BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Official Stats of the Buzzjack Song Contest, **Updated - 24/04/17** I-XCIV
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
gooddelta
post Aug 10 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #41
Hello?
Group: Members
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Ghosthunter @ Aug 10 2011, 02:35 PM) *
I find it really interesting to see how much some entries fluctuate between the final and semi finals. I am really surprised at the level of improvement and regression in some entries as one would expect songs to maintain a similar pattern in results during the whole contest.

It does prove the 'wrong semi' argument though.

Clearly the majority of Yellow's fans for example were in Semi 1 because it struggled to get out of Semi 2 until the final 5 or 6 votes came in. Imagine if five of the non-voters for the song from Semi 1 were in Semi 2 instead of those last five voters and it would have DNQ'd quite conclusively, even though overall it was a very popular song.

I guess that's the risk of semis not necessarily always meaning that the 28 most popular tracks get through to the final! Looking at some of the contests from the 'one big final' era, I highly doubt that some of those that came top 25, even top 20 in that format would have even made it out of the semis if they were in with the wrong people!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 10 2011, 01:48 PM
Post #42
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Ghosthunter @ Aug 10 2011, 02:35 PM) *
I find it really interesting to see how much some entries fluctuate between the final and semi finals. I am really surprised at the level of improvement and regression in some entries as one would expect songs to maintain a similar pattern in results during the whole contest.
Thanks for the offer! I'll try and get it done myself so I have a full record of my own, but if I need any help I'll give you a shout! smile.gif

No problem biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 10 2011, 02:07 PM
Post #43
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I won't do anymore, but I just thought you'd find it interesting gooddelta that your win in BJSC 35, you were expected to come 9th according to your semi result. And Ashton should have won, but came 5th smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ghosty.
post Aug 10 2011, 02:26 PM
Post #44
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,886
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(RC741 @ Aug 10 2011, 03:07 PM) *
I won't do anymore, but I just thought you'd find it interesting gooddelta that your win in BJSC 35, you were expected to come 9th according to your semi result. And Ashton should have won, but came 5th smile.gif

I've just finished that one and got the same results, so at least I'm not going wrong kink.gif . The deviation between the semis and the final in XXXV was huge. So many entries did well in the semis and failed massively in the final, and vice versa. Allecian came off worse finishing 15 places lower than expected and Vojvodina did best finishing 17 places higher than the semi final score suggested!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 10 2011, 02:38 PM
Post #45
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Ghosthunter @ Aug 10 2011, 03:26 PM) *
I've just finished that one and got the same results, so at least I'm not going wrong kink.gif . The deviation between the semis and the final in XXXV was huge. So many entries did well in the semis and failed massively in the final, and vice versa. Allecian came off worse finishing 15 places lower than expected and Vojvodina did best finishing 17 places higher than the semi final score suggested!

Yep, I got that too. The differences were so much bigger in that one that BJSC 36 - it is very interesting indeed. I might do some more just for personal interest and I'll learn about previous BJSCs too smile.gif

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Aug 10 2011, 02:53 PM
Post #46
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Ghosthunter @ Aug 10 2011, 03:26 PM) *

It's a wonder that we didn't have a load of unjust DNQ's in XXXV with this in mind! Clearly the biggest fans of most of the songs were in the opposite semi ohmy.gif

I always think it must come as a shock to the host when a song that didn't reach the top five in the semi goes on to win the final! It was obvious to me that either Espen or Isconia were going to win XXXVI based on the semi results, I don't think I've ever actually seen such conclusive leaders in a semi before, especially considering how strong it was overall!

+Quote Post
p a v
post Aug 10 2011, 03:07 PM
Post #47
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

New things being invented, when I thought it was impossible to do anything more to show results from other sides laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ghosty.
post Aug 10 2011, 03:07 PM
Post #48
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Aug 10 2011, 03:53 PM) *
It's a wonder that we didn't have a load of unjust DNQ's in XXXV with this in mind! Clearly the biggest fans of most of the songs were in the opposite semi ohmy.gif

I always think it must come as a shock to the host when a song that didn't reach the top five in the semi goes on to win the final! It was obvious to me that either Espen or Isconia were going to win XXXVI based on the semi results, I don't think I've ever actually seen such conclusive leaders in a semi before, especially considering how strong it was overall!

Two words. Ane Brun sleep.gif

kink.gif

Espen and Isconia were definite front runners in XXXVI. Going into the final in XXXV however, Ashton had a 10% lead on it's nearest competitor in the semis, and Chart Music (deservedly, imo) came from nowhere to win. The difference between Espen and Isconia in the semis in the last contest was just under 2%.

