BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 6ix9ine ft. Nicki Minaj - FeFe (Remix), 27/7
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post 26th July 2018, 03:03 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
QUOTE(Jack @ Jul 25 2018, 10:57 PM) *
I'll still listen to her songs but I'm completely done being a stan. It was always a bit touchy when she defended her brother but this solidifies that she is trash.

QUOTE(JosephAvery @ Jul 25 2018, 10:58 PM) *
I'm not "cancelling" her or anything, I'll enjoy the music she puts out I'm sure, but I think less of her for doing this. Particularly as it's such a hypocritical move, when she's spoken out against paedophiles on Twitter before.

But you'll still be lining he rpockets and supporting her, which kinda defeats the point surely?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 26th July 2018, 09:18 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
Nicki seems to be getting very little hate for this actually off-site. If Cardi collaborated with 6ix9ine then everyone would ditch her.

Nicki is over! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 26th July 2018, 09:56 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Do you think? Maybe it's just a different circles / different experiences thing but I've seen lots of posts on social media condemning her. Rightly so.

+Quote this post
post 26th July 2018, 10:12 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I’m more annoyed at her attitude of ‘not caring’. She likes all these posts like ‘it’s it funny Nicki can get everyone so worked up’. Etc. Without saying anything on the situation when people are expressing their disappointment. She did the same when she was one of the few big pop girls not to tweet about the Orlando tragedy she was liking tweets saying ‘Nicki doesn’t have to talk up for the LGBT community / about Orlando if she doesn’t feel like it’. Odd behaviour.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 26th July 2018, 10:16 PM
Post #25
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
QUOTE(Regina @ Jul 26 2018, 04:03 PM) *
But you'll still be lining he rpockets and supporting her, which kinda defeats the point surely?

Like I said, I'll still be enjoying her music I'm sure - I've pre-ordered the album already and I don't plan on cancelling my order, but that's not really related to my opinion of her as a person.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 26th July 2018, 11:04 PM
Post #26
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
QUOTE(Joe. @ Jul 26 2018, 11:12 PM) *
I’m more annoyed at her attitude of ‘not caring’. She likes all these posts like ‘it’s it funny Nicki can get everyone so worked up’. Etc. Without saying anything on the situation when people are expressing their disappointment. She did the same when she was one of the few big pop girls not to tweet about the Orlando tragedy she was liking tweets saying ‘Nicki doesn’t have to talk up for the LGBT community / about Orlando if she doesn’t feel like it’. Odd behaviour.

I always thought it was weird she admitted to making up her bisexuality but didn’t get anywhere near the criticism Jessie J did despite Nicki being much more prominent. And she’s used and had featured the f-word slur but no one really cares, while Cardi has comments of hers not nearly as offensive flagged up 24/7.

But oh well. I still love her first three albums and ‘Bed’ is okay. 🙃

I feel like I’ve droned on about this so this is my last post on the topic laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post 27th July 2018, 12:13 AM
Post #27
Group icon
Raining Shitter
QUOTE(JosephAvery @ Jul 26 2018, 11:16 PM) *
Like I said, I'll still be enjoying her music I'm sure - I've pre-ordered the album already and I don't plan on cancelling my order, but that's not really related to my opinion of her as a person.

