BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Everything • 2nd Album, 25th August 2014
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
troylovesmusic
post Aug 30 2014, 05:15 PM
Post #101
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,179
   No Gallery Pics

She peformed a few songs from the album at iHeartRadio.

Some really good peformances I really liked the 'Best Mistake' peformance, the chemistry is defintley noticeable between her and Big Sean .

This post has been edited by troylovesmusic: Aug 30 2014, 05:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
p a v
post Aug 31 2014, 07:37 AM
Post #102
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

The Weeknd collab is so dull. Very disappointed.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Aug 31 2014, 03:55 PM
Post #103
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Album is mostly forgettable, but 'One Last Time' is seriously stunning. Got it after one listen, instantly.

Also loving 'Break Free' more than ever right now, and 'Break Your Heart Right Back' works well with the sample too, so the album isn't a complete lost cause.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 6 2014, 01:41 AM
Post #104
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjefferson/a...wn?bffb#3uf90i2

laugh.gif

But in the last gifs especially, she really does look like a completely different person haha.

+Quote Post
Eric_Blob
post Sep 6 2014, 11:32 AM
Post #105
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 10,665
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Conderella @ Aug 31 2014, 08:37 AM) *
The Weeknd collab is so dull. Very disappointed.

It's okay-ish, but nowhere near as good as you'd expect with The Weeknd imo.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Sep 6 2014, 05:14 PM
Post #106
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I'm very surprised to hear David Guetta produced 'One Last Time', it's a lot more subtle sounding than his usual sort of thing.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Sep 6 2014, 07:11 PM
Post #107
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
Member No.: 67

QUOTE(Jark @ Aug 28 2014, 03:32 PM) *
Trust buzzjack to go crazy over an album this bland.

I like One Last Time and Why Try, and Best Mistake is decent enough. But there are no killer singles here after Break Free. She's just not got enough charisma to bring these songs to life.

Your comments on here as of late have been SPOT ON to what I was going to say. Couldn't agree more.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Sep 16 2014, 02:20 PM
Post #108
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Confidenti@l has learned that while visiting a Manhattan radio station this summer, the 21-year-old “Better Left Unsaid” singer should’ve left her thoughts unsaid.

“She did autographs and pics and was all smiles until she got into the elevator,” a stunned industry insider tells us. “And as soon as the doors shut she said, ‘I hope they all f—king die.’

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/91085..._medium=twitter

I hope this isn't true. There's been a fair few bad stories about her in recent months!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 17 2014, 09:08 AM
Post #109
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Apparently the next single is Love Me Harder according to Popjustice. I would have chosen Break Your Heart Right Back but I do really like Love Me Harder.

+Quote Post
EXO
post Sep 25 2014, 12:13 PM
Post #110
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 16,646
   No Gallery Pics

Just flicking through the TV and Loose Women had a who's coming on soon montage and one of them mentioned was ARIANA! Seems like soon she will be back in the UK! Hopefully this will be around the time that XF is on!

+Quote Post
EXO
post Oct 10 2014, 09:09 PM
Post #111
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 16,646
   No Gallery Pics

Ariana is on Alan Carr TONIGHT! AHHHH!

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post May 3 2020, 01:30 PM
Post #112
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

So almost 6 years on and despite stanning Ari and adoring her last three albums I've only just heard this over the last few days and as always with Ariana I am impressed *.* The only song I don't like amongst Dangerous Woman-Thank U, Next is Blazed (actual bland personified) and I even love all her singles since Tu, N although I haven't got into a few of the Ariana tracks on Charlie's Angels.

My album track highlights were 'Why Try', 'Break Your Heart Right Back', 'Hands On Me' and the title track. 'You Don't Know Me' is the only one that's really fillery but I've literally heard it twice so knowing me and Ariana's music it'll probably grow laugh.gif Idk why I didn't want to Stan her for some reason in the past, since I fell in love with 'Sweetener' in late 2018 I've been fully signed up <3

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post May 3 2020, 01:42 PM
Post #113
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

This is definitely her weakest album for me.

Her debut album showed off her potential was much more than this, then everything she followed this up was just killer.

This is kinda like a label album tbh as if they hand picked pop numbers, some collaborations, some ballads and put them altogether. It’s her most generic album too as a few tracks on this could’ve been done by anyone.

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 3 2020, 01:49 PM
Post #114
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Oh wow I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been bumped at all since 2014! I guess we got it out of our system a bit with the 5 year anniversary rate last year. 'My Everything' remains mid-table for me! It felt like the perfect progression from 'Yours Truly' - the pop/R&B route was clearly her calling at the time, rather than the bubblegum-pop false start, but 'Yours Truly' didn't have the smash hits on it to match up to her talent. This did, what a singles run *.* 'Love Me Harder' is still one of my favourite songs that she's ever released wub.gif and 'Break Your Heart Right Back' is definitely an album track highlight for me too Andrew - I was living when she wheeled that one out on tour!

+Quote Post
JulianNial
post May 3 2020, 02:12 PM
Post #115
Julian Nial
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 18,454
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade 🐠 @ May 3 2020, 02:49 PM) *
'Break Your Heart Right Back' is definitely an album track highlight for me too Andrew - I was living when she wheeled that one out on tour!

Oh how I bad I wanted that as the final single, I remember I was mad at the time they chose 'Love Me Harder' over 'Why Try' as well, but now I am QUITE the opposite. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post May 3 2020, 02:19 PM
Post #116
is in hibernation

QUOTE(Jade �� @ May 3 2020, 02:49 PM) *
Oh wow I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been bumped at all since 2014! I guess we got it out of our system a bit with the 5 year anniversary rate last year. 'My Everything' remains mid-table for me! It felt like the perfect progression from 'Yours Truly' - the pop/R&B route was clearly her calling at the time, rather than the bubblegum-pop false start, but 'Yours Truly' didn't have the smash hits on it to match up to her talent. This did, what a singles run *.* 'Love Me Harder' is still one of my favourite songs that she's ever released wub.gif and 'Break Your Heart Right Back' is definitely an album track highlight for me too Andrew - I was living when she wheeled that one out on tour!

Omg I slept on 'Love Me Harder' for so long, got into it a bit this year and then when I listened through the album I was like wtf, this is incredible? laugh.gif I need to see her on tour, SWT would've been such a moment </3

This post has been edited by Andrew.: May 3 2020, 02:19 PM

+Quote Post
LewisGT
post May 3 2020, 02:53 PM
Post #117
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 18,293
   No Gallery Pics

My Everything was released just after I started to really get into Ari and so it still has a place in my heart.

I absolutely spammed it when it first came out so it is still definitely my most played album of hers. I listened to it every day for like well over a year laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post May 5 2020, 12:00 AM
Post #118
is in hibernation

I think 'Just A Little Bit of your Heart' is my fave now, already up there with her best ballads wub.gif

+Quote Post
LewisGT
post Aug 25 2020, 04:17 PM
Post #119
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 18,293
   No Gallery Pics

Happy 6th Birthday to My Everything!!! birthday.gif

I’ve never been as obsessed with an album as I was with this 6 years ago. I would possibly still say it’s my favourite album of hers but it’s impossible to chose.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Aug 25 2020, 04:22 PM
Post #120
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Argh it's already been a year since we did the 5 year anniversary rate for it ohmy.gif happy birthday 'My Everything' cheer.gif there are definitely some track listing issues on it kink.gif but there are a lot of strong moments to be found, both singles and album tracks! So it slots in as my third favourite of hers happy.gif

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:41 AM