BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Melodifestivalen 2018 / Deltävling 4 / Feb 17th (Örnsköldsv), Is Mariette the one to beat?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post 22nd February 2018, 03:56 PM
Post #21
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

2013 is still my favourite year ever that I've watched in Melfest, with 2014 coming a close second, it's nowhere near as meh as this year has been, I'm same as Rich except swapping Begging and Heartbreak Hotel in respective affections. Party Voice, Everyday, In My Cabana are songs that I'll probably be cheering for when I'm there this year but I'd love for there to be something from this heat that is exciting. More songs that I care about would be lovely.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 22nd February 2018, 04:09 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Mariette' sounds big, it's putting me in mind of what I wanted A Million Years to be but never quite got there. Before this I've only really got Party Voice, Shuffla and In My Cabana that I care about.

Also yes af Heartstrings being the highlight of 2013, highlight of all of Eurovision 2013 tbh *.* shame about her utter lack of any vocal capability but ah well.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 22nd February 2018, 04:12 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

I so wish it had been an Agnes single sad.gif As it was it was No.5 in my 2013 end of year chart but by Agnes I'm sure it could have been my favourite song of the year.

+Quote this post
ScottyEm
post 22nd February 2018, 06:40 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 519

Feels like Mariette is the best bits of this years MelFest (granted there’s not many), clobbered together to make a so-so track. Very underwhelming. I think my favourite this year is Benjamin Ingrosso. But it looks like Sweden aren’t winning this year...

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 22nd February 2018, 07:09 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

Rehearsal clips are up.. Mariette's performance looks too silly to take seriously. Yeah, she will go DTF but this won't be the Melfest winner.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 22nd February 2018, 07:26 PM
Post #26
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

oooh Mariette's production sounds immense. Can't wait to see the full thing.

Olivia's had me intrigued too. Other than that lots of MEH and EH reactions as per usual.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 22nd February 2018, 07:36 PM
Post #27
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

If I hadn't seen any artist names, I'd be hard pushed to tell you Olivia wasn't Zara Larsson, the whole thing, from voice to song, is such a replica.

+Quote this post
alby
post 23rd February 2018, 01:44 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,115

Yeah thanks for the amazing write-ups Lex wub.gif

I was holding my breath so hard during Mariette's clip but at the end I was so relieved!!! I think the production has the potential to sound huge, but I've been fooled before so I wanna wait for the full edit to be absolutely sure. In any case it's surely gonna be in my top 5 of the year

+Quote this post
ScottyEm
post 23rd February 2018, 02:31 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 519

Felix is making me nervous, can’t help people will be drawn in by the “mood” whilst blissfully ignoring that fact the song is unbelievably piss-poor (the lyrics certainly don’t live up to much and he sounds like a very average singer). I’m hoping solid scoring from juries and public will edge Ingrosso as the winner in what has been a stinker of a year.

This post has been edited by ScottyEm: 23rd February 2018, 02:32 PM

+Quote this post
LexC
post 23rd February 2018, 09:31 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

Genrep

Mariette - 200 (26.4 %)
Elias Abbas - 152 (20.1 %)
Rolandz - 121 (16 %)
Emmi Christensson - 94 (12.4 %)
Olivia Eliasson - 75 (9.9 %)
Felix Sandman - 65 (8.6 %)
Felicia Olsson - 50 (6.6 %)

Vi har en vinnare?

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 23rd February 2018, 10:56 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

YESSSS

+Quote this post
p a v
post 24th February 2018, 09:51 AM
Post #32
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Rolandz will go DTF alongside Mariette, mark mah werds~ There hasn't been any novelty finalist so far and in a crap year like this there should be at least one.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th February 2018, 01:19 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

2:30 versions are out!

Mariette seems to cut out before a big final chorus. Sounds like a real world hit but I'm not sure it's quite got the legs to win Melfest, although at this stage what else? laugh.gif Benjamin bloody Ingrosso and no ty at that.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 24th February 2018, 01:27 PM
Post #34
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

Emmi Christensson - Icarus - I should hate this because it's VERY musicals but I can't, it's absolutely stunning and knocks my love for Elina in Eesti Laul a bit.

Elias Abbas - Mitt paradis - A BOP.

Mariette - For You - Her best Melfest song and I wouldn't mind it winning at all, don't think she'll quite do it though.

Olivia Eliasson - Never Learn - They really have just run Zara Larsson through a photocopier beginning to run out of ink haven't they. (Love it though).