You’re essentially no different to those who say “I don’t care what they’ve done I still bop to the music”
She is public ally endorsing a child rapist and thug, not to mention her paying for the defence kf her child rapist brother
You still investing in her music despite knowing this basically means you’re fine with it.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 27th July 2018, 08:17 AM
Post #28
Group icon
QUOTE(Regina @ Jul 27 2018, 01:13 AM) *
You’re essentially no different to those who say “I don’t care what they’ve done I still bop to the music”
She is public ally endorsing a child rapist and thug, not to mention her paying for the defence kf her child rapist brother
You still investing in her music despite knowing this basically means you’re fine with it.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree here because in most cases, I find it easy enough to separate the artist from the music. After all, if a song is good, I don't want to miss out on it. I debated this earlier in the year with Freaky Friday too - Chris Brown is far from being my favourite person but I couldn't help enjoying that song. Others see things differently which is fine but I don't believe liking Nicki's music going forward is in any way condoning her support of a paedophile on this one song that I haven't actually heard.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 27th July 2018, 09:15 AM
Post #29
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
See, there are so many songs out there that I am totally fine with ignoring the ones made by morally dubious characters, at least not financially supporting them and encouraging them to make more.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 27th July 2018, 09:37 AM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
QUOTE(Iz @ Jul 27 2018, 10:15 AM) *
See, there are so many songs out there that I am totally fine with ignoring the ones made by morally dubious characters, at least not financially supporting them and encouraging them to make more.

This.

There is so much music out there, good music too. Even music similar to this. Don't support child molesters and those who normalise them.

This post has been edited by blacksquare: 27th July 2018, 09:42 AM

+Quote this post
Regina
post 27th July 2018, 10:53 AM
Post #31
Group icon
Raining Shitter
QUOTE(JosephAvery @ Jul 27 2018, 09:17 AM) *
I think we'll have to agree to disagree here because in most cases, I find it easy enough to separate the artist from the music. After all, if a song is good, I don't want to miss out on it. I debated this earlier in the year with Freaky Friday too - Chris Brown is far from being my favourite person but I couldn't help enjoying that song. Others see things differently which is fine but I don't believe liking Nicki's music going forward is in any way condoning her support of a paedophile on this one song that I haven't actually heard.

I mean if you want to support someone who condones paedophilia and line he rpockets to help keep one out of prison then that's fine, but you have no right to condon anyone for doing the same sort of thing.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 27th July 2018, 12:00 PM
Post #32
Group icon
It's worth noting that I've been the first to speak out against 6ix9ine and condemn Nicki for collaborating with him. I'm not interested in streaming or downloading this track and I'm not going to condone its existence, but going forward, I don't see the point in depriving myself of some potentially great music from Nicki who is capable of excellent stuff.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 27th July 2018, 12:11 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Raining Shitter
You're totally missing the point. You "condemn" he rbut you're still going to support her and buy he rmusic so it means nothing to say you condemn her. It's like you are one fo those people saying "I don't care what she's done I'm still gonna bop and buy her music cause that's the most important thing"

As its been said there are SO many other and better artists out there who are not supportive of paedophiles but you are choosing to stick by her and are part of the problem.
Her getting continued success with and beyond this song wil make her think she's done nothing wrong and will carry on doing things like this.

But who cares if the music's good right? smile.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 27th July 2018, 12:25 PM
Post #34
Group icon
I totally get the point! But there's a difference between disapproving of what an artist has done, and enjoying their music, and I think you're actually missing that point. While Nicki's decision to support 6ix9ine is absolutely problematic and I'd rather she didn't associate herself at all with people like him, but liking someone's music is not the same as condoning their actions (to a point.... I feel like someone like 6ix9ine goes past that line and he shouldn't have any sort of career whatsoever. But equally he's talentless and pretty terrible from the little music I've heard from him).

