BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
95 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Coronavirus Part III, tokyo drift
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
lotita
post Apr 3 2020, 09:32 AM
Post #1
feminist icon (she/her)
Group: Site Empress
Member No.: 21,777
   No Gallery Pics

continue your discussion
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 3 2020, 12:48 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

I'm telling my dad to stop watching news as it's affecting his well-being, I think. Comedy shows viewing preferably, or gentle tasks on the computer/youtube watching. I suggest anyone else finding it troubling in any way do the same. If watching the unfolding drama makes you feel helpless, and there's nothing you can do about it, find another focus.

I've heard from one of my friends with his mum (who suffers from dementia) in a care home. He can't go, obviously, but he's been told (and this is to a local Councillor, which he is) by the NHS that doctors will not be attending calls out to elderly care-home residents, nor admitting them to hospital. The staff has medical drugs they can choose to use to reduce pain, but that's the limit of any treatment.

We are now in a situation where people are being chosen to die to focus on others. I think I can say that Tory cuts are now provably literally killing people (which we knew anyway, but it was a trickle). These deaths won't be included in the figures I'm guessing. Priti Patel has kindly extended the visas of NHS staff who presumably were about to be booted out the country. She's all heart. Presumably all those good ol British people they are training up would have stepped in to cover for them.

If I could take any consolation from this, and I don't, it would be that the lying tosspots who promised the earth while stabbing people in the back are going to be spending the rest of their term in office trying to explain how they allowed important life-saving preparedness to wither on the vine. The rest of us can just say "herd immunity" to shut up any future PR BS they spout. They will never have an answer to that.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Apr 3 2020, 12:51 PM
Post #3
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

It really is pretty disgusting to see how other countries are pulling together to deal with this crisis while in the UK the government failed to prevent it, failed to do anything to mitigate it for the month headstart they had on Italy, and now are not even holding their hands up and saying anything about it."The science changed!"

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Apr 3 2020, 12:54 PM
Post #4
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Members
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Nice to see Boris has been keeping up with the death rates and decided to stay in isolation a week longer. At least next week, self isolation will not be an excuse.

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Apr 3 2020, 02:15 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

UK has now overtaken Spain now in daily increases and won't be long until it surpasses Italy too to only sit behind USA...

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Apr 3 2020, 03:06 PM
Post #6
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Apr 3 2020, 03:15 PM) *
UK has now overtaken Spain now in daily increases and won't be long until it surpasses Italy too to only sit behind USA...

UK, Spain, USA, all late responses. sad.gif

+Quote Post
RabbitFurCoat
post Apr 3 2020, 03:14 PM
Post #7
IncredibleSquirrel
Member No.: 118
   No Gallery Pics

It's nothing short of an utter disgrace for any developed country who were fortunate to get a later breakout to end up with steeper curves than the previous most effected countries, appalling governance completely failing to protect its citizens, surely its most basic task.

This post has been edited by RabbitFurCoat: Apr 3 2020, 03:19 PM

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Apr 3 2020, 03:17 PM
Post #8
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

With the incapable Boris Johnston as the PM in a Tory-run country who shunned the NHS, I cannot say I am surprised. Get us a leader who knows what to do. At least Nicola Sturgeon isn't tuned to the moon for Scotland.

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Apr 3 2020, 03:31 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

That news about school grading is brutal. Certainly wouldn't have benefited me as I tended to pull it out the bag in the final exams!

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Apr 3 2020, 03:42 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

The Queen will address the Nation and the Commonwealth across most channels at 8pm on Sunday in a pre-recorded broadcast.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Apr 3 2020, 03:44 PM
Post #11
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I read today that its not even that the UK doesn't have gloves, masks etc. for NHS workers. It has them in warehouses and factories in the country, it just doesn't have the supply chain correctly set up to be sending them where they're needed, or, shockingly, any kind of reserves in place IN the hospitals themselves.

So you get doctors and nurses working without masks and gloves, catching it, and getting ill and dying as a result.

And you also have doctors and nurses going home with it on their clothes because there's no washing machines in the hospitals. I used to work in a bloody music venue and even we had washing machines!

