BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
64 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The X Factor • Series 12, Rita, Grimmie, Cheryl and Simon judging
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post 16th April 2015, 09:50 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Olly *.*
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 16th April 2015, 09:50 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

Olly really wants to put this whole being a singer thing on the back burner doesn't he.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 16th April 2015, 09:51 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

I look forward to seeing Dermot on Strictly 2015.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 16th April 2015, 09:56 PM
Post #44
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

QUOTE(torresgirl @ Apr 16 2015, 10:47 PM) *
Olly "Mediorce" Murs. Oh lovely! I think I can safely say I will no longer be watching the show. What a disaster.

Says the fan of Ben "Mediocre" Haenow kink.gif

Olly and Caroline were a fantastic pairing on The Xtra Factor so I'm delighted to see them presenting the main show now!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 16th April 2015, 09:59 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

QUOTE(JoeyXCX @ Apr 16 2015, 10:56 PM) *

Tbh I'm going to have to ban you from this forum for such horrible comments against the mediocre sad.gif

+Quote this post
torresgirl
post 16th April 2015, 10:02 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 14,963

Olly and Caroline were a fantastic pairing on The Xtra Factor so I'm delighted to see them presenting the main show now!

Ben Haenow's not presenting the show but he has a much better personality than "I have a cheeky chappie act so I doesn't matter I can't sing or dance" "Murs and he can actually sing.

Glad you will enjoy it though smile.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 16th April 2015, 10:02 PM
Post #47
Group icon

QUOTE(Liаm @ Apr 16 2015, 10:59 PM) *
Tbh I'm going to have to ban you from this forum for such horrible comments against the mediocre sad.gif

!!!!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 16th April 2015, 10:04 PM
Post #48
Group icon

QUOTE(torresgirl @ Apr 16 2015, 11:02 PM) *
Ben Haenow's not presenting the show but he has a much better personality than "I have a cheeky chappie act so I doesn't matter I can't sing or dance" "Murs and he can actually sing.

Glad you will enjoy it though smile.gif

Well I guess that's all down to personal opinion really, and of course you're entitled to your own, it's just that Ben hasn't released any of his own material yet so I find it hard to rank him against someone like Olly (who, btw, I'm not a huge fan of myself when it comes to his music!). Hope that explains it heehee.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post 16th April 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Olly can't sing? :/ I guess now you're gonna say Sebastian Stan can't act sleep.gif

+Quote this post
torresgirl
post 16th April 2015, 10:12 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 14,963

QUOTE(JoeyXCX @ Apr 16 2015, 11:04 PM) *
Well I guess that's all down to personal opinion really, and of course you're entitled to your own, it's just that Ben hasn't released any of his own material yet so I find it hard to rank him against someone like Olly (who, btw, I'm not a huge fan of myself when it comes to his music!). Hope that explains it heehee.gif

Sure. I'm just a little irritated that as well as being everywhere else and pushed to the hilt (with not much talent to back it up again in imo) Olly and his irritating demeanour will now be all over the XF and will pretty much make it unwatchable for me. But hey I'll live smile.gif

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 16th April 2015, 10:20 PM
Post #51
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

QUOTE(Martyn @ Apr 16 2015, 10:50 PM) *
Olly really wants to put this whole being a singer thing on the back burner doesn't he.

What absolute balderdash! He's got more singles coming from this new album of his, he's in the middle of his third arena tour for a fourth album that's already been to #1 and sold half a million. In fact he's said at the shows this last week another album will be in the making once this tour has finished.

Are people actual idiots and have forgotten that he hosted Xtra Factor and released and toured his two albums from last alongside? Clearly.

Anyway. I am delighted with this news and choice, and I know they'll be brilliant. Carolly feels all over the shop wub.gif I loved Dermot's good luck Tweet to them 'Good luck with the old girl - the show that is, not Louis' biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 16th April 2015, 10:25 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

More than adequate replacements smile.gif

Will miss Dermot a tiny bit though...

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 16th April 2015, 10:55 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

This! And there's no denying that the viewing figures for the show were very high with these two presenting so it's a very sensible choice. I loved both of them so can't wait to see them back together again biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 16th April 2015, 11:04 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

Awful awful news.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 17th April 2015, 12:15 AM
Post #55
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I love them together, but I really don't know whether they're right for the main show? As 'Xtra Factor' hosts they were PERFECT. It's not as "serious" as the main show and provided some quality, light hearted, funny moments. So we shall see! Big fan of both of them though, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt!

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 17th April 2015, 02:47 AM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

I'm just relieved Dermot has gone, his presenting was awful!

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 17th April 2015, 10:00 AM
Post #57
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

I'm still not sure why certain people talk about the main show - or rather hosting it - as this ultra serious, hard hitting show. It's primetime light entertainment on a Saturday night for Christ's sake, not Question Time. This is a show that had Wagner playing bongos and Calvin Harris gatecrashing the stage with a pineapple on his head.

I've also a sneaking suspicion that the same critics (I won't link it here, but Google the Guardian's hideously snotty article about Olly and Caroline they published today) who are bemoaning the decision are probably the same ones who moaned about Dermot replacing Kate Thornton all those years ago.

Most of it is probably because said critics can't stand the fact Olly's enjoyed joint success in two fields of entertainment in the past (and that's not me just being biased, his two albums released whilst he did Xtra have sold 1m each here in the UK alone) - tall poppy syndrome alive and well etc.

Of course they are going to bring a different element to it - anyone who watched them on Xtra will know that - and their two series of Xtra were a lot of the time outperforming previous series because they made it into a show that wasn't just one you switched over for when things kicked off. I have a feeling they'll actually be like Ant and Dec in the first series of 'Pop Idol' and bring a bit of irreverence and wit to it. When you have a winning combination as them, it is stupid not to utilise such a rare magic.

+Quote this post
Kuki Sanban
post 17th April 2015, 10:04 AM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,317

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Apr 17 2015, 01:15 AM) *
I love them together, but I really don't know whether they're right for the main show? As 'Xtra Factor' hosts they were PERFECT. It's not as "serious" as the main show and provided some quality, light hearted, funny moments. So we shall see! Big fan of both of them though, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt!

This is exactly what I was thinking. They weren't the most organised presenters and just seemed to mess around and have a bit of a laugh (which worked perfectly on Xtra Factor) but this is a much bigger and more serious job, they won't be able to dance around and do the conga with the crew this time around so we'll have to wait and see.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 17th April 2015, 10:50 AM
Post #59
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

They were good as a pairing on the Xtra Factor, I think they needed someone else on the main show, mind you I do hate Caroline Flack, she goes on a bit and her annoying laugh. In the end the show is not about the hosts, its a music talent show, does it really matter who is going to host it. My natural instinct they should have chose Holly Willougby mind you she does front many other shows or used the host from FF, forgotten his name, Vernon something.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 17th April 2015, 10:43 PM
Post #60
Group icon
User: 13,007

IS TULISIA RETURNING?

+Quote this post

64 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread