BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Beautiful Trauma Rate - Results
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
troublepink
post Nov 20 2017, 03:26 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590
Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken

Highest score: BiLLYx (10)
Lowest score: Lindsey (04)

WHCBB gets last place in the rate. Written by Pink and Michael Busbee, this song was originally wrote for 2015 movie Suffragette. “The movie is about the suffragette movement which is women’s right to vote,” P!nk said. “You have to fight for what’s rightly yours which is rights and respect and love and kindness and compassion and you have to be willing to die for it. These women were.”

----------------------------------------------------------

You Get My Love

Highest score: troublepink, all is vanity (10)
Lowest score: George.keh (2)

Probably the song which most shows off Pink's vocal talent, I really expected this to be higher.
Not exactly a protest song, but Pink is surely protesting the end of this relationship. The title of the song is repeated many times throughout the track, but its repetition emphasizes the desperation of the plea. It’s as if love is all she has to give, and in the quiet hours of the morning as her partner is waking up, she puts it all out there one last time in hopes that the moment can live on.

----------------------------------------------------------

Better Life

Highest score: BiLLYx (10)
Lowest score: George.keh, Liam (5)

Better Life sees Pink wondering if her man could be dreaming of a better life. She said in an interview that she hates to look through social media and see people brag about how good their life is, when behind the screen its just the same as everyone else's life. Better Life has an R&B sound which is a nod to the early days of her career.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Nov 20 2017, 07:20 PM
Post #2
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
No major losses so far *.* Better Life is the best of those three tbf

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Nov 20 2017, 07:57 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
Nothing major dropping out yet though I would like to have seen For Now drop out before Better Life.

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post Nov 21 2017, 05:48 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454
Disappointed that You Get My Love is out already, I love her voice on that one.

+Quote this post
Frank!
post Nov 21 2017, 02:11 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 761
Would probably be my bottom 3 as well, with Better Life at the bottom.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post Nov 21 2017, 02:46 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
But We Lost It

Highest score: Rob S (10)
Lowest score: George.keh (4)

“Still the girl that you chased all around the world/ I haven't changed, just replaced all the chains with pearls”

In the bridge, Pink sings “oh, the bone breaks/ It grows back stronger” and that’s exactly what she depicts through the past love narrative of the entire song. Pink broke through the chains that were holding her back, and replaced them with something beautiful, decorative.

---------------------------------------

I Am Here

Highest score: troublepink, Frank! (10)
Lowest score: George.keh (3)

“I've already seen the bottom, so there's nothing to fear/ I know that I'll be ready when the devil is near”

It can literally only get better from here, according to Pink. When evil comes closer, she’ll be ready to fight because she’s been there, done that, over it.

Revenge

Highest score: George.keh, troublepink, HarryEzra, T Boy (10)
Lowest score: Lindsey (2)

“He can't just get away with it, eye for eye, you piece of shit/ You treat us like a garbage pit, let me at him, wait for it, wait for it, wait for it”

Thursday night (Oct. 12) on The Tonight Show, Pink admitted to writing this song after having downed quite a bit of wine. In the second verse, Pink gathers her girlfriends to plot revenge, and in the delivery of the end of the line, “wait for it, wait for it,” switches to a sing-songy voice from her previous rapping to show that her girlfriends are holding her back from the fight.
"I reached out to him in this case," Pink said. "I love him. I've always loved him. I think he's a lyrical genius, and I just wrote him a love letter. I had written this song. I had went to the studio and drank a lot of wine, I wrote 'Revenge.'

"And then, I went home and drank more wine because that's what you do when you've already drank a lot of wine -- you think more wine is a good idea -- and I wrote him an email and I said, 'I love you. I've always loved you. I've loved you since you gave me your autograph at the 2001 MTV Music Video Awards. I love that you always work with the same people.' I just wrote this love letter, and he just wrote back, 'OK.'"
As for the song itself, Pink said, "it's a funny song. It's funny. It's fun. There's nothing serious about it. It's fun. My mom loves it. We're good."

+Quote this post
troublepink
post Nov 24 2017, 12:33 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
Barbies

Highest score: troublepink (11)
Lowest score: Lindsey (5)

The best track on the album in my opinion, and probably one of my favourite Pink songs at the moment. Pink sings about missing childhood and wishing she could lose the responsibilities of adulthood. The song reminds me a little bit of Crystal Ball at the beginning, and it was performed at the CMAs.

--------------------------------------

Whatever You Want

Highest score: Lindsey, Envoirment, T Boy (10)
Lowest score: BiLLYx, Liam (6)

The uplifting power ballad is a classic fighting-for-love song, in which she holds out in a relationship that feels doomed. “I feel like our ship's going down tonight / But it's always darkest before the light / And that's enough for me to try,” she sings.

Where We Go

Highest score: Envoirment (11)
Lowest score: BiLLYx (7)

There are so many high scores in this rate, and now the lowest score for Whatever You Want is a 7, which proves how strong this album is wub.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post Nov 28 2017, 02:44 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
Secrets

Highest score: Lindsey (11)
Lowest score: BiLLYx, troublepink, all is vanity (7)

For Now

Highest score: BiLLYx (11)
Lowest score: T Boy (6)

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Nov 29 2017, 08:07 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
Could have guessed this top 2! Hope BT gets it, I’m properly obsessed with it now!

Revenge deserved to be up there though!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Dec 2 2017, 11:21 AM
Post #10
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
I don't mind out of BT or WAU who will win, obsessed with both!

+Quote this post
troublepink
post Dec 2 2017, 01:35 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
Sorry for the lateness of the last two songs! Been really busy and haven’t been able to get in my laptop for a few days, will try tomorrow, if not then will post the winner on Monday afternoon 💕

+Quote this post
troublepink
post Dec 4 2017, 02:12 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
Beautiful Trauma

Highest score: Rob S, all is vanity, T Boy (11)
Lowest score: HarryEzra (7.5)

Just missing out on winning the rate is Beautiful Trauma, Pink's latest release from the same titled album. The music video is amazing, and I wonder if the scores would have been different had people rated now, while the song is about more etc. This is also the track which Pink performed while dancing down the side of a hotel building, while singing LIVE.

-------------------------------------

What About Us

Highest score: George.keh, Frank!, HarryEzra (11)
Lowest score: troublepink, all is vanity (8)

And the winner is...... WHAT ABOUT US! Pink's lead single from an album in five years got the top scores in our rate, with the lowest scores being an 8! If you think the original track is good, just try the acoustic version (in the video above)... its even better!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Dec 4 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #13
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Lol I can't believe I gave BT 7.5 when the rate was up I would give it a 10 now oops laugh.gif

Great winner overall cheer.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post Dec 4 2017, 02:24 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
QUOTE(MerryFlynnmas @ Dec 4 2017, 02:22 PM) *
Lol I can't believe I gave BT 7.5 when the rate was up I would give it a 10 now oops laugh.gif

Great winner overall cheer.gif

My fault for taking so long with the results laugh.gif

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Dec 10 2017, 09:41 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
Very worthy winner there, though I do prefer BT. This is definitely my album of the year!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Oct 31 2018, 12:22 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Really not how I’d have rated the album between songs 2-13 but What About Us was a worthy winner heart.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:02 PM