And what is even more bizarre is the result from XXXIV where Kylienips, who won their semi, had the biggest regression finishing 12 places down the final leaderboard than expected!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 10 2011, 03:17 PM
Post #49
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Just a quick question, but how are you going to work out the facts from contests when some countries pre-qualified for the final - I'm probably missing something completely obvious here tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ghosty.
post Aug 10 2011, 03:28 PM
Post #50
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(RC741 @ Aug 10 2011, 04:17 PM) *
Just a quick question, but how are you going to work out the facts from contests when some countries pre-qualified for the final - I'm probably missing something completely obvious here tongue.gif

I'll probably convert the percentages back into points and then slot the pre-qualified countries in around them, hopefully that will work. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it tongue.gif heehee.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 10 2011, 03:38 PM
Post #51
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Ghosthunter @ Aug 10 2011, 04:28 PM) *
I'll probably convert the percentages back into points and then slot the pre-qualified countries in around them, hopefully that will work. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it tongue.gif heehee.gif

Lol biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 14 2011, 12:15 PM
Post #52
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I was interested in the amount of entries that each contest has had, so I worked it out. Here they are in case anyone else is interested as I couldn't find them posted anywhere else: smile.gif

I - 24
II - 34
III - 26
IV - 20
V - 27
VI - 29
VII - 41
VIII - 37
IX - 44
X - 43
XI - 43
XII - 46
XIII - 44
XIV - 47
XV - 51
XVI - 51
XVII - 49
XVIII - 49
XIX - 50
XX - 54
XXI - 53
XXII - 46
XXIII - 44
XXIV - 44
XXV - 40
XXVI - 48
XXVII - 49
XXVIII - 39
XXIX - 36
XXX - 30
XXXI - 35
XXXII - 34
XXXIII - 42
XXXIV - 40
XXXV - 46
XXXVI - 48
XXXVII (Confirmation open now)

So the record entries was 54 in BJSC 20, and the lowest was 20 entries in BJSC 4 - but if the amount of entries keep increasing at the rate they are now, you never know we might be able to break that record of 54 biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Silas
post Aug 19 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #53
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

QUOTE(RC741 @ Aug 10 2011, 03:07 PM) *

And we were winning for at least half of the bast*rd results. mad.gif

#notbitteratall.

+Quote Post
Ghosty.
post Sep 22 2011, 06:43 PM
Post #54
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Updated to include results for XXXVII.

Not many notable changes this time. Farahtyn claim victory for the first time, whilst new peaks are obtained by Caerfyrddia (7th) and debuting nations Usfland (18th), Ramrynia (22nd), Daehun (SF16th), Séyetana (SF17th) and Avalonia (23rd).

FSR Rontvia now hold the record for current unbroken string of appearances in the final after Torchwood sat out the last edition. This record currently stands at 25 appearances.

New sections

4 new sections have been added regarding improvement and regression in results from Semi Final to Final. These sections can be found at the end of the first post, just above the information about Most Used Artists.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 26 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #55
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Ghosthunter @ Sep 22 2011, 07:43 PM) *
FSR Rontvia now hold the record for current unbroken string of appearances in the final after Torchwood sat out the last edition. This record currently stands at 25 appearances.

biggrin.gif

I'll take another record, even if it is pretty much by default!

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 26 2011, 11:06 PM
Post #56
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Ghosthunter @ Feb 24 2011, 12:23 AM) *
Highest Scoring Song:

FSR Rontvia - Sheelah - Psycho (297pts)

Most Successful Songs (based on percentage of possible points they could have scored from other countries):

01. FSR Rontvia - Sheelah - The Last Time - 49% (BJSC XXXI)

Highest Final Points achieved (XXVI-XXXI):

01 297 FSR Rontvia - Sheelah - Psycho (BJSC XXVI - 1st)
02 282 FSR Rontvia - Sheelah - The Last Time (BJSC XXXI - 1st)

A very interesting few stats there, R.I.P. Sheelah sad.gif So glad The Last Time overtook the hyped to hell and not at all a BJSC discovery for most Hollywood and Silly Boy to get that 'most successful song' record wub.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Nov 4 2011, 10:19 PM
Post #57
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks for updating it, very interesting as always! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ghosty.
post Nov 5 2011, 06:32 PM
Post #58
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah, the stats thread was updated a few days ago, here are the notable changes after BJSC 38:

- FYR Vojvodina is now the sole record holder for current unbroken string of appearances in the final without ever failing to qualify, with 6 appearances.
- Quintessa equal Palmyra's record for most consecutive DNQ's from debut, with 6 in a row (Very undeserved imo, Like A Stranger is fantastic!)
- Mezidinia join 10 other countries in the worst debut category, after placing last in the semi final.
- Sober has become the sixth most successful entry to date, and is the 4th most successful in the semi final era.
- Daehun equal Hendinia's record for best improvement from semi final to final, finishing 20 places higher in the final than expected.
- Usfland had the worst regression in BJSC 38, finishing 13 places lower than expected - this isn't a new record though.
- Velvet enters the most used artists category after her fifth appearance.

New personal best positions achieved/equalled by the following:

Kopečka - 1st (equalling PB)
Juranabaijan - 5th
St. Joliver - 6th
Daehun - 7th
Budtar - 8th
Avalonia - 20th
Séyetana - 22nd
Fanadminaj - 29th
Mezidinia - SF23rd (Debuting)

+Quote Post
Qween
post Nov 5 2011, 06:34 PM
Post #59
Schlagerdrottningen
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

YAY a record, even if it isn't an important one I'll take it and be happy.

+Quote Post
Ghosty.
post Nov 5 2011, 06:36 PM
Post #60
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Well in a way it is important, Quotosibb managed to hold it for 27 appearances, and Numayania managed it for 20, so it'll be interesting to see if you can top that!

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:23 PM