BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Why weren't you a single, For both Kylie and Dannii
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Nina West
post Jan 26 2015, 02:19 PM
Post #1
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
Seems as though most of the other threads got one, I just thought that it would be nice to have one for Kylie and Dannii, even though there have been similar threads like this before, I just thought it would be nice to refresh memories.

Kylie Minogue

Thought that I'd start with Kylie first, as she's had many albums and loads of potential hits through the years and just thought I'd go through each era.

Kylie
Firstly there's not much I would change about this as the run of the singles for the UK market was perfect. But for the American market I would have put out "Turn It Into Love" as a single over there instead of "It's No Secret", don't get me wrong I do like "INS", but "TINL" would have been a much better option. But still would have had the latter released for the International markets instead, and plus it would have been nice for TINL to have a music video.

Enjoy Yourself
Again a perfect run, but it would been nice for "Enjoy Yourself" to have been released alongside "Tears On My Pillow" as a double a-side, now that would have ended the era with a bang.

Rhythm Of Love
Nothing I would change at all, just perfect.

Let's Get To It
The only thing I would have changed is the lead single "Word Is Out", honestly I think that "Right Here Right Now" would have been a much better choice.

Kylie Minogue
"If I Was Your Lover" would have been a great 3rd single, and then followed by "Automatic Love" or "Time Will Pass You By", so many missed opportunities.

Impossible Princess
I don't think it would have made any differences for Kylie during this era, but it would have been nice if "Cowboy Style" would have been given a proper release, along with a music video as well as "Limbo" and the bonus track "Tears".

Light Years
I know I sound like a broken record with this but "Your Disco Needs You" released as a double a-side alongside "Please Stay" for the UK x-mas market would have been amazing and would have definitely done better. Then for a final possible 5th single release "So Now Goodbye" or even "Butterfly" would have been perfect.

Fever
The first 3 singles were perfect, but for the 4th single "Fever" would have been great or other possible choices "Love Affair" or "Tightrope".

Body Language
Instead of Chocolate, she could have released "Secret (Take You Home)" and then had "Loving Days" as the final single.

Ultimate Kylie
Instead of "Giving You Up", release "Made Of Glass" instead.

X
"Like A Drug", "White Diamond", "Speakerphone" each had great potential.

Aphrodite
Instead of "Better Than Today", release "Closer" or "Aphrodite", then for the 4th single "Cupid Boy" or even "Looking For An Angel".

Kiss Me Once
So many missed opportunities, "Les Sex", "Sexy Love" or even "Sleeping With The Enemy"

Dannii

To be honest I've never listened to her first 2 albums. But on "Girl", "Heaven Can Wait" would have been better than "Everything I Wanted", or even as the 4th single instead of "Coconut". The Neon Nights era was perfect but it would have been nice for a 5th single to be released namely "It Won't Work Out", "On The Loop" or even "Creep". "Love Fight" from Hits and Beyond, would have been a great choice better than "I Can't Sleep At Night"
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Calum
post Jan 26 2015, 05:42 PM
Post #2
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316
QUOTE(Acidburn @ Jan 26 2015, 02:19 PM) *
Ultimate Kylie
Instead of "Giving You Up", release "Made Of Glass" instead.

No.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jan 26 2015, 06:06 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
QUOTE(Calum Hood @ Jan 26 2015, 05:42 PM) *
No.

Agreed. I don't really get the love for 'Made of Glass'; I much prefer 'Giving You Up' and I'm glad that was a single and made the album over it.

I'm actually happy with the single choices from X. Perhaps instead of pushing 'All I See' in North America, she could have released another worldwide single - 'Like a Drug' maybe, although even with that I'm fine with it just remaining a great album track.

I'd rather 'Cupid Boy' or 'Aphrodite' over 'Better Than Today' but the decision to release the latter made me really get into it so it's not all bad. 'Your Disco Needs You' is probably Kylie's biggest missed opportunity. Personally, I'd have loved Impossible Princess' 'I Don't Need Anyone' to have been released but it wouldn't have done any better than the other singles so there would be no point really.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jan 26 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'Made Of Glass' is definitely one of her best for me, possibly in my top 10 but I like 'Giving You Up' pretty much the same.

