , it is what it says in the tin so no surprise that it is different . I am expecting this upcoming album to be totally based on tracks that would never be released on a commercial basis so it is not surprise to hear a song like Go Mental smile.gif

ROBBIE WILLIAMS SHOP

Under The Radar Volume 2 (Limited Edition Personalised CD)

PRE-ORDER (RELEASED NOVEMBER 2017)

The second instalment of Robbie's fan special series, Under The Radar Volume 2 is a unique collection of b-sides, demos and rarities compiled exclusively for 'the Friendlies and Mentals' of RobbieWilliams.com.
I very much like the fact that Robbie choose to share this music with us, something that we would never get to hear otherwise wink.gif , it is really a collectors item so looking forward to getting my hands on it .

I am trying to find out more about the track but cannot find anything online . Have you any more info on the track Alex unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 1st October 2017, 10:20 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Better Man @ Oct 1 2017, 10:44 AM) *
I know that it's a basic track for Go Mental

Was that track used as a sample for GM

+Quote this post
Better Man
post 1st October 2017, 12:50 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Yes

The track uses the original demo recording, which includes Big Narstie rapping alongside Robbie’s vocals. It has been produced by Stuart Price (Madonna, The Killers, Missy Elliot, Pet Shop Boys and many more) and is based on an original track written and produced by Felix Buxton of Basement Jaxx with Atlantic Horns.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 1st October 2017, 05:32 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Better Man @ Oct 1 2017, 01:50 PM) *
Yes

Thanks Alex, I get confused with who's who ....

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 1st October 2017, 05:35 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

ROBBIE WILLIAMS REVEALS BRAND NEW TRACK GO MENTAL FT. BIG NARSTIE & THE ATLANTIC HORNS

THE TRACK IS TAKEN FROM ‘UNDER THE RADAR VOLUME 2’, AN ALBUM OF UNHEARD MUSIC EXCLUSIVELY FOR FANS

Robbie Williams has today revealed ‘Go Mental ft. Big Narstie and the Atlantic Horns’ - an upbeat, brass heavy, energetic track featuring Big Narstie and the Atlantic Horns. The track is the second to be taken from fan-only album ‘Under The Radar Volume 2’. The new album contains a mixture of unreleased demos from across his unrivalled 20-year solo career.

Written during the recording sessions for Robbie’s latest number one album, ‘The Heavy Entertainment Show’, 'Go Mental’ was co-written by Robbie Williams with Stuart Price, the Atlantic Horns and Big Narstie.

Listen Here: https://RobbieWilliams.lnk.to/gomentalanimation

Robbie said:

“I loved working with Stuart Price, Big Narstie and the Atlantic Horns - it was brilliant and I’m delighted with the result”.

The track uses the original demo recording which includes Big Narstie rapping alongside Robbie’s vocals. It has been produced by Stuart Price (Madonna, The Killers, Missy Elliott, Pet Shop Boys, Everything Everything and many more) and is based on an original track written & produced by Felix Buxton of Basement Jaxx with The Atlantic Horns

‘Under The Radar Volume 2’ is available for pre-order now, exclusively on www.robbiewilliams.com/ in various formats including digital download, standard physical CD and a deluxe physical CD. ‘Under The Radar Volume 2’ is not eligible for chart entry.

www.robbiewilliams.com

Talking about charts, I read today in the paper that the U2 new single 'Your'e the best thing about Me' ( which I love by the way ) is not charting well at all https://youtu.be/nd_EYo96lmo

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 1st October 2017, 11:28 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

That's interesting that Stuart Price is Producer. I noticed his name came up in Reveal. He works with TT a lot doesn't he.

Also a member of Basement Jaxx wrote the original track. Nice to see he is still involved with them.

Tess - I guess U2 are like every other artist over 30 - streaming has crippled them.

+Quote this post
Better Man
post 2nd October 2017, 08:28 AM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Stuart Price was also a producer of Mixed Signals track and co-author of Bruce Lee and Sensitive

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 2nd October 2017, 11:10 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Better Man @ Oct 2 2017, 09:28 AM) *
Stuart Price was also a producer of Mixed Signals track and co-author of Bruce Lee and Sensitive

I had no idea he was involved in the album.

Atlantic Horns‏ @atlantichorns · 12h12 hours ago

Replying to @naworocktsie

It's not Shirley, merely an impression!

