BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Andrew's Top 50 Rihanna Songs, FINISHED
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Apr 8 2018, 01:39 AM
Post #21
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
whoops laugh.gif This will be starting again very soon!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Apr 16 2018, 06:28 PM
Post #22
Group icon
is in hibernation

30 ~ Yeah, I Said It

29 ~ Shut Up And Drive

Yeah, I Said It has an amazing VIBE. I love the chill of it and it's slowly grown into a favourite on later listens. Conversely, Shut Up and Drive is a very instant bop *.* It's not one I go back to the most but it's a great song for the summer and great fun.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Apr 16 2018, 06:33 PM
Post #23
Group icon
is in hibernation

28 ~ S&M

27 ~ Needed Me

NA NA NA NA NA COME ON *.* S&M (w/wo Britney x) is a electric track and Rih's vocals honestly make the song, even if the backing is pretty standard Loud era Rih. Needed Me is sassy Rihanna at her best, I screamed at Halsey copying it barely a year later laugh.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Apr 17 2018, 09:23 AM
Post #24
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
S&M and Shut Up and Drive are massive bops music.gif

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Apr 18 2018, 06:29 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
"Yeah, I Said It" is probably my least fave from 'Anti tongue.gif Still LOVE "S&M" so much even if Rih has basically disowned it/the entire 'Loud' album.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Apr 18 2018, 12:22 PM
Post #26
Group icon
is in hibernation

26 ~ Wild Thoughts (with DJ Khaled and Bryson Tiller)

25 ~ Talk That Talk (feat. Jay Z)

Two bops now *.* 'Wild Thoughts' is the last song we have from Rih and has a fantastic latin feel to it, the sample used has to be one of the best in pop recently! The song kinda sums up one of the things I love about Rih in that she can adapt to lots of different styles without it seeming forced etc. It become her first UK #1 since Monster (how has it been that long mellow.gif) 'Talk That Talk' gives me second hand embarrassment in Jay Z's rap but you can't really fault it's catchiness, surprised it wasn't bigger here tbh!

This post has been edited by Same Ol' Andrew: Apr 18 2018, 12:22 PM

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Apr 30 2018, 08:12 PM
Post #27
Group icon
is in hibernation

24 ~ Pose

23 ~ Don't Stop The Music

Finishing at #24 is Pose and omg what a ratchet anthem. I live for Rih's sassiness and attitude in the song and it's got a great beat, although I can see why you'd find it irritating. Underrated bop *.* Don't Stop The Music is of course a huge hit single, it's pretty forgotten these days and I can see why tbh as it's a little dated but it's still SUCH a bop, whilst I love ANTI and the like there is a part of me that would love Rih to make songs like this again kink.gif

+Quote this post
Theonix
post May 1 2018, 08:24 PM
Post #28
Group icon
I still love "Don't Stop the Music" too, of course I would be up for another song of a similar style but I doubt she'll ever go back to dance-pop. It's a shame because it is an utter classic/gay anthem and one of the best uses of a sample in pop! *.*

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post May 1 2018, 10:22 PM
Post #29
Group icon
is in hibernation
QUOTE(Theo. @ May 1 2018, 09:24 PM) *
I still love "Don't Stop the Music" too, of course I would be up for another song of a similar style but I doubt she'll ever go back to dance-pop. It's a shame because it is an utter classic/gay anthem and one of the best uses of a sample in pop! *.*

I agree, but I think she's past dance pop anyway. I love what she's done there but it would feel like a bit of a regression imo!

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post May 1 2018, 10:35 PM
Post #30
Group icon
is in hibernation

22 ~ Four Five Seconds (with Kanye West and Paul McCartney)

21 ~ Where Have You Been

I can't believe I'm putting this at #22, I would NOT have believed you if you'd have told me that a year ago laugh.gif FourFiveSeconds was released after Rih's longest break ever (although she seems to be out to top that again drama.gif) in January 2015 and I honestly hated it. I was so disappointed that THAT was her comeback and I wasn't alone is it polarized opinion greatly across the forum and the fanbase as a whole. A lot of people were saying it was only a hit due to the names and I agreed with them, but looking back I feel really stupid for believing that as ha name did nothing for American Oxygen laugh.gif So it was very popular with the GB. I began to like this more after I heard it on tour, then I thought 'why don't I like this' laugh.gif Now it's one of my favorites. A great vibe and would've fitted in nicely on ANTI! sad.gif 'Where Have You Been' was released in mid 2012 and put some life back in to the 'Talk That Talk' campaign after some disappointing single performances. It's just a huge bop and the drop completely goes offfff *.* Underrated I feel!

