BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Worst TV shows ever
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
April
post 23rd February 2015, 04:34 PM
Post #1
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905

As the title suggests, this thread is your new place to vent about the worst TV shows ever made. I'll start things off with...

That Puppet Game Show rotf.gif - what on earth were the BBC thinking with this. A primetime 'quiz' show presented by puppets with weird sketches in between that basically ripped off The Muppets. Really? This show might have worked in the 90s, but not now.

Don't Scare The Hare - the title of the programme suggested this would be awful and it was! Again, what were they thinking?

Harry Hill's Stars In Their Eyes - one revival too far from ITV. Awful. Awful. Awful. Whoever commissioned this should be sacked tbh.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 23rd February 2015, 04:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

QUOTE(April @ Feb 23 2015, 04:34 PM) *
Don't Scare The Hare - the title of the programme suggested this would be awful and it was! Again, what were they thinking?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO APRIL. DON'T SCARE THE HARE IS LIFE.
I loved that programme so much wub.gif

Will post some of my worst in a few minutes smile.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 23rd February 2015, 04:44 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Some of the worst:
Intruders
Downtown Abbey
Splash
Take Me Out
The Wrong Mans
Harry Hill's Stars In Their Eyes
Atlantis
Mr selfridge
Doc martin

And more I can't be bothered to remember as they were so bad

+Quote this post
April
post 23rd February 2015, 06:07 PM
Post #4
Group icon

You liked Don't Scare The Hare? ohmy.gif rotf.gif

I agree about Splash. It was basically 75 minutes of filler and 15 minutes of actual diving. Such an awful show. Plus Tom Daley was involved. puke.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 23rd February 2015, 06:12 PM
Post #5
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

QUOTE(Ultraviolence1989 @ Feb 23 2015, 04:44 PM) *
Downtown Abbey

Have to agree there! I understand it's maybe just not my cup of tea at all, but I've caught a couple of episodes here and there when there's been nothing on after something exciting on a Sunday and dear god, how people find it entertaining or 'dramatic' really is beyond me.

+Quote this post
post 23rd February 2015, 06:14 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

JOEY.

Worst spin off ever. (I know this isn't UK, but it always comes to my mind first)

Harry Hill's Stars In Their Eyes is pretty awful, though.

This post has been edited by Joe.: 23rd February 2015, 06:17 PM

+Quote this post
April
post 23rd February 2015, 06:19 PM
Post #7
Group icon

Mrs Brown's Boys is UNBELIEVABLY overrated. Catherine Tate did the foul mouthed nan thing far better.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 23rd February 2015, 06:20 PM
Post #8
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Splash is dire, how the hell can you make such a big deal along with XF style VTs of Z-listers diving off a board? It's not like it's Olympic style difficulty :/ the whole thing was just a blatant promo vehicle for Tom Daley anyway.

Born To Shine, aired a few years ago, was another one that was really bad that I had the misfortune of watching. Just didn't work at all, better best forgotten.

(I've seen like 30 seconds of Mrs Browns Boys, that was all I needed)

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: 23rd February 2015, 06:21 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 23rd February 2015, 06:26 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Splash was passable for Tom Daley in speedos (and Dan Osborne in series 2) kink.gif Seriously though it was awful! Diving just isn't something that lends itself that well to TV. Unlike say dancing or singing where you do a whole 2 or 3 minute routine, diving is obviously done in a few seconds and because of that you get barely any airtime for what the show actually is meant to be and then like an hour of inane chat.

+Quote this post
post 23rd February 2015, 06:28 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(April @ Feb 23 2015, 06:19 PM) *
Mrs Brown's Boys is UNBELIEVABLY overrated. Catherine Tate did the foul mouthed nan thing far better.

I've never actually met anyone in person who enjoys that show. Where does it get those amazing ratings from!?

+Quote this post
April
post 23rd February 2015, 06:29 PM
Post #11
Group icon

I almost forgot Loose Women! How a programme with a bunch of ageing menopausal women complaining about stuff which has nothing to with them has remained on TV for so long is beyond me.

