BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Sweetener / Thank U, Next Tour, UK, European & North American dates announced
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
LewisGT
post Monday, 01:56 AM
Post #121
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,293
   No Gallery Pics

I had such an amazing night and thought the show was wonderful. Barring a sea of phones I could actually see everything pretty well. I thought the staging was pretty cute too kink.gif

The only real possible weakness I can point to is that Ariana is obviously not a very comfortable dancer and such if I compare the choreography tonight to the Blackpink show I saw a few months back there’s a massive notable difference in quality. However she’s such an outstanding vocalist that it doesn’t really matter.

Disappointing to hear that Breathin wasn’t one of your favourites Jonjo as it was easily the highlight of my night and the video I shared on twitter.

I’m already thinking about the next time I get to see her. I hope it’s not too far away laugh.gif

This post has been edited by LewisGT: Monday, 10:17 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post Monday, 02:48 AM
Post #122
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

I enjoyed the show! heart.gif

So many moments vocally... I think she's improved since 2017 (and she was already incredible then)! wub.gif

It was a strong set list too. Break Your Heart Right Back was a major highlight for me. wub.gif I can't fault any inclusions - even songs I'm not hugely enthused about like R.E.M. & Make Up, I actually really enjoyed hearing. Admittedly I was a little disappointed that In My Head was only a video interlude, it's low key one of my favourites from thank u, next. Also I wish she'd done full length versions of Everytime, Break Free & Into You. All 3 songs are incredible for me, but they felt way too fleeting!

I think the only song I really missed was One Last Time... but I already knew it was removed from her show a long time ago, so I was prepared for that, and I understand why it's not included. I had thought she'd do Boyfriend, given that Social House were there (right? Bal & I only arrived during Ella Mai, but Social House were another support weren't they?). I can't say I hugely missed Boyfriend because it's not a massive fave of mine, but I had thought that maybe seeing it live would potentially help it click for me.

I would probably agree that visually speaking/staging was rather minimal. The screen visuals were very pretty at times, but overall... I think there's room for improvement in future tours for her to create a show that has more of a visual impact.

When it comes to not seeing Ariana very well, I would have to echo that. A sea of arms/phones up in the air is kind of inevitable but at other shows I've been too I haven't struggled as much to peep the artist! I have a height advantage of being 6 foot 2 and yet I still struggled to see her at certain points in the show, so I can imagine anyone shorter than me or further back than me must have seen less than I did. It makes me wonder whether the staging was too low? Idk~

When I could see Ariana though, she absolutely does radiate star power. wub.gif

Overall... a great night! heart.gif

+Quote Post
LewisGT
post Monday, 11:11 AM
Post #123
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,293
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Sep 16 2019, 03:48 AM) *
I had thought she'd do Boyfriend, given that Social House were there (right? Bal & I only arrived during Ella Mai, but Social House were another support weren't they?). I can't say I hugely missed Boyfriend because it's not a massive fave of mine, but I had thought that maybe seeing it live would potentially help it click for me.

Yeah, Social House opened the show but they were only on stage for about 10 minutes. I was expecting Boyfriend after that too. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Monday, 03:14 PM
Post #124
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I enjoyed Saturday but her music isn't really my style. I hardly knew any of the songs (although there were a few which I knew, but didn't know they were hers laugh.gif ). And the one song that I did know, she didn't do, but of course I understand why.

The staging was ok but the lighting made it hard to take photos. My other criticism was that she didn't seem to interact with the crowd much, it was just song after song after song.

While I probably wouldn't go to see her again, I did enjoy the show. She is very talented and has amazing vocals and so much energy.

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Thursday, 07:03 AM
Post #125
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 8,661

Tonight! 😍

+Quote Post
Jade
post Thursday, 10:05 PM
Post #126
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Hope you had a good time Theo!

(So cool to read about all of your experiences btw guys)

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Thursday, 10:24 PM
Post #127
(-_ē)
Member No.: 5,042

Pressure is on you now *.*

+Quote Post
Theonix
post 22 hours ago
Post #128
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

The show was absolutely incredible! Obviously I knew her vox were incredible from seeing (hearing) her at Manchester Pride but I really wasn't expecting her to put on such a show staging/choreography wise. The staging for the opening with the Last Supper theme was genius and worked really well, it made me really appreciate God is a woman which I have always found to be the most overrated single of hers. The moons were obviously visually incredible too

I'm not sure what my highlight would be but I'm so glad that she performed Into You, although the crowd where I was standing were not as there for it as they were with some of the lesser known tracks, which was annoying laugh.gif

When she stopped for the crowd to cheer after Side to Side was probably my favourite moment, the love for her was absolutely amazing to witness

Finally I loved the appreciation of her LGBT fanbase during the encore! It was a really nice, simple message wub.gif Definitely one of my favourite gigs that I've been to and quite an impressive setlist overall - covering album tracks from all(?) of her albums is not something that many pop artists would be able to do

+Quote Post
Jordan Lee
post 18 hours ago
Post #129
Jordan Lee
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 27,116
   No Gallery Pics

Iím distraught I didnít go to a single show sad.gif

I really hope thereís a dvd or like a streaming of one of the shows put up on Netflix or Apple Music or something.

I just donít have any friends who Stan her and I felt scared going alone although now Iím going to see Xtina alone so in hindsight I really couldíve went alone laugh.gif

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2019 - 11:29 AM