It bloody beggars belief that the Tory government for the last ten years has overseen and signed off on this state of affairs as fine - probably because to actually deal with any of this would have cost a little more MONEY and they'd rather give themselves a lofty pay rise to spaff away on privatising more services. Sickening.

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Apr 3 2020, 04:05 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(J00ps @ Apr 3 2020, 04:44 PM) *
I read today that its not even that the UK doesn't have gloves, masks etc. for NHS workers. It has them in warehouses and factories in the country, it just doesn't have the supply chain correctly set up to be sending them where they're needed, or, shockingly, any kind of reserves in place IN the hospitals themselves.

Somebody on DS said that how come supermarkets are making deliveries 24 hours a day 7 days a week now and have much more stock when the NHS can't get what they need.

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Apr 3 2020, 04:07 PM
Post #13
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

So my company closed on Tuesday but due to being agency staff we were told we were getting furlough but now they’re not so sure and we won’t find out until the end of April

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Apr 3 2020, 04:11 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(LikeLeeIs @ Apr 3 2020, 05:07 PM) *
So my company closed on Tuesday but due to being agency staff we were told we were getting furlough but now they’re not so sure and we won’t find out until the end of April

Must be awful not to know whether you'll have a job after all this or not.

+Quote Post
p a v
post Apr 3 2020, 04:14 PM
Post #15
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Apr 3 2020, 07:05 PM) *
Somebody on DS said that how come supermarkets are making deliveries 24 hours a day 7 days a week now and have much more stock when the NHS can't get what they need.

"somebody on DS", "someone I know", "this neighbour of mine", "person on a forum".

CLEARLY you want to know the same so why do you keep hiding behind other people?

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Apr 3 2020, 04:18 PM
Post #16
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

Besides, it's not like food deliveries are some unimportant part of the economy, it's how people are getting fed.

But the reason the supply chains are better for supermarkets is because they're fully funded corporate entities with a mapped out infrastructure. Perhaps if public services had been funded better before now, there would be a supply chain for the health service to match its needs.

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Apr 3 2020, 04:24 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(🍆 @ Apr 3 2020, 05:14 PM) *
"somebody on DS", "someone I know", "this neighbour of mine", "person on a forum".

CLEARLY you want to know the same so why do you keep hiding behind other people?

Oh I am sorry. What rattled your cage today? rolleyes.gif

Am sick of Boris and the Tories being blamed for the NHS not getting supplies. No-one could have predicted this would happen this year. There would still have been problems had Corbyn been PM today. It'll be sorted out.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: Apr 3 2020, 04:27 PM

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Apr 3 2020, 04:28 PM
Post #18
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Apr 3 2020, 05:24 PM) *

Am sick of Boris and the Tories being blamed for the NHS not getting supplies. No-one could have predicted this would happen this year. There would still have been problems had Corbyn been PM today. It'll be sorted out.

There would have been, and that's due to the immense DAMAGE the shitty evil tories have done to the nhs over 10 years. It needs more than a bandaid and a couple of months x

The nhs should neeever have been attacked like this. They wanted to privatise it. They were privatising it. They wanted it to fsil. This is on your beloved landed geñtry posh boys x

The only way it gets sorted out is under a Labour government, you clueless brainwashed swine!!

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Apr 3 2020, 04:32 PM
Post #19
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Apr 3 2020, 04:24 PM) *

Gurl. Boris literally saw China, SK, Japan and all of Western Europe fall victim to the virus yet NO action was taken at all as precautions. This is ALL the governments fault. They could've prevented so much.

The NHS already struggles with flu season, don't you think that'd send some signals?!

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Apr 3 2020, 04:34 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Apr 3 2020, 05:24 PM) *

Yes, because Corbyn couldn't have reversed ten years of cuts in one month. It was the Tories who decided not to buy any more ventilators despite being told there were nowhere near enough to cope with a major outbreak. It is the Tories who have dithered over ordering extra supplies of protective equipment despite companies queuing up to supply it. It is the Tories who have failed to step up testing and have lied about the numbers and the reasons for their failure.

+Quote Post

95 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:03 PM