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post May 1 2018, 10:38 PM
Post #31
Group icon
is in hibernation
Some STATS ;o

Songs in the top 20
Music Of The Sun - 0
A Girl Like Me - 0
Good Girl Gone Bad - 3
Rated R - 3
Loud - 3
Talk That Talk - 1
Unapologetic - 3
ANTI - 6
Other - 1

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post May 2 2018, 11:55 PM
Post #32
Group icon
is in hibernation
Top 20 commencing tomorrow!!

+Quote this post
Theonix
post May 3 2018, 11:02 AM
Post #33
Group icon
'ANTI' to slay! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post May 3 2018, 02:41 PM
Post #34
Group icon
is in hibernation

20 ~ What's My Name (feat. Drake)

I'd honestly have this about 10 places lower now so I maybe should've complied the list again after not posting any for a while kink.gif This is still a 9/10 banger though, I absolutely love Rih and Drake's chemistry which is insane. I don't think there's anyone who's a better collaborator to her tbh heart.gif

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post May 3 2018, 10:52 PM
Post #35
Group icon
is in hibernation

19 ~ Love On The Brain

...must be love on the brain wub.gif This was always a fan favourite on ANTI and it was amazing to see it become a top 5 SMASH in America, although it did nothing here sad.gif I would've put the BBMA performance her but it appears to have been wiped from youtube, apart from this version which is in major close up the whole time so you can basically only see her nose laugh.gif That performance is what really elevated the song to another level for me. You can how she MEANS every word of what she's saying and it's so emotional cry.gif It's a beautiful track which is hella underrated by the GP here!

+Quote this post
Theonix
post May 3 2018, 11:14 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Two very different tracks there! "What's My Name?" remains a bop, something like that on the new "reggae" album wouldn't go amiss tongue.gif

I really slept on "Love on the Brain" for far too long but I absolutely adore it now. It's amongst her best ballads for sure.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post May 3 2018, 11:18 PM
Post #37
Group icon
is in hibernation
QUOTE(Theo. @ May 4 2018, 12:14 AM) *
Two very different tracks there! "What's My Name?" remains a bop, something like that on the new "reggae" album wouldn't go amiss tongue.gif

I really slept on "Love on the Brain" for far too long but I absolutely adore it now. It's amongst her best ballads for sure.

Yeah I feel like What's My Name is one of those songs that could be released now and still feel current which I can't say for the other Loud singles. Definitely kink.gif

I'm sort of the same! I mean I always liked it but it was never a favourite but it slowly grew up in my affections and that performance as I said really made it shine wub.gif

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post May 5 2018, 04:40 PM
Post #38
Group icon
is in hibernation

18 ~ Man Down

'Reggae' Rih make it's highest appearance here *.* This is an absolute classic from her, the song songs cheery and happy, obvs from the lyrics you know it's not but her vocals manage to encompass the 'dark but happy' feel of the song and it goes off as well. I'm gutted this didn't do too well in the UK and the likes of California King Bed did better but it's done well on trickle sales/streams as evidenced by it going silver. Still, very underrated by the GP and a favourite of mine!! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post May 6 2018, 11:53 PM
Post #39
Group icon
is in hibernation

17 ~ Same Ol' Mistakes

Same Ol' Mistakes is a cover of the Tame Impala song, and I've heard they're identical in production so I'll have to check that out *.* (won't be as good without Rih's vocals obvs x) But this is incredible. Rihanna doing that psychedelic sound proved to me even more her voice can fit all styles and I'd love to see her explore more of it in the future. The track itself is so dreamy just damm GOOD, I've heard people say it's too long but I actually think the length is perfect, I can't think of any one bit of the song I'd take out. This wasn't a stand out on ANTI at all initially, but I've grown to love it so much wub.gif

This post has been edited by Same Ol' Andrew: May 6 2018, 11:53 PM

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post May 7 2018, 07:41 PM
Post #40
Group icon
is in hibernation

16 ~ Sex With Me

Another track from ANTI just misses out on the top 15!! I'll be honest, when I first heard this on the album I was a bit 'wtf' but I just can't get past the production 😍 It's so dreamy and chilled and an absolute underrated BANGER. It doesn't seem that popular in the fanbase and online though, not sure why. 'Sex With Me' was popular on the club charts in America iirc (what isn't tbh x) and I think could've been a single there! On tour her performance of this was 🔥, looking back I'm not surprised it took me so long to realize I was just gay after that *.*

Any thoughts? x

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:43 AM