BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> European Cinema 2013-2015, Notable Films
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post 22nd January 2017, 10:18 AM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

"Loreak" is a drama that was released in my country's cinemas in the beginning of last March. It was the official proposal for Spain for the Oscar for "Best Foreign Language Film 2015" and it received excellent reviews for its content. Many critics ranked it as one of the best movies ever filmed in the Basque language! Having seen several Spanish films, I can say that the Spaniards have remarkable cinema and their productions are always attentive. "Loreak" could not be an exception, although the directing was simple and unadorned. However, the scenario is the one that sets it apart from other films of its kind.
"Loreak" focuses on the relationships between three women who are connected by a fatal event. The "flowers" have symbolic meaning in their lives and effectively represent their psyche every time. "Loreak" is a film that deals with human relationships, unfulfilled love, memories and it is presented through a very tender story. The two directors of "Loreak", Jon Garaño and Jose Mari Goenaga, were not only limited to the visual part of the film, but they also wrote the screenplay along with Aitor Arregi. The result of their work was good enough and they invented a story that is not far from reality. Moreover, "Loreak" had very good performances and beautiful photography. To be honest, I had mixed feelings about the film until the first half of its length -The room had an intermission- because I had not seen anything special in its story and I was trying to find the reason it was selected by the Spanish Film Academy. However, from the second half onwards, the plot takes meaning and depth and its progression has some substantial twists.
"Loreak" is a fairly interesting story that will surely attract female audience. Having said that, it was not a coincidence that the movie theater that I saw it, it was full of women (mainly middle-aged). Nevertheless, the film concerns everyone and it would be good for everyone to see such stories on the big screen. "Loreak" may be a film with few dialogues but it had very expressive images and therefore highly appreciated by the connoisseurs of cinematic space.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 12:37 AM