BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Belgium · Eurovision Song Contest 2016, Laura Tesoro - What's The Pressure
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post Aug 20 2015, 05:07 PM
Post #1
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Belgium
Laura Tesoro - What's The Pressure

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Aug 20 2015, 05:08 PM
Post #2
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Just days after Belgium scored its best placing since 2003, broadcaster VRT has announced initial plans for its national selection for 2016.

Belgian entries for the Eurovision Song Contest are organised on a rotational basis, where one year Flemish broadcaster VRT is responsible followed by Francophone broadcaster RTBF the next. As RTBF organised this year's successful participation by Loïc Nottet, VRT have the honour of finding a successor for next year's contest in Sweden.

Although only a small amount of information has been released, VRT has confirmed that it would like to host a public selection centring around 5 acts in 2016. This is in contrast to RTBF who decided to choose its entry internally this year. If you are interesting in submitting an entry for next year's selection, you can apply by email: eurosong@een.be. Further details will be released in due course.

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=belg..._2016_selection

After submitting the best entry of 2015 I'm very interested in what they can come up with next year! Though with the different broadcaster perhaps we shouldn't raise our hopes

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 20 2015, 05:15 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah I'm not confident considering they are going back to a national selection, the last of which selected Axel Hirsoux. Although they selected well in 2010 and 2012 (assuming they've been alternating each year) with Tom and Iris but I remember the latter was an internal artist selection - I can't remember about Tom.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Nov 13 2015, 05:14 PM
Post #4
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

The 5 hopefuls for Eurosong 2016 will be unveiled on De Madammen this Monday between 10 and 12 CET, not sure if it's just the artists or the songs as well.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Nov 16 2015, 09:33 AM
Post #5

The Flemish broadcaster of Belgium, VRT, is responsible for selecting Belgium’s representative for the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest. The five candidates that will fight for the golden ticket to Stockholm have been revealed earlier this morning during the Peter Van de Veire Show aired on Belgian Radio MNM.

The five candidates are:

Adil Aarab (25 years old)
Amaryllis Uitterlinden (32)
Astrid Destuyver (23)
Laura Tesoro (19)
Tom Frantzis (24)

The Belgian Candidates (left to right): Adil, Amaryllis, Astrid, Laura and Tom (Photos: VRT)

The Belgian final will be held on 17 January with the results decided by a mixture of televoting and a jury made of ten experts from ten different countries. Before the final, two pre-shows will be held: On 3 January, the singers will present their singing skills, stage presence and personality, while they will sing their national final entry on 10 January. All shows will be hosted by Peter Van de Veire, who previously hosted Eurosong in 2012 and 2014.

http://esctoday.com/106766/belgium-nationa...-on-17-january/

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Dec 18 2015, 12:07 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Belgium love special guest panellists, and for the shows next month they have Alexander Rybak, Christer Bjorkman and Hadise giving their opinions. I'm assuming Ruslana wasn't available or that they feared she'd get behind another 'Mother'! heehee.gif

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Jan 3 2016, 10:22 AM
Post #7

The first show is tonight, where the 5 potential entrants will each sing a cover of a previous Eurovision song. They are 'Hold Me Now', 'Every Way That I Can', 'Düm Tek Tek', 'Euphoria' and 'Rhythm Inside'.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jan 5 2016, 08:14 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Entry descriptions and titles:

Adil Aarab – In Our Nature (Adil brings a song with a message, a (business) and beautiful pop song.)
Amaryllis Uitterlinden – Kick The Habit (An atmospheric and richly arranged pop song with a story and an addictive chorus.)
Astrid Destuyver – Everybody Aches (Astrid’s fragile voice comes fully into its own in this contemporary combination of a soul-ballad and electronics.)
Laura Tesoro – What’s The Pressure (This is Laura as we know it: energetic and driving funkpop. Coupled with a set of searing winds have to give that spark.)
Tom Frantzis – I’m Not Lost (Tom throws out all the stops with a contemporary power pop number.)

