BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Black Magic' has become the 1st...
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Jul 24 2015, 10:05 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
...song by a girl group to get more than a single week at the number 1 spot!

By Rob Copsey
Little Mix continue to reign supreme on this week’s Official Singles Chart as Black Magic notches up a second week at Number 1.

In doing so, the quartet become the first girl group to top the charts for more than a single week in eight years; the last being Sugababes’ About You Now, which spent four weeks at the top in September/October 2007. The last all-female group to reach the summit prior to Little Mix was Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX’s I Love It, logging a single week at Number 1 in July 2013.

Watch the band reacting to their third Number 1 single below:

Meanwhile, Lost Frequencies’ former chart-topper Are You With Me climbs back up a place to Number 2. The dance track claims this week’s most streamed song, with 2.5 million streams.

Years & Years’s Shine drops a spot to Number 3 this week, and David Zowie’s House Every Weekend climbs from 5 to 4.

Rounding off this week’s Top 5 is a new entry from John Newman. The soul singer’s track Come And Get It debuts at Number 5, becoming his fifth Top 10 single.

New entries and high climbers
Calvin Harris earns his 19th Top 10 hit today with How Deep Is Your Love. The track, which is co-credited to production trio Disciples, enters at Number 7 on this week’s tally.

Further down the chart, 5 Seconds of Summer land at 18 with She’s Kinda Hot. The song becomes their fifth UK Top 20 hit and heads up their second studio album, due later this year.
From the OCC

That video of them accepting their award thing, is amazing!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 24 2015, 10:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Absolutely ecstatic for them! It looks likely to get a third week in the process of doing so, too! So thrilled that they've not only done it, but done it with a proper BANGER! *.*

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Jul 24 2015, 11:38 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
Great to see they've achieved this! Still wish something like Move did the record breaking though sob.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 31 2015, 06:41 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Officially made 3 weeks at number 1! Absolutely ecstatic for them <3

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Jul 31 2015, 06:52 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
Crazy! Am intrigued to see whether single two gets pushed back a bit as to avoid it being overshadowed.

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post Jul 31 2015, 10:00 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
User: 10,505
QUOTE(Sean. @ Jul 31 2015, 07:52 PM) *
Crazy! Am intrigued to see whether single two gets pushed back a bit as to avoid it being overshadowed.

I doubt the success of 'Black Magic' would make any difference really. The second single will probably get released a week before the album comes out.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Jul 31 2015, 10:13 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
QUOTE(OutstandingMixer @ Jul 31 2015, 11:00 PM) *
I doubt the success of 'Black Magic' would make any difference really. The second single will probably get released a week before the album comes out.

It could do - look at Ella Henderson with Ghost and Glow. Glow was completely overshadowed due to the amount of airplay Ghost had, it could be a similar situation for this?

(not trolling, I ain't no Mirror Man kink.gif)

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Aug 1 2015, 02:46 AM
Post #8
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Hoping the second single provides another "pop moment"!

Well done to them for achieving a 3 week stay at #1. Total sales stand at 238,281 (50,478 of this total is streaming data). I wonder if this will actually become their best selling single or not? Looks like another Gold certified single is definitely on the cards, but could it go Platinum eventually?

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post Aug 1 2015, 05:48 AM
Post #9
Group icon
QUOTE(Sean. @ Jul 31 2015, 11:13 PM) *
It could do - look at Ella Henderson with Ghost and Glow. Glow was completely overshadowed due to the amount of airplay Ghost had, it could be a similar situation for this?

(not trolling, I ain't no Mirror Man kink.gif)

I guess it depends how good the second single is really. I think 'Glow' was probably considered a weak follow up to 'Ghost'. The airplay for 'Black Magic' will probably have died down a bit by late October/early November anyway.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Aug 1 2015, 12:05 PM
Post #10
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
I'm sure they'll have something strong up their sleeves, I'm not expecting another #1 but I'd trust their management enough not to throw out a 'Gentleman' after this success, if you know what I mean.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Aug 1 2015, 03:35 PM
Post #11
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
I received the CD single of 'Black Magic' in the post yesterday. wub.gif

I wish they'd done a CD for all of the singles so far! Change Your Life, How Ya Doin'?, Move, Little Me & Salute were digital only.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Aug 1 2015, 09:43 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
QUOTE(Bee Jay ( :/ ) @ Aug 1 2015, 04:35 PM) *
I received the CD single of 'Black Magic' in the post yesterday. wub.gif

I wish they'd done a CD for all of the singles so far! Change Your Life, How Ya Doin'?, Move, Little Me & Salute were digital only.

Inconsistency with physical releases is a major reason why I can't 100% stan for these girls.

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post Aug 2 2015, 06:48 AM
Post #13
Group icon
QUOTE(AdamAloud @ Aug 1 2015, 10:43 PM) *
Inconsistency with physical releases is a major reason why I can't 100% stan for these girls.

That seems like a strange reason to not stan for them (even if you are a CD collector). Surely if you like them and enjoy their music, then it shouldn't matter that much really?

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:11 AM