BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Chronicles of Narnia, Netflix have the rights to the full series of books!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post 14th October 2018, 09:29 AM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

QUOTE(TV Line)
The streaming giant announced on Wednesday that under the terms of a multi-year deal with The C.S. Lewis Company, it will develop “classic stories from across the Narnia universe” into TV series and films. The deal marks the first time that rights to the entire seven books of the Narnia universe have been held by the same company.

Mark Gordon, Douglas Gresham and Vincent Sieber will serve as executive producers for the series and as producers for features.

“C.S. Lewis’ beloved Chronicles of Narnia stories have resonated with generations of readers around the world,” Netflix CCO Ted Sarandos said in a statement. “Families have fallen in love with characters like Aslan and the entire world of Narnia, and we’re thrilled to be their home for years to come.”

“It is wonderful to know that folks from all over are looking forward to seeing more of Narnia, and that the advances in production and distribution technology have made it possible for us to make Narnian adventures come to life all over the world,” said author C.S. Lewis’ stepson, Douglas Gresham. “Netflix seems to be the very best medium with which to achieve this aim, and I am looking forward to working with them towards this goal.”

The TV forum is slowly turning into the Movie forum with series being developed on the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Marvel film characters and now the Chronicles of Narnia. Although this time it's more complicated as TV series AND films are being developed on Narnia!

This is the first time a company has held all the rights to the series and so this could be the first time ALL the books are adapted in a visual form. I feel Netflix are quite loyal with adaptions and so will stick with it as long as it doesn't massively flop.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 14th October 2018, 11:23 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Ooooh nice - I used to love the BBC tv series. Be good to see the ones that have never been made either on TV or film to be made

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 14th October 2018, 11:56 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

The biggest problem is that the actors playing the children will age a lot faster than the characters in the books. It's not really possible to dramatise all the books with the same cast.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 14th October 2018, 01:39 PM
Post #4
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Well they got Series of Unfortunate Events right, so I've got faith they can do this justice too. The film series, much like Golden Compass and Series... as mentioned, didn't give it what it should've done, I feel like a TV series might be a better medium.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 16th October 2018, 09:48 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Oct 14 2018, 12:56 PM) *
The biggest problem is that the actors playing the children will age a lot faster than the characters in the books. It's not really possible to dramatise all the books with the same cast.

Really though that's probably only an issue with Edmond and Lucy as they feature in the most books and even then by the Time of the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, its pretty much stated that they wont return as they're now too old.

Otherwise The Magician's Nephew/ The Horse and the Boy feature different children and then Eustace features from VOTDT and then Jill in The Silver Chair.

I guess it depends how they do it smile.gif

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 16th October 2018, 03:09 PM
Post #6
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

I really liked the movies, so I'm excited we'll finally be able to see more. It's a shame they won't be in cinemas though.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:45 PM