BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> X-Men: Dark Phoenix, Release Date: 5th June 2019
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Popchartfreak
post Jun 17 2019, 05:11 PM
Post #21
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

There's only one thing wrong with this film. The script. 5/10

I rewatched X-Men Last Stand last night, another not-great end to an X-Men run that had Jean Grey going all Dark and mad, but it stood up better than I think this one will. Why did J-Law get killed off half-way through? She read the script, presumably, and used her star power to bail asap. You can tell it's written by a man - when you have female characters suddenly announcing "they've come for the girl!" rather than "they've come for Jean Grey, the world-famous woman who just saved Nasa astronauts at great personal risk and hasn't been quarantined despite a rather deadly-looking solar flare that "entered her" (the writer-director was very keen on repeating how she'd been "entered", instead of, ooh, "merged" or "charged with energy")*" I think it's safe to say there's bound to be some cliches.

Missed opportunity, and then some.

(*) OK that character had no TV, and neither did later aliens also referring to "give us the girl". In which case both descriptions are a bit vague for anyone to actually respond to. What girl? Jean Grey. Why didn't you just say Jean Grey? Stop being picky. I'm Not being picky, you left it deliberately vague, how would I know who you wanted? Look, we wanted the one with super-powers! We've all got super-powers, you need to be specific.

and so on.... tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:21 PM