Awful awful programme (except Jamelia who should have never lowered herself to it).

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 23rd February 2015, 06:32 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Oh god yes Loose Women drama.gif It's such a bore to watch, I avoid it like the plague if I have a day off/afternoon off!

+Quote this post
post 23rd February 2015, 06:43 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I really can't stand Jeremy Kyle. I can't even enjoy it as a guilty pleasure. I just LOATH it.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 23rd February 2015, 07:25 PM
Post #14
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

QUOTE(Joe. @ Feb 23 2015, 06:28 PM) *
I've never actually met anyone in person who enjoys that show. Where does it get those amazing ratings from!?

I have (unfortunately). Most of my best friends love it sad.gif

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 23rd February 2015, 10:27 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

Mrs Brown's Boys is a strange one. The critics all hate it. I don't like it either, but it gets very good audiences, so there are people out there who like it.

There was a programme called Revelations in the mid-90s which was hilariously bad. It was one of those programmes that was so terrible, it was worth watching laugh.gif . It was not Russell T Davies's finest hour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revelations_(1994_TV_series)

+Quote this post
Colm
post 24th February 2015, 03:23 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Yes, it's me.
User: 9,885

Two and Half Jokes

+Quote this post
m
post 24th February 2015, 04:11 PM
Post #17
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

QUOTE(Joe. @ Feb 23 2015, 06:43 PM) *
I really can't stand Jeremy Kyle. I can't even enjoy it as a guilty pleasure. I just LOATH it.

Same. Well I don't know about LOATH lol, but I just don't like it for some reason. I did enjoy Ricki Lake back in the day though!

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post 24th February 2015, 04:37 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,494

the jerimy kyle show

my problem with that show is once you've seen one, you've seen them all.

their are only so many sinarios that you can do with a show like that- who's the father, i think he cheated on me, etc etc, and the people who get on their you just think.. oh will you shut the hell up. please. we're sick of you all ready

bargain hunt and dickenson's real deal are so pointless they are hardly worth mentioning. who seriously watches stuff going up for auction or stuff being evaluated for price. people do obviously, but certainly not me.

mock the week. attempts to be funny, but it's really not.

room 101 after a while

judge judy. (uggg!)

i agree about splash

+Quote this post
Qween
post 24th February 2015, 05:04 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

QUOTE(Calum Hood @ Feb 23 2015, 06:12 PM) *
Have to agree there! I understand it's maybe just not my cup of tea at all, but I've caught a couple of episodes here and there when there's been nothing on after something exciting on a Sunday and dear god, how people find it entertaining or 'dramatic' really is beyond me.

I think if you fail to find drama in Downton then you are possibly needing to check a dictionary for what that MEANS. Not wanting to sound like a c**t, but the show basically IS drama. Every single thing is elevated to near paramount importance, be it the opening of a door at the right moment or Edith having a baby out of wedlock. Indeed that's half the reason why I stopped watching, it's no longer about the people, but rather about what the people are DOING or having done TO them for the sake of making a cheap dramatic cliffhanger or ''moment''. It's basically a very expensive, period soap at this point.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 24th February 2015, 05:08 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Mrs Browns Boys, as already mentioned, is entirely laugh free and frequently makes me want to reach into the screen and physically assault them all.

Glee, it wasn't always the worst thing ever, but basically from about episode 14 (ie. the first episodes produced after it became a smash) it went down the cheapest, most pandering, often offensive, route. Painting with the broadest of strokes and asking people to emotionally invest in caricatures. It doesn't work for long established shows and it didn't work for Glee.

Two and a Half Men, Charlie Sheen's ''thing'' was funny for all over 5 seconds. Nearly a decade later it was unspeakably awful. Thankfully it's over now.

Take Me Out, shining a spotlight on the worst of the British public and watching them actively try to outsleaze and outdo each other in terms of abysmal chat up lines, objectification, offensive humour and lazy stereotypes. All presented by a man who wouldn't know funny if it was to punch him in his stupid face.

There are so many more, but I shall keep that for another vitriol filled post.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 02:54 PM