BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

75 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spice Girls - 'Spice 25', 2021 • 25th Anniversary Album + 'Wannabe 25' Single
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
spiceboy
post 27th May 2021, 04:24 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(sammy01 @ May 27 2021, 05:22 PM) *
I can't be bothered to find the zillion posts on here about wanting them to open the vaults, they do so and it's 'but it's not the pic I wanted in the crayon colour I used to colour in with'.

Not one fan has been unhappy with the song being included
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 27th May 2021, 04:26 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

Just don't buy it if you think it's ugly, stream it or download, that's my point this isn't just about what it physically looks like. It's expanding a tiny discography. That new song and demo will basically account for 5% of their non remix material.

I'm not saying anyone has to be positive if you don't like the cover but if you aren't going to download and stream the song then why are you in this forum? If you are going to then you have something new to look forward to.

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 27th May 2021, 04:30 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

I actually quite like the design. It's definitely not their best, but everything looks good after the Headlines and GH covers laugh.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 27th May 2021, 04:30 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(sammy01 @ May 27 2021, 05:26 PM) *
Just don't buy it if you think it's ugly, stream it or download, that's my point this isn't just about what it physically looks like. It's expanding a tiny discography. That new song and demo will basically account for 5% of their non remix material.

I'm not saying anyone has to be positive if you don't like the cover but if you aren't going to download and stream the song then why are you in this forum? If you are going to then you have something new to look forward to.

I don't understand your post? I haven't seen anyone say they won't stream or download the song, people are saying that the vinyl looks cheap and it's not too much to expect that UMG or the girls or whoever put a bit of effort into making it look good.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 27th May 2021, 04:33 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(spiceboy @ May 27 2021, 05:24 PM) *
Not one fan has been unhappy with the song being included

Didn't you just sell your collection? So this is perfect for you, to mark Wannabes anniversary you are getting the demo and a new song to download or stream.

I mean Headlines came with no b-side, the picture disc GH, Spice, Spice world and any other release in the last 14 years came with nothing new.

Doesn't this cover all bases, physical for collectors, new music, official demo. I'm certain there will be a wannabe lyric video too.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 27th May 2021, 04:35 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(spiceboy @ May 27 2021, 05:30 PM) *
I don't understand your post? I haven't seen anyone say they won't stream or download the song, people are saying that the vinyl looks cheap and it's not too much to expect that UMG or the girls or whoever put a bit of effort into making it look good.

You didn't even mention a new song in your original post.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 27th May 2021, 04:39 PM
Post #27
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Being critical of aspects of the product is a separate thing to being happy that they’re giving us an unreleased demo via it!

Anyway I’m ready to throw my cash at it 🥴 Bring on the preorder announcement!

+Quote this post
Maz!
post 27th May 2021, 04:54 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,217

Yeah sorry that cover art is awful they could’ve kept it easy and kept the original cover adding a silver spice ring with 25 on it and it totally looks better. That doesn’t mean I’m not grateful we get Feed Your Love and Wannabe demo. Fans are allowed to be critical we are not in Russia.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 27th May 2021, 05:06 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

GUYS it's a celebration and the art work is totally 90s style, specially totally 90s Spice Girls style. It makes total sense to me they went with this. Is it perfect? No, but who cares....

WANNABE DEMO AND FEED YOUR LOVE?!?!?!?!? I WILL BUY TWO COPIES PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!

I am really really surprised and thankful they decided to include those two unreleased tracks. It is exactly what fans have been demanded for 20 years and FINALLY they got over themselves.

VERY VERY HAPPY FAN TODAY!!!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 27th May 2021, 05:36 PM
Post #30
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

(I know this is becoming a contentious issue) but the design of it isn’t giving me authentic 90s style at all (obviously the picture of them does, the design around them does not). But that’s just my feeling.

6 weeks tomorrow and we’ll hear Feed My Love! 🤭🤭

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 27th May 2021, 06:08 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I am thankful and delighted.

Like, this is literally what we have been asking for, so I will take it even if the design isnt the best. It's good enough for me and now I AM SUPER EXCITED for the Spice anniversary!! wub.gif

+Quote this post
tommie
post 27th May 2021, 06:34 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

LOL, if this is true, that picture is... a choice to say the least. Mel C doesn't even look like herself in it.

But yes, if we finally get the Wannabe demo + Feed Your Love, then I'm quite happy because it's a lot more than I ever expected from them tbh.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 27th May 2021, 07:45 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

Where is Melanie C in the pic?

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 27th May 2021, 07:57 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(sammy01 @ May 27 2021, 04:26 PM) *

sammy, you are doing too much. So what, some people dont like the cover, it's ok blink.gif for instance, me and you were very vocal about the Mel C album and its campaign and we complained everytime people didnt like our opinions.

Let us not make the same mistakes and enjoy the moment wub.gif

This post has been edited by Mr.X: 27th May 2021, 08:16 PM

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 27th May 2021, 08:23 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Guys, look at us in Spiceworld again heart.gif In 2021 w00t.gif DURING A PANDEMIC!!

Like, 4 years ago this all seemed really impossible ever again, and look at us now. Technically a whole new era is about to kick off again and we are about to get:

- NEW OLD UNRELEASED MATERIAL music.gif
- A NEW VINYL AND CASSETE AND DIGITAL DOWNLOAD yahoo.gif

And we never thought it would happen. Some of us wondered and dreamed about getting a vinyl release for Wannabe but recently we had kind of given up on that idea and mostly expected to just get an announcement around this date for an Autumn re-release of Spice.

Now it looks like we will get the above AND also this:

- A special celebration of the 25th anniversary of Wannabe around its release date (mentioned by fans and hinted by the girls)
- Potential for the girls to give interviews (lol I was going to write performances as well but lets be real.....)
- Wannabe potentially back in the charts in July
- Announcement of 'Spice' album 25th anniversary celebrations and re-release, potential with more unreleased music and various formats to purchase
- 2022 Tour announcement

Plus, rumours of new music and the animated film.

It's a great time to be a Spice Girls fan!

This post has been edited by Mr.X: 27th May 2021, 08:24 PM

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 27th May 2021, 08:36 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

This is great for wannabe plus it should mean we will see the spice girls back in the singles chart for the first time in a long time.

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 27th May 2021, 08:57 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 113,700

Someone can criticize the vinyl cover and still be grateful for the release. Saying someone is ungrateful just because they criticize the cover is beyond silly.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 27th May 2021, 09:07 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I never said the word ungrateful, all I said is look at the bigger picture. Fans have been demanding unreleased songs for 20 years, it could come wrapped in shit and it would still be great.

So it won't look amazing gathering dust on your shelf or in a box however you'll be able to stream a new spice girls song in 6 weeks for the rest of your life.

Anyway official announcement tomorrow, universal have a spice girls store live locked ready to go, there will also be merch.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 27th May 2021, 09:13 PM
Post #39
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

If it is easy to find, I might buy since I was born when it was number 1!

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 27th May 2021, 09:41 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

But why no Woman? nocheer.gif

tongue.gif

+Quote this post