BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Paramore Singles Rate - Results, Continuing Earlier Than Planned!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
NellyEverySundae
post 3rd September 2015, 09:31 PM
Post #21
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675

Playing God to win please angel.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 3rd September 2015, 10:06 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

'Emergency' is their best. sad.gif How did something horribly awful like 'Brick By Boring Brick' finish above it? I can only guess a lot of people aren't that familiar with it.

'Careful' is too low as well.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 4th September 2015, 02:58 PM
Post #23
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

Been really bad with sticking to my posting plans with this but my parent's have unexpectedly decided to visit me tonight and are on their way up to my flat, I presume we will be busy later on so I'm just gonna post some results now, rather than it getting to 6pm and potentially having nothing up laugh.gif

9th. average score: 8.15

PLAYING GOD

Next in our top ten it’s Paramore’s the last single released from Brand New Eyes in November 2010. Fun fact, the car used in the video was actually Hayley’s and she’d named it Miss Anne laugh.gif

highest score from: Lotti, Iz, Nelly and Gavin (10)
lowest score from: Lee (5)

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 4th September 2015, 03:02 PM
Post #24
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

8th. average score: 8.52

CRUSHCRUSHCRUSH

Coming 8th is another single from Riot! Released in 2007 it was the 3rd single from their 2nd album and actually won a Teen Choice Award for Choice Rock Track. You can also play it on the games Rock Band,Rock Band Unplugged, Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades, and Ultimate Band, it was also partly featured in the NCIS episode “Stakeout” ohmy.gif

highest score from: Cody, Harry and Juranamo (11)
lowest score from: mr pmt (4)

7th. average score: 8.54

THAT’S WHAT YOU GET

Yet another Riot! track makes the top ten cheer.gif I think this is one of their most anthemic songs and is in my personal top five Paramore songs so I’m glad to see it not too far off that! The song was released on radio in March 2008 and elsewhere in May that year, by December it was certified gold in the U.S. It’s also on Rock Band 2 and the music video contains friends and family of the band and was filmed in their hometown Franklin, TN.

highest score from: Gage (11)
lowest score from: Ninjabait (4)

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post 4th September 2015, 03:08 PM
Post #25
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830

I'm actually surprised 'That's What You Get' beat 'crushcrushcrush''! ohmy.gif I remember on their last UK tour I was dancing to 'crushcrushcrush' - Hayley always seems to ask everyone to - and Hayley gave me the ok sign with her fingers! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 4th September 2015, 04:14 PM
Post #26
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

Me having one of the floppiest Paramore tastes sad.gif Those two songs are too low

I sang "That's What You Get" during my first play through of Rock Band 2, so much fun

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 4th September 2015, 04:16 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Break the tension

All these just remind me how both Riot and Brand New Eyes were plagued with such shoddy single choices. sad.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 4th September 2015, 04:21 PM
Post #28
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

QUOTE(ℓindsey ♫ @ Sep 4 2015, 04:02 PM) *
7th. average score: 8.54

THAT’S WHAT YOU GET

Yet another Riot! track makes the top ten cheer.gif I think this is one of their most anthemic songs and is in my personal top five Paramore songs so I’m glad to see it not too far off that!

I agree with this, wish it was in the top 5, love having a scream along to That's What You Get wub.gif

Love Playing God too, wish it was a tad higher, more subtle but just lovely.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 4th September 2015, 04:48 PM
Post #29
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

CrushCrushCrush is glorious. As is Playing God. Can never get enough of either of them, they should be far higher. <3

That's What You Get is one of the weaker ones I think, it's actually my least favourite off of the whole of Riot! sad.gif Now that doesn't mean it's bad, it's really quite good, as Riot! is one of my favourite albums ever but I was hoping it wouldn't do too well in the rest of this field.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 4th September 2015, 04:49 PM
Post #30
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

CrushCrushCrush Should be higher tbh sad.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 4th September 2015, 06:25 PM
Post #31
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

sorry for the delay guys, should be back to a continuous stream of results now! angel.gif
_______

6th. average score: 8.60

BRICK BY BORING BRICK

okay I take it back, this music video is my favourite heart.gif

Just missing out on a position in BuzzJack’s top five Paramore songs is a 2009 track from Brand New Eyes, Brick By Boring Brick! It’s been featured in The Vampire Diaries before and is considered one of the bands most successful singles in terms of Airplay. Unfortunately this was the second of the two songs that received a -1 scoring in this rate, but it impressively still positioned rather well biggrin.gif

highest score from: Dobbo (11)
lowest score from: mr pmt (-1)