Sure, there are many better artists out there - even within female rappers, I'm more into Cardi B this year and although Nicki's an all-round better rapper, Iggy's debut album is better than any of Nicki's. However, that doesn't mean I can't enjoy some of her songs still. It's not the same as condoning her actions, it's enjoying good music. Fair enough if you can't separate the two but I know plenty of people who can.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 27th July 2018, 12:35 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Raining Shitter
I really hate the term "problamatic" it makes it all sound so trivial. Not only did she pay to defend her paedophile brother, but she is now publically flirting with, supporting and bringing on tour another one. SHe only cares about headline and making money and is truely a horrible vapid woman.
I really don't know how you can sit there and willingly buy her music and enjoy it knowing full well what she has done. You're just ignoring all her actions for the sake of a few questionably good songs, it shows up your character as much as what Nicki has done shows up hers.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 27th July 2018, 12:39 PM
Post #36
Group icon
QUOTE(Regina @ Jul 27 2018, 01:35 PM) *
I really hate the term "problamatic" it makes it all sound so trivial. Not only did she pay to defend her paedophile brother, but she is now publically flirting with, supporting and bringing on tour another one. SHe only cares about headline and making money and is truely a horrible vapid woman.
I really don't know how you can sit there and willingly buy her music and enjoy it knowing full well what she has done. You're just ignoring all her actions for the sake of a few questionably good songs, it shows up your character as much as what Nicki has done shows up hers.

You're right - "problematic" is quite tame a term and I don't agree with anything that she's done there. My opinion of her as a person isn't high, but when I'm listening to a song, that doesn't really come into it. I listen to Bed and think it's a smooth, chilled track with some great flow from Nicki and a lush hook from Ariana. It's worth 99p of my money so I can listen to it on my iTunes when I want, and that's about as far as it goes. I don't believe it's fair to suggest it shows up my character, because I've explicitly stated before that I condemn those actions and to suggest otherwise is a reach. I realise not everyone will have the same POV as me and that's fine, I get why you find her actions offputting with regards to her music, but I don't think it's a reflection on character whatsoever. A song is a song to me, and I prefer to look at it with no strings attached.

Like I said before, I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one!

+Quote this post
Regina
post 27th July 2018, 12:45 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Raining Shitter
If you want to live in a rose coloured sheltered world for the sake of a few songs then that's your choice.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 27th July 2018, 12:50 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
Regina is right. It's fine to enjoy Nicki's music but to actively contribute towards her continuing success by buying the album seems like you don't care what she does "as long as she brings the bops". Yes, I will listen to Queen and she'll get all £0.0001 pennies that brings from a single stream of the album but I wouldn't pay £9.99 for the full album.

For example your 99p for purchasing "Bed" is directly contributing to her being able to go on tour with 6ix9ine/defend her brother in court.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 27th July 2018, 05:11 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
QUOTE(Joe. @ Jul 26 2018, 11:12 PM) *

Yeah this is what gets me too, I mean especially when she did that tweet saying people who abuse children (or something along those lines, words to that effect) need to be killed, and now she's essentially condoing it just to get a hit and her attitude is like "whatever, I can do what I want". She seems to be afraid to speak against or up for things, but will do something like this if it gets her a hit.

QUOTE(Theo. @ Jul 27 2018, 01:50 PM) *
Regina is right. It's fine to enjoy Nicki's music but to actively contribute towards her continuing success by buying the album seems like you don't care what she does "as long as she brings the bops". Yes, I will listen to Queen and she'll get all £0.0001 pennies that brings from a single stream of the album but I wouldn't pay £9.99 for the full album.

For example your 99p for purchasing "Bed" is directly contributing to her being able to go on tour with 6ix9ine/defend her brother in court.

This is closest to how I feel, it's like with Melanie Martinez, I still now and again listen to her songs but with what she did I would never buy say an album or concert ticket because I'd just feel wrong about giving her that money compared to £0.0001 for a stream. But even when I do listen to the song I listen to then feel a bit ugh about it, I find it quite hard personally to disentangle stuff like this and it affects how I feel about their music. Even with Freaky Friday, I thought that was a bit of a bop to say the least but I felt really weird listening to and supporting it. As said there is so much music similar to Nicki's, similar to 6ix9ine's, without the "problematic" (for want of a better word, it bothers me a bit too but I never know what to use instead) artists behind it.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 27th July 2018, 10:47 PM
Post #40
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Ever since the news in the past week or so I've not listened to Bed as much due to being so disappointed in her. It is a shame because I really do like her and her music. I cannot support this at all.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 01:36 PM