Felicia Olsson - Break That Chain - A step up from her previous effort but she's been screwed a bit by being put in this heat.

Rolandz - Fuldans - Not a song to be consumed in studio form, wouldn't be surprised if I like it with the live perf.

FELIX SANDMAN - Every Single Day - Oh honey no. Should've been Omar's 'Que Pasa' here instead.

---

I hereby declare I'm firmly #TeamYessica for Melfest 2018! (although I'm 99% sure Benjamin Ingrosso has got this and I'm fine with those hips in Lisbon *.*)

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 24th February 2018, 01:30 PM
Post #35
Group icon

OMG at Rolandz. BRING IT *.*

Mariette sounds like a great pop song also. Elias thankfully isn't as shit as I'd feared (but Felix is) either, it's actually quite a bop, so I wouldn't be TOO mad if app voting propels that one high.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 24th February 2018, 01:33 PM
Post #36
Group icon

I'm a little concerned at Emmi extolling us to 'fly like Icarus'. Surely that's a VERY BAD THING?

Great song though, I love the theatrical sound.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 24th February 2018, 02:59 PM
Post #37
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

1 - Emmi Christensson - Icarus - MOVE OVER La forza - what an ODYSSEY! *.* This is the Aninia follow-up I was desperately hoping for this year. Other than throwing a reindeer onto a funeral pyre live onstage this could honestly do nothing more to shamelessly pander to the Västerbotten wasteland vote that powered En värld full av strider to the final - apart from maybe drafting in Jon-Henrik HIMSELF because actually the more I think about it the more this is totally dead on arrival in much the same way THAT would've been if it had been an Aninia solo number. Anyway, this takes me on a complete spiritual journey start to finish (those "AYO"s on BVs in the verses!) and the ludicrous money note + key change combo immediately puts this in contention for my song of the season.

2 - Mariette - For You - A total headphones track - the intricacies and layers of the production are so satisfyingly moreish and there's so much going on. I have my reservations on whether the "for you, for you" hook is good enough to win it all (which is a slight disappointment coming from the songwriter behind Rhys - Too Good To Be True and Kelly Clarkson - Stronger), but the middle eight is sensational and so long as she doesn't make a complete w*n**r of herself onstage like the rehearsal clip hinted I think this could still potentially be in with a shout.

3 - Olivia Eliasson - Never Learn - YES! What a COMPLETE BANGER! *.* This could be a Clean Bandit hit tomorrow and given they've basically SAVED POP for the last two years that is HIGH COMPLIMENT indeed. I'm living in hope she'll be more at the Zara Larsson end of the performing spectrum but even if she's more towards the Adelén end this is still likely to be exceptional value

4 - "FELIX SANDMAN" - Every Single Day - Even short of the fact he was by far the most likely-seeming one of FO&O to have ever had heterosexual sex, this is actually very good for what it is so sadly I think it's going direkt. Fingers crossed the audience poll was a hint that it isn't a winner in the waiting.

5 - Felicia Olsson - Break That Chain - Look it's derivative as f*** but I can't pretend that a part of me isn't rooting for this failed Jordin Sparks career renewal, even if I think a Sanna Nielsen take on Killing Me Tenderly was a spectacularly ill-advised way of going about it. Look me in the eyes during that key change. Don't tell me you don't feel at least a flicker of the old religion when she does those ad libs.

6 - Elias Abbas - Mitt paradis - There is a word for the kind of person who wants to spend their Saturday nights watching a 16 year old covering Behrang Miri.

7 - Rolandz - Fuldans - It sounds like someone threw Proud Mary, dansband and Leto svet into a blender. I'd have preferred it if they hadn't and if this qualifies Sweden and I are falling out.

This post has been edited by Qassändra: 24th February 2018, 03:05 PM

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 24th February 2018, 03:00 PM
Post #38
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

QUOTE(Iz @ Feb 24 2018, 01:33 PM) *
I'm a little concerned at Emmi extolling us to 'fly like Icarus'. Surely that's a VERY BAD THING?

biggrin.gif!

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 24th February 2018, 06:11 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

The best part about heat 4 is everything pings on to iTunes/ Spotify after.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 24th February 2018, 06:28 PM
Post #40
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

QUOTE(Martyn @ Feb 24 2018, 06:11 PM) *
The best part about heat 4 is everything pings on to iTunes/ Spotify after.

Although TEN Music have confirmed Benjamin's song will be released internationally tomorrow nocheer.gif

+Quote this post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 03:20 AM