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 4th September 2015, 06:31 PM
Post #32
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

5th. average score: 8.98

DECODE

“that one from Twilight” is the first to make up your our five! It was released in 2008 and is on both the Twilight soundtrack and Brand New Eyes as a bonus track. It went platinum in February 2010 and was nominated for a Grammy for Best Song Written For A Motion Picture happy.gif

highest score from: Nick and Jahq (11)
lowest score from: Dobbo (5)

4th. average score: 9.00

IGNORANCE

Possibly Paramore’s most angstiest songs comes in at number four. It was released in 2009 as the lead single of Brand New Eyes. It’s said to be about problems the bad were having around that time, from Hayley’s perspective and how she felt like they were all drifting apart (or something along those lines) and well, we know what happened December 2010 laugh.gif

highest score from: Bre (11)
lowest score from: Fgiboy (4)

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 4th September 2015, 06:34 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Decent position for Brick By Boring Brick. Hoping for a Misery Business winner out of the 3 now.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 4th September 2015, 06:35 PM
Post #34
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

3rd. average score: 9.20

STILL INTO YOU

Paramore’s big “pop track” makes the top 3! happy.gif It’s very cute and fun and Hayley wrote it for/about her fiance Chad Gilbert from New Found Glory. It’s from their self-titled 2013 album and was the 2nd single and was released in March 2014. It also went double-platinum in America! cheer.gif There’s a video of Hayley recording the vocals for this on YouTube, it’s pretty amazing.

highest score from: Lee and Ultraviolence (11)
lowest score from: Bre (6)

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 4th September 2015, 06:38 PM
Post #35
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

Yay for Decode top 5 heart.gif

Misery Business vs. Ain't It Fun? Wow, I wouldn't have expected the latter to do this well but it's pleasing at the same time. Misery Business to win though.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 4th September 2015, 06:42 PM
Post #36
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

*drum roll*

2nd. average score: 9.30

AIN’T IT FUN

Despite winning a Grammy for Best Rock Song this year, it hasn’t quite managed to win Buzzjack’s Paramore Singles rate! Yet another from ‘Paramore’ (and people claim this to be their worst album so far pffft drama.gif laugh.gif) It also went double-platinum and is Paramore’s highest peaking single in the US Billboard Hot 100. Lyrically, Hayley is basically telling herself in quite a sarcastic way to grow up and get on with life. Jeremy has a bass solo when they play this live, which is also pretty cool biggrin.gif

highest score from: Nelly, Joe, Gavin and Riser (11)
lowest score from: Iz and Bre (7.5)

which means....

1st. average score: 9.57

winner.gif MISERY BUSINESS winner.gif

and here we have it, BuzzJack’s favourite Paramore single! It is their kinda trademark song I guess so it was bound to do well! I think this was probably a lot of people’s first Paramore song, and is still just as amazing today as it was when it was released in 2007. Until Ain’t It Fun, it was Paramore’s highest performing song on the US Billboard Hot 100, and was their first UK charting single. Just this year it was certified triple-platinum, the first Paramore song to sell over 3 million copies. The title of the song was taken from a phrase heard in Stephen King’s 1990 film Misery, which is something I didn’t even know until I was looking up things about it to put on here laugh.gif

highest score from: Liam, Iz, Fgiboy, American Oxygen, Ninjabait and Soy Adrian (11)
lowest score from: Gavin (7)

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 4th September 2015, 06:49 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Break the tension

I love every song in the top 5! Can't really argue with the winner there.

+Quote this post
Ninjabait
post 4th September 2015, 07:13 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 22,088

I'm actually really satisfied with how everything ended up ranking in the end, and I'm also incredibly unsurprised. It's amazing how close some of the scores are, though! Some songs are only ahead of the one before it by like .02 points!

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 4th September 2015, 07:16 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Brilliant winner, glad to see it also did well in the ROTD comp too.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 4th September 2015, 08:57 PM
Post #40
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

That's about as excellent as I could have hoped it to go. Decode and Ain't It Fun aren't quite top 5 Paramore song-worthy for me but they're still very good. Slightly relieved Ain't It Fun didn't win though, that would have been a little bit too soon and I am mildly surprised it beat Still Into You in the end.

Ignorance & BBBB doing well is excellent, I am still addicted to how ferocious Ignorance is even to this day.

And of course, best winner, best Paramore, one of my favourite ever songs full stop. Thank you for running this Lindsey, it's been very enjoyable! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:37 AM