BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Robot Wars, RIP AGAIN
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Martyn
post 28th August 2016, 08:01 PM
Post #81
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
The best two robots in the series made the top 2. It was by no means a classic final, but it was decent. I am hoping we will be back for another series. People will know it's back so we should get some more returning teams from the original series. Now spinners can be used the teams will prepare for them so they aren't so easily taken out by them in the future too.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 28th August 2016, 08:10 PM
Post #82
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
Surprised that Carbide didn't win, but Apollo were worthy winners. Fingers crossed for a series two. If we get one, here's what I'd like to see differently -

- Differentiate the clocks between the time for battles & the 10 second count-out, it gets confusing using the same clock for each.
- Return to the Series 6 format without the round robin format - whilst it does mean more battles, a really good robot could lose out due to damage sustained.
- Use one consistent camera style throughout - the camera style changes format for the backstage clips & home building scenes, I would prepare they kept to the same standard throughout the episode without chopping and changing, it's distracting.
- People might disagree with me, but I think Dara should step away. He was a competent host, but I don't think he got into the spirit of the competition in the same way that Craig Charles did in the original. Not sure who though, but someone with the same energy as CC would be fantastic (although possibly not Craig Charles, as much as I'd like to see that, I doubt he'd come back after being passed over for the revival). Angela Scanlon can stay though.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 29th August 2016, 10:48 AM
Post #83
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
What an epic finale! I did have a feeling 1 of the 2 flippers could sneak a result against Carbide & as it turns out they both did! Once Carbide loses its weapon there's not a lot to it whereas with the others there's a at least a bit more pushing power which like i said previously should never be understated! It was the grand final I predicted & although it would have been great to see both robots at full power throughout it was fitting how they were just slugging it out at the end after all the hard fought wins.

Poor Thor though laugh.gif Carbide made the others' jobs a lot easier after destroying it in the first head to head. The only thing I really wanted to see was Apollo flipping Sir Killalot to make it a clean sweep.

Overall though it's be an overwhelming success for me on its return on a personal level, I haven't checked ratings or anything but they kept throwing subtle hints there'd be another series which hopefully will run for a lot longer like the earlier series. Shame it's all over so quickly but in a way that's good as it makes you yearn for more!

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 4th September 2016, 07:34 PM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
For fans of Robot Wars Spike TV UK will be airing the revived Battle Bots starting with the 2015 season Sunday's at 8pm. Get ready to see lots of things ripped to shit.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 21st September 2016, 10:06 PM
Post #85
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Currently been Series 5 on Challenge, it was seriously superior with Craig Charles as presenter compared to the recent series which was a bit dull at times, I felt.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 12th October 2016, 11:09 AM
Post #86
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
Confirmed to be returning for a new series next year with Dara and Angela continuing to be the hosts!

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 12th October 2016, 11:14 AM
Post #87
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
Delighted this has got a 2nd series. It's only going to be 6 episodes again, which was a bit disappointing as I thought they would expand it after the "testing the waters" 1st revival series. I have heard though that they are looking to make 2 series' a year from now on (one to air in spring, another to air in autumn), which would be an acceptable compromise. I hope they iron out the few creases from the first series going forward, although I see that Dara's staying, at least for the upcoming one.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 2nd December 2016, 12:49 PM
Post #88
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
There will be two celebrity specials where celebrities will be assisted by experienced teams to battle out against each other!

December 28:

Robbie Savage (Footballer
Jordan Stephens (Rizzle Kicks)
Neil Oliver (Coast presenter)
Kadeena Cox (Paralympian)

December 29:

Jonathan and Alistair Brownlee (Olympians)
Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock (The Sky at Night)
Suzi Perry (Presenter)
Scott Mills (DJ)

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 2nd December 2016, 06:28 PM
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Fantastic news.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 12th February 2017, 01:52 PM
Post #90
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585
New trailer is in laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 12th February 2017, 01:56 PM
Post #91
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Okay Robot Wars & Taylor Swift are 2 things that should definitely not go hand in hand.

But hyped all the same.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 5th March 2017, 07:54 PM
Post #92
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
The first episode of the new series has been fantastic. Aftershock is one heck of a robot. Also liked the lo-tech Jellyfish, even if it didn't do much useful.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 5th March 2017, 08:04 PM
Post #93
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
What? This is back already, I didn't know! Flop fan, I'll have to see it on catch up.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 5th March 2017, 08:52 PM
Post #94
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Soz for the no preview.

I like that for round 2 and the heat final they aren't in the same pod now.

The rogue house robot idea, is a stupid gimmick. I am sure if a crowd favourite is losing and the button is hit, it will go rogue and take out it's competitor.

Also in a really odd decision that I do not understand. Last years top 2, are in the same round 1 fight so there is a good chance at least one of them will be going home early.

Aftershock has to be one of the biggest improved robots in between one single series, despite being a finalist last time out.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 5th March 2017, 09:18 PM
Post #95
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Great episode to the new Series! Aftershock reminds me of 259 in its design but it was certainly very impressive, I do think a flipper would stand a decent chance against it, had Rapid not broke down so early that could have been a great battle, gutting for them after spending all that money!

Old fave Behemoth is fighting next week.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 12th March 2017, 08:15 PM
Post #96
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
At 5 seconds Eruption has broken the record for fastest win of all time previously set by Gravity in Series 7!

Tbf there was no way Cherub should have been in that final, how did the judges give them the win over PP3D??? That Behemoth "grabber" was utterly hopeless too laugh.gif

Old school team Thor back next week!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 13th March 2017, 01:03 PM
Post #97
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
What was that reaction about with the bloke from Behemoth?

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 13th March 2017, 10:09 PM
Post #98
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
He just couldn't face losing to some kids laugh.gif

Na but tbf you'd be pretty peed off if you'd spent all that time building a robot then wacking that awful "grabber" on, no idea what they were thinking there. Not very gracious tho you have to say!

+Quote this post
seven.
post 19th March 2017, 08:32 PM
Post #99
Group icon
i can only do one normal thing a day
User: 14,428
quite late on realising this returned! caught up~

much amusement from that last episode :') Cherub getting that fluke finalist spot :''') Behemoth's team switching their main 'weapon' for that red grabber thing in the deciding match :''''')

Eruption tossing Cherub in five seconds was glorious though

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 19th March 2017, 08:55 PM
Post #100
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Tonight's episode was lower in quality, don't think any of them whoever qualified would stand much chance in the final.

Looking forward to Supernova next week, always enjoyed their battles.

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 10:49 AM