BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Great British Bake Off 2019, Matt Lucas to replace Sandi Toksvig
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
dandy*
post 24th September 2019, 08:17 PM
Post #81
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I have cry!!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 24th September 2019, 08:19 PM
Post #82
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

OUTRAGE!

and for them to chuck the double on us so non-chalantly!!!

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 24th September 2019, 08:20 PM
Post #83
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

I would have sent Priya and Rosie

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 24th September 2019, 08:23 PM
Post #84
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I think it must have come down to flavour as both that went home had really bad comments around blandness or flavours not working

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 24th September 2019, 08:26 PM
Post #85
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

I'd have definitely gone for Priya! Helena I can kind of understand as she's kinda scrapped to get this far already but it shouldn't have been in the week she won the technical! Michelle is a big shock though, she's usually one of the strongest.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 24th September 2019, 08:36 PM
Post #86
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I really don't get the hate for Rosie AT ALL?! It feels a bit mean sad.gif

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 24th September 2019, 08:49 PM
Post #87
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

QUOTE(Jack @ Sep 24 2019, 09:36 PM) *

She's grown on me quite alot actually and I find her funny now. I think she did enough in the past to warrant staying.

I think Michelle deserved to go and Priya; the latter of which has had 2 shocking weeks in a row and been saved

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 24th September 2019, 10:09 PM
Post #88
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

I don't really dislike any of them this year so it's always a bit sad to see people go. This week's ideas were all amazing. If they had all worked as planned, I would have been left feeling very hungry laugh.gif Good to see Henry still doing well!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 24th September 2019, 10:14 PM
Post #89
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Gutted for Helena to go after winning the technical!

Rosie’s been more consistent pretty much every other week which is why I feel she stayed.

But Michael and Priya probably should’ve left tbh.

Or maybe even David who come last in technical.

Strange result.

Perhaps they have favourites though?

Last year Rahul won but was the worst baker for multiple weeks leading to the final (later down the line than where she show is at currently).

Maybe they let Helena go to go out on a high?

Also confused at why Michelle left too.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th September 2019, 10:41 PM
Post #90
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

God knows how they judged it, if they went off just today it probably should have been Priya and Rosie, if they went off overall I still would have gone Priya and I suppose Helena, but I don't think anyone who wish the technical should go, maybe if they did an absolutely terrible showstopper laugh.gif Either way I don't think previous weeks should come into it, on a show like it should be that they judge what's put in front of them that day/week. I feel like there's a bit too much weight on the showstopper too, at least in terms of going home, I get that it's the biggest thing they do and it's kind of make or break, but some weeks it feels like the technical and signature barely matter because htey just do whatever based on the showstopper laugh.gif

Michelle I'm totally baffled at, she's not been "in the bottom" or on the radar of being in danger really yet one slightly bland tasting showstopper and she's gone?? The only thing I can think of is they kind of made an example of her, after two technicals in a row with a less than ideal standard (moreso last week's) , they wanted to shake them up and show them that anyone could go if they don't get their act together?

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 24th September 2019, 10:56 PM
Post #91
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

I’ve never seen anyone leave yet win the technical.

Even with it being a double.

It’s a bit of a salty statement tbh but I do feel it was a bit like they didn’t think Helena was ever going to win so they let her go out on
a high. Like tbh overall she’s probably amongst the weakest but this week alone she genuinely wasn’t in my eyes someone who seemed in danger of going I’d have been less shocked at her at getting star baker!

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: 24th September 2019, 10:56 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th September 2019, 11:00 PM
Post #92
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Flora did leave having won the technical in series 6, but that was the semi final which makes much more sense, when there's only 4 it comes down to splitting hairs sometimes and iirc she didn't do great otherwise.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 25th September 2019, 07:15 PM
Post #93
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

The technical never really seems to carry much weight, and the theme for her other bakes was just getting boring - glad she went. When they said two were slipping towards the bottom I thought it was nailed on Helena and Priya - Michelle really shocked me

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 25th September 2019, 07:46 PM
Post #94
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(Jack @ Sep 24 2019, 09:36 PM) *
I actually don't mind her as much anymore, her nervous laugh is so relateable and sweet! Then her disaster with the cake on the floor and her reaction was really heartbreaking tbh. But then when she's doing good she's just as smug as Dan or Steve from a couple of years back to me. laugh.gif So I'm kinda on the fence with her.

But I'm so pissed at that result mainly coz Priya should've gone. I feel like Helena & Michelle still had a few more rounds in them and shouldn't have gone when they were at least middling on all the challenges this week (with Helena winning one). Keeping Rosie this week was not the right choice either. She completely screwed up on the signature. Had a just as bad and disastrous technical with an ok-good showstopper..

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 25th September 2019, 08:59 PM
Post #95
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

They might as well just ditch the technical challenge for all the worth it carries, I can see how the other challenges matter more as they show creativity, but to disregard it completely when it's meant to be based on all three is just false. I assume they were getting bored of Helena's gothic theme and they just wanted to get rid of her as she'll never win, but that felt really unfair. It seemed very close which is a good thing, but Rosie was surely a better choice given she was lacklustre throughout. Michelle I kind of saw coming as she didn't get any great comments.

I guess Henry will take the mantle as my favourite now, but honestly I don't feel strongly about any of them, they're all technically good of course, but none of them really have a distinctive or memorable style (or personality I must say, as lovely as they all seem)

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 25th September 2019, 10:01 PM
Post #96
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

The last two technicals seem to have been pretty difficult, last week particularly so. If there isn't much to separate them (as was the case last week when they ranged between decidedly poor and terrible) then it isn't going to carry much weight.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 26th September 2019, 10:49 AM
Post #97
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

- Let me get the fly off you
- They come to me cause I'm dead

i'm just gonna leave it here so that everyone gets reminded what a bland bunch of bakers has remained both bakes and personality-wise. Such a dip in quality compared to last year.

WHERE ARE ALL THE NADIYAS AT?! I recently rewatched her season and got reminded why she remains by far the best of all time. So likeable and memeable yet still extremely graceful and fierce plus of course her bakes seemed most extraordinary from this side of the screen.

Also LET'S DO A GBBO CONTESTANT RATE!

+Quote this post
p a v
post 26th September 2019, 10:50 AM
Post #98
Group icon

oh and this week's theme was a bit weird, i hope they don't do such unambiguous weeks moving forward

+Quote this post
p a v
post 26th September 2019, 10:55 AM
Post #99
Group icon

i sometimes watch GBBO using VPN connecting to the US on Netflix and they dub it as "The Great British Baking Show" apparently due to some other "Bake Off" named show. Interestingly Sandi and Noel also have to do another take to pronounce it like that for the American version.

come on british bake off invasion!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 26th September 2019, 09:35 PM
Post #100
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

i-!