Amaryllis is the description I like most! kink.gif

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Jan 8 2016, 10:40 AM
Post #9

25-30 second snippets of each song has been released on the official Eurosong website. Of course clips are notoriously misleading so take them with a pinch of salt.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jan 10 2016, 07:44 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I'm watching this now, I missed Amaryllis' song but I loved Adil's! It doesn't really go anywhere but has that Robin Schulz chilled dance sound that I love heart.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jan 10 2016, 08:00 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Laura's song is so Fleur East but is amazing! *.* Loved her and Adil so far, I've caught up on Amaryllis and she was much weaker than those two.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jan 10 2016, 08:11 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Love the tone of Astrid's voice but her song is just too subtle for Eurovision I think. It needs time to grow and that's no good for the contest, Laura and Adil are definitely the two strongest with just Tom to go.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jan 10 2016, 08:24 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I think there's a basis of a good song for Tom but it falls a bit flat in the choruses when it should move up to a new level. Laura and Adil are my favourites and are both amazing, but I can see Tom doing very well in the voting next week. My instinct says it'll be between Tom and Laura for the victory.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Jan 10 2016, 08:26 PM
Post #14

There isn't a bad song in the Belgian selection, a couple which need reworking if they wanted to go to Eurovision. I'd like to see Laura or Adil get the ticket to Stockholm but we'll see if Tom can do enough for next week.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jan 10 2016, 08:41 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Laura won the "flash televote" that doesn't actually mean anything, but hopefully it will encourage her supporters to vote again next week knowing she's in with a chance rather than make them complacent and think she's going to win without their votes!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jan 10 2016, 10:18 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

You can see all the performances on the YouTube channel the videos below are from, but I'd be surprised if someone other than these two didn't win:

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jan 12 2016, 05:06 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Not sure if this means anything in regards to how the televote went on Sunday, but the YouTube views for each of the 5 songs on the official YouTube channel are as follows:

Laura - 87.2k views (238 likes, 78 dislikes)
Tom - 28.7k views (239 likes, 24 dislikes)
Amaryllis - 16.7k views (82 likes, 46 dislikes)
Adil - 12.7k views (105 likes, 21 dislikes)
Astrid - 12.4k views (80 likes, 24 dislikes)

I could see that being the right order of the televote, but I'm shocked at Laura's lead. I actually expect the amount of likes to be more representative with Laura and Tom neck and neck, with Adil 3rd. That's how I'd have expected the televote to have gone!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jan 14 2016, 04:53 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Okay, a few pieces of news from VRT today (and the bookies)!

We have opening odds from Betfair:

Laura - Evens
Tom - 13/8
Adil - 11/4
Astrid - 8/1
Amaryllis - 12/1

VRT have announced the 10 international juries, and (apparently) the reasons why (translated by some kind person on ESC Nation):

- Sweden (Host country)
- Hungary (This country is the best predictor of the winner. Since 2000 they statistically give the most points to the Eurovision winners)
- Ireland (country with the most victories in Eurovision history)
- The Netherlands (country that usually gives the highest score to Belgium)
- Azerbaijan (has never given any points to Belgium. has the best statistics in recent times. 5 x Top5 on 8 participations)
- United Kingdom (Since 2000 the UK has given 8 x 12 points to the Eurovision winner. No other country does better)
- Latvia (same reason as UK)
- Montenegro (has never given any points to Belgium)
- France (has given Belgium the highest number of 12 points of any country in history)
- Greece (since the semi final system, Greece never missed out on a place in the final)

VRT have also announced that the juries and the televoters will be giving 60, 70, 80, 100 and 120 points each to the 5 songs, with the top 2 progressing to a televote-only superfinal. It's not clear whether the juries will each give out 6, 7, 8, 10 and 12 and then the jury totals will be left as they are, or whether they will be converted to the 60, 70, 80, 100 and 120 system - but I assume they will be.

I'm assuming Laura and Tom will be safe bets for the superfinal unless the jury (and Christer Bjorkman) throw a spanner in the works, and the televote only should theoretically help Laura. Although she does seem to cause a more marmite reaction than Tom, so he could benefit from an anti-Laura vote in that superfinal.

I've been listening to Tom a lot this week (and Laura which goes without saying) to make sure I like it when he ends up beating my favourite (kink.gif), and I do really like it. It's a stronger verson of Ireland's entry for me, so Ireland will be hoping he doesn't win.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jan 14 2016, 07:20 PM
Post #19
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

Laura's song sounds so much like Another One Bites The Dust. They'll get dragged for that

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jan 14 2016, 07:21 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah it's definitely a cross between that and 'Sax', but hopefully the familiarity of the melodies will help get her votes! Not that 'Sax' has been a hit in Belgium yet, although apparently it is starting to take off in The Netherlands.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:35 PM