I do agree with 'If I Was Your Lover' (or 'Automatic Love', or 'Dangerous Game') instead of 'Where Is The Feeling' for KM94.

Body Language:

'Secret (Take You Home)' was a big missed opportunity for me. I'll never get over it. sad.gif

X:

'Like A Drug' as a single instead of '2 Hearts', but not the lead single.

Aphrodite:

The title track instead of 'Better Than Today'.

Kiss Me Once:

'Sexy Love' as the second single (not that it would have done bugger all anyway...)

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jan 27 2015, 12:15 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Made Of Glass should have at least been on Ultimate Kylie as an extra new track.

Your Disco Needs You should have got a proper push over Please Stay.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jan 27 2015, 12:58 AM
Post #6
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Aphrodite

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Jan 27 2015, 11:35 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
Dangerous Game should have been a single from the first Decon album.

Like a drug would also have been a great single from X.

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post Jan 27 2015, 11:48 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822
Kylie Minogue
Dangerous should've been single instead of "Where is the feeling"

Impossible Princess
Limbo would make a great single.

Light Years
For me the single run is as good as it gets. Your disco needs you may only appeal to a niche fan base.

Fever
Perfect single-run. She has two perfect single-runs in her career, the other one being ROL as you said.

Body Language
Secret (Take you home) should've been the second single to carry a more consistent from Slow. RBW could then become the third single.

Ultimate Kylie
"Made of glass" should've been on the re-release version at least!!

X
"The one" should've been pushed properly. mad.gif "Magnetic Electric" should've been the second single instead of "Wow" which shouldn't have been released.

Aphrodite
My single run would've been: ATL, Cupid Boy, Get outta my way, then "Can't beat the feeling".

Kiss Me Once
Mr. President should've been pushed as the second single looking at the EDM-pop dance trend.

This post has been edited by Red Blooded Man: Jan 27 2015, 11:50 AM

+Quote this post
Doug
post Jan 29 2015, 12:09 AM
Post #9
Group icon
I can't help that I need it all...
User: 9,410
'stars' should have been a single for the 'X' era, and '2 hearts' should not, with 'in my arms' being the lead single and 'the one' getting the proper push that it deserved.
'too much' should have been released instead of 'better than today', I remember being so annoyed when it wasn't made a single, it's a lot like 'we found love' which wasn't even around until a year later!

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post Apr 9 2015, 03:57 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421
Disco Down
Fever
Your Love
Lovin' Days
Secret
Stars
Speakerphone

This post has been edited by Euphorique: Apr 9 2015, 04:06 PM

+Quote this post
Hide&Seek
post Jun 28 2017, 11:56 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 3,500
Kylie
Turn It Into Love
Look My Way

Enjoy Yourself
Enjoy Yourself / I'm Over Dreaming Over You

Rhythm of Love
I wanted more singles from this one !!
The World Still Turns / Rhythm of Love
Things Can Only Get Better

Let's Get To It
I don't mind that there weren't more singles from this one. Maybe a toss up between Right Here Right Now/Too Much of a Good Thing, both more instant than Word is Out

Greatest Hits
Where In The World - remains my all time fav Kylie song !

Kylie Minogue
Time Will Pass You By - instead of Where Is The Feeling

Impossible Princess
I Don't Need Anyone - best song on there !

Light Years
Your Disco Needs You - instead of Please Stay

Fever
Feels So Good (had it been on there)
Fever - instead of Come Into My World

Body Language
Secret (Take You Home)

X
I don't really listen to this one, and can't really remember the non singles

Aphrodite
Aphrodite/ Too Much

Kiss Me Once
Mr President

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dannii

Love And Kisses
The album tracks aren't very good, so they got the single choices just right.

Get Into You
I think they got the singles right on this one too, though the album tracks are better than her first album.

Girl
It's Amazing/Heaven Can Wait

Neon Nights
No 'shoulda been singles' here.

Hits & Beyond
Love Fight

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:56 PM