BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

28 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Marry the Night' • 5th Single Thread, Released 15th November 2011
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
artpopchris
post 11th September 2011, 12:54 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,054

The new fan favourite seems to be 'Bloody Mary', so I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being the single. Though I hope it doesn't.

SCHEIßE or MARRY THE NIGHT PLEASE.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
▲▲▲
post 11th September 2011, 01:08 PM
Post #22
Group icon
INVITE ME TO YOUR SYNAGOGUE
User: 155

The production on 'Bloody Mary' still blows my mind but anything other than 'Marry the Night' or 'Scheiße' would be a mistake.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th September 2011, 01:11 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I do absolutely LOVE Bloody Mary but it will literally kill the era and leave no other option than re-release if she chose anything other than Scheisse, Marry The Night or maybe Americano.

+Quote this post
MANIAC
post 11th September 2011, 02:14 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Light a fire, a flame in my heart.
User: 13,549

Bloody Mary is my favorite album track, but it needs to be kept that way. Radio wouldn't even touch it.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 15th September 2011, 01:55 AM
Post #25
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

'Hair', 'Marry the Night' or 'Scheiße' would be the best bet to be the next single, imo. She'll need one of those to help the UK get back on track with her after Y&I will probably flop...

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 15th September 2011, 08:26 AM
Post #26
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946

It's REALLY good, clearly laugh.gif

Anyway I don't mind Bloody Mary and I think it could do well on the radio over here but not so much in the States. I still don't get why she didn't release Americano in summer when she had the chance. Scheiße is overrated, that's not a radio song.

+Quote this post
Parallel Reality
post 15th September 2011, 11:03 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,492

I really don't think Sheiße will do very well here or in the US. I even think Americano would do better than it in Europe (but that's a summer song.) It's not something radio would play and I'm not so sure many people from the UK will "get" it.

I'm now thinking the only thing that'll save the era will be Marry The Night. It's a safe catchy pop song which radio will no doubt play, and I can imagine people buying it (compared to You & I!) It is now quite important she gets the fifth single right as this will either put the era back on track, or finish it in the UK.

You & I shouldn't have ever been a fourth single. I would have released Edge of Glory OR You & I for a second single (before the release of the album). For the third single I would have either released Americano, Marry The Night or Judas etc etc...

All the singles are great in their own way, but the public don't initially see that. She needs something instant and big sounding now... That's why I'm voting Marry The Night.

Of course I bet the release will be Black Jesus or something now laugh.gif

This post has been edited by cookie_monster: 15th September 2011, 11:04 AM

+Quote this post
Oricon
post 15th September 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #28
Group icon
bye dinner
User: 12,972

Hair or Marry The Night is most radio friendly without a doubt, the rest of the album is just too dark for the public to get with the exception of Highway Unicorn which I doubt would ever be a single.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 16th September 2011, 06:31 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

QUOTE(Oricon @ Sep 15 2011, 11:15 PM) *
Hair or Marry The Night is most radio friendly without a doubt, the rest of the album is just too dark for the public to get with the exception of Highway Unicorn which I doubt would ever be a single.

This biggrin.gif Plus Hair and MTN are also the best imo biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post 16th September 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Releasing Hair would be totally pointless, it didn't set the charts alight when it was a promo single and it won't do it as a proper single either.

+Quote this post
artpopchris
post 17th September 2011, 11:38 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

'Hair' (along with 'The Queen') is the worst track on the album. I even prefer 'Black Jesus' and 'FOHL' to it. God help us if she releases 'Hair'.

'Bloody Mary', 'MTN' or 'Scheiße' for the next single, with an X Factor performance of the chosen one when she's back here in November please.

+Quote this post
Oricon
post 17th September 2011, 12:39 PM
Post #32
Group icon
bye dinner

There is NO way Bloody Mary would fare well as a single... I don't know why people say it will do good in Europe and not the US, it will do another Judas and worse because of the songs relation to the church bells and not the mention the title is 10x more offensive to Christianity compared to Judas....

I want Scheisse biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post 17th September 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Raining Shitter

You talk about Bloody Mary being offensive yet think a song with a swear word as a title wouldn't be?

+Quote this post
Oricon
post 17th September 2011, 01:39 PM
Post #34
Group icon
bye dinner

QUOTE(Regina @ Sep 17 2011, 01:44 PM) *
You talk about Bloody Mary being offensive yet think a song with a swear word as a title wouldn't be?

The public is more tolerate of swear words than offending a religion tbh.... And most people wouldn't know what it means anyways tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Oricon: 17th September 2011, 01:39 PM

+Quote this post
artpopchris
post 17th September 2011, 01:49 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I knew what it meant, and I'm not German.

The week of the album release when this charted, Reggie Yates wasn't even allowed to say the title on Radio 1. Radio wouldn't be able to play the track unless they make a different edit named 'Be Mine' or something, it'd just be 3 minutes of silence though as she says 'Scheiße' pretty much throughout. 'Bloody Mary' would be more radio friendly, though I think 'Scheiße would perform better worldwide depending on how well its received on radio. However, with an X Fator performance, either would do reasonably well in the UK.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 17th September 2011, 08:37 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I would like it to be Scheisse but the inevitable censoring to something like Be Mine will just murder the whole song. Thus it has to be Marry The Night, to save the era.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 18th September 2011, 11:35 AM
Post #37
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(Regina @ Sep 16 2011, 07:37 PM) *
Releasing Hair would be totally pointless, it didn't set the charts alight when it was a promo single and it won't do it as a proper single either.
It wasn't meant to though? It was used to promote the album and give fans a taste of the album. TEoG's success was just because it was the first album preview thing and there was hype surrounding the fact that she was to release a taster of the album. So she would have been foolish not to capitalise on TEoG's success.

If 'Hair' was released as a proper single, with major promotion and video etc... then I'm pretty sure it'd do just as well (if not better) than 'Judas' at least...

+Quote this post
artpopchris
post 18th September 2011, 01:33 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Just looking through Tumblr, and some people seem to think that the fifth single IS 'Bloody Mary', with someone claiming a radio station has confirmed a October/November release.

Wikipedia seem to think that is the case also.

Can't find any OFFICIAL confirmation as of yet.

I'd be pleased with 'Bloody Mary', very fitting with a winter release, then an upbeat banger to start the new year, a la Scheiße.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 18th September 2011, 02:00 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Raining Shitter

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Sep 18 2011, 12:35 PM) *
It wasn't meant to though? It was used to promote the album and give fans a taste of the album. TEoG's success was just because it was the first album preview thing and there was hype surrounding the fact that she was to release a taster of the album. So she would have been foolish not to capitalise on TEoG's success.

If 'Hair' was released as a proper single, with major promotion and video etc... then I'm pretty sure it'd do just as well (if not better) than 'Judas' at least...

I know but it didn't really get a whole load of praise etc, so I don't think it would do so well in the charts. I'd rather have a song that is more 'fresh' i.e a plain album track.
I'm not making any sense drama.gif but I know what I mean.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 18th September 2011, 02:04 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Well it won't do fantastically well but it's something unique and will show YET ANOTHER side to her. Plus I LOVE it.

+Quote this post

28 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 15th June 2024, 06:48 PM