BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Olivia Rodrigo • general discussion, Courtney Love accuses Olivia of plagiarism
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post 24th June 2021, 07:56 PM
Post #1
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Let’s start this general thread off with her appearance on Hot Ones cheeseblock.png

She smashed this, omg
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 29th June 2021, 09:13 AM
Post #2
Group icon

Courtney Love accused Olivia of plagiarising one of Hole's album art concepts:

Spot the difference! #twinning! 🥸@oliviarodrigo 😉👸👸

The above picture was originally posted on Olivia's socials to promote her concert film SOUR prom: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQeNxa9Ld0J/

Olivia replied to Courtney's post to say: "Love u and live through this sooooo much", and Courtney responded with: "Olivia – you’re welcome. My favorite florist is in Notting Hill, London! Dm me for deets! I look forward to reading your note!"

She went on to say in other comments:

"I’ve informed her I await her flowers [and] note. I sure hope it’s long. Does Disney teach kids reading and writing ? God knows. Let’s see.

My cover was my original idea. A thing you maybe have to actually live life to acquire ? I don’t know. Anyway. Disney ? Yes it’s rude.

It was rude of her, and Geffen not to ask myself or Ellen Von Enwerth" (the photographer who created her 1994 album artwork)

It’s happened my whole career so i.d.c (I don’t care). But manners is manners.

Stealing an original idea and not asking permission is rude. There’s no way to be elegant about it. I’m not angry. it happens all the time to me. And he really [sic] I’m very gracious or say nothing.

But this was bad form. That’s not bullying or bomb throwing. This persons [sic] music has nothing to do with my life. Possibly never will. It was rude and I gave [sic] every right to stick up for my work…"

Well... firstly, I think this prom queen look is a very standard American trope and I don't think Courtney really has the grounds to outright accuse it as a stolen look - particularly because the Hole cover was directly inspired by the film Carrie. It's really a mountain out of a molehill. Demanding flowers and a note... i-

Carrie:

Olivia is seemingly unperturbed because she posted another shot from her photoshoot yesterday kink.gif

What do you guys think?

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 30th June 2021, 09:54 AM
Post #3
Group icon

She was also accused of lifting a guitar riff from an Elvis Costello song in her song brutal, but Elvis has defended her!

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 30th June 2021, 12:00 PM
Post #4
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

The reach is true

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 30th June 2021, 12:04 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

LMAOOOOOOO

That stuff with Courtney is incredible

It's not even the same shot lmaoooooo. Think Courtney needs to be sued by the makers of Carrie if we're going that far 🥲🥲🥲

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 14th July 2021, 08:43 PM
Post #6
Group icon

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 20th September 2021, 10:56 PM
Post #7
Group icon
🙄

She performed at the Iheart radio, she really struggles with Good 4 U live, doesn’t she?

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 4th October 2021, 01:49 PM
Post #8
Group icon
🙄

I'm guessing happier will get a top 100 chart placing soon once favourite crime goes onto ACR

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 04:11 AM