So after all that - it isn't Shirley Bassey on the song - rolleyes.gif

no wonder we thought she sounded so good - it's a singer 50 years younger. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 4th October 2017, 07:47 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Oct 3 2017, 12:10 AM) *
I had no idea he was involved in the album.
Atlantic Horns‏ @atlantichorns · 12h12 hours ago

Replying to @naworocktsie

It's not Shirley, merely an impression!
So after all that - it isn't Shirley Bassey on the song - rolleyes.gif

no wonder we thought she sounded so good - it's a singer 50 years younger. laugh.gif

Shirley impersonator ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 21st October 2017, 07:38 AM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Anyone have the list of songs that are going to be on this album , I see a few songs mentioned in Reveal

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 21st October 2017, 10:59 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Oct 21 2017, 08:38 AM) *
Anyone have the list of songs that are going to be on this album , I see a few songs mentioned in Reveal

I haven't seen anything yet Tess.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 22nd October 2017, 07:42 AM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Thanks to RobbieWillaimsFeelfineStranger I found some info on link below , some songs on the list we have not heard before so maybe they will be on the new album

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#ace/performer/ROBBIE WILLIAMS

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 22nd October 2017, 07:44 AM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie has to personally sign the special editions as far as I can remember , so that will keep him busy unless they bought a stamp unsure.gif

The album is due out next month & I see the Limited Edition is SOLD OUT

Why did they cover his bottom om the picture

https://shop.robbiewilliams.com/

This post has been edited by Sydney11: 22nd October 2017, 07:45 AM

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 25th October 2017, 03:44 AM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams’ “Go Mental” Makes Absolutely No Sense
This single is either the worst thing he's ever done or an attempt to use horns and roaring female vocals to raise us to a higher consciousness.

Some things are just too difficult to comprehend. Our brains are not cut out to adequately process such subjects—life, death, the expansive and indescribable mass of the universe—and they become consigned to the parts of our brains labelled "concepts that we must accept that we will never fully know." And that's okay. To understand your limits is, to some degree, to be human.

But there is one man who refuses to accept these limits; who pushes on, against the current of what we accept as our intellectual lot, into something further past general understanding. Arise, Robbie Williams.

Robbie is a musician whose career has erred further and further towards the unintelligible (to the ordinary human brain, at least) in recent years. It is a journey that began over a decade ago now, with 2006's single "Rudebox" (lyrics: "Up your jacksy, split your kecks / Sing a song of Semtex / Pocket full of Durex /Body full of Mandrax / Are we gonna have sex (yes)"), and which has been happening under our ignorant noses since. Until now.

Until now. With his new single "Go Mental," featuring Big Narstie, Atlantic Horns, and an anonymous female vocalist who appears not to have been named for the protection of her own reputation (hear it above), it seems very much as though Robbie Williams is trying to shake his audience into higher consciousness—like, the reason it sounds like a hypnotic chant is because it is. And the song tries to do this in a number of ways:

1) Sheer force and volume
This is an exceptionally loud song. Robbie, it seems, will get us onto his plane by literally startling us awake, via deafening horns and the loud roars of a woman's voice declaring (Robbie exists past time) "AND I LLLLLLAAAAAAV IIIIIIIIIT."

2) Universality
Robbie Williams himself is a pretty big draw, yes. He is, after all, one of the most beloved solo artists the UK has ever spawned. But to spread his message as far as it will go, he needs more. So he enlists Atlantic Horns, dressed in the music video like ushers at a particularly heavy wedding while sat on the f***ing toilet (for the BBC 2 and Chill audience), and Big Narstie, to interest the Young. It's a fascinating piece of strategy from our greatest living genius.

ADVERTISEMENT

3) The language of war
Robbie wants us to make war on our old, closed-minded way of thinking and we know this because in "Go Mental," his final call to arms, he says so:

Bang bang
I shot you dead
Pushed you down and went to bed
Bang bang
All over town
I cocked it first and then I shot you down
Bang bang
No dignity

I'll be a playful piece in your history
Bang bang
I'll get you boy
It's going to be the longest summer
The world's going crazy can't stop it
They been pulling me
Squeezing me, feeling me
And I love it
The world's in my head and it's spinning
The rhythm of life is unkind
But I keep grinning

Though it's muddled (Robbie exists past time), it's clear that here he acknowledges the difficulty of our current, unenlightened way of life, describes the weight of introducing millions to a new way of understanding existence ("the world's in my head and it's spinning") and predicts the chaos to come once we are freed. The "you" he shoots dead is simply your old, closed-minded self. He is imploring you to join him, to make the ultimate leap. To "Go Mental."

Read more: Robbie Williams – the Great British Pop Star Who Will Never Go Away

And yes, alright, you may laugh at the sight of close-ups of Robbie Williams' teeth, or of him dabbing in a Peppa Pig t-shirt emblazoned with the words DADDY PIG. To unexpanded brains, these things do indeed seem like the funniest things you will literally ever see. They may actually bring you to tears. But to experience "Go Mental" on this superficial level is to miss the depth of its philosophy, and the world-changing nature of what it can do for you. Open yourself up to it; let it wash over you, and soon, you too will join the millions awakening to a brighter, more fulfilled understanding of the world. The masses will rise, lead by a gurning Robbie Williams in a cut-off vest, and they will cry in beautiful unison: "I LLLLLLAAAAAAV IIIIIIIIIT."

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/mb3e9...hat-is-going-on

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 08:16 PM