BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RuPaul's Drag Race · General Discussion Thread, COVER GIRL! Put. The. Bass. In. Your. Walk!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
George.keh
post 5th December 2018, 06:34 PM
Post #101
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

Give me a Sound of the Underground lip sync PLEASE
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 7th December 2018, 05:21 PM
Post #102
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

I'm quite deeply inside the drag scene within Birmingham, as my best friend is pretty much the top drag queen there at the moment, and what I personally think will be exciting about Drag Race UK is the fact the girls will probably know one another. Compared to the US, the scene here is TINY, the successful queens in the bigger cities are known to one another.

I really hope it's not just a London-centric deal though as there's so much talent across the UK (not even just England, the Scottish scene is THRIVING). It'll be interesting to see what angle they take with it aswell, because as pointed out by others here, British drag isn't as glitzy as the US so I think they'll have to take that into account somehow or they'll kinda be missing a lot of the essence that comes with British drag and would probably lose a fair depth of support with it.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 8th December 2018, 12:01 PM
Post #103
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

The Holi-slay Spectacular was a load of fun but felt very un-Drag Race, not that that's a bad thing. I did predict that all the Queens would end up being named winner, but RuPaul and Michelle's lipsync completely shocked and floored me *.* I can't wait for All Stars now!!

Also Frostula slayed

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 8th December 2018, 03:22 PM
Post #104
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

I loved the Chrstmas special. It was so camp/gay and fun! I was so happy to see Shangela finally winning something laugh.gif The looks on the main stage were stunning! I LOVED Mayhem and Kim Chi's looks. Although I wasn't a fan of the condom on Jasmine Masters' head though. laugh.gif

I'm also so excited for UK Drag race! My only issue with it is Ru doing snatch game. I can totally see him drawing a blank on a lot of the characters people could do. Hopefully he'll be briefed a bit before the snatch game itself

I've seen so many great suggestions for it like Vicky Pollard. I would love it if one did Catherine Tate's nan character. Plus loads more like Katie Price/Jade Goodie/Davina McCall/Susanna Reid/The Queen/Princess Diana/other royal family members. I could go on and on and on with a list laugh.gif

This year has been such a great year for Drag race. AS3/S10/Christmas Special and the beginning of AS4 - which I think will be a lot better than AS3. Not to mention next year will have AS4 continuing, S11 and S1 UK Drag Race (it is airing in 2019 right and not just filimng?).

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 11th December 2018, 10:16 AM
Post #105
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

mayhems looks was sfg. probs one of my all time favs

also that ru & michelle lip sync was hilarious

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 11th December 2018, 10:44 AM
Post #106
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Did I watch something else to you guys?! The Christmas special is one of the worst episodes of Drag Race I've ever seen! Completely unfunny, not entertaining and had no real purpose at all!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th December 2018, 11:13 AM
Post #107
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Agreed, idk what I expected but it was just like one long cringe advert for Ru's Christmas album with absolutely no point to it laugh.gif

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 11th December 2018, 12:22 PM
Post #108
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

Agreed, it was really weird. The only thing I enjoyed from it were some of the looks. Mayhem absolutely slayed that challenge and should have been crowned the winner but for some reason Ru decided to drag us all along on our ears just to drop the "everyone's a winner" (even Jasmine Masters' whatever-that-was-supposed-to-be look) which was just annoying tbh.

Ranking the Christmas Looks
1. Mayhem Miller
2. Kim Chi
3. Eureka
4. Shangela
5. Latrice Royale
6. Sonique
7. Trixie Mattel
8. Jasmine Masters

Also why tf did they drop the ball on having someone lipsync to All I Want For Christmas, One More Sleep, Santa Tell Me and Underneath The Tree?

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: 11th December 2018, 12:23 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th December 2018, 12:31 PM
Post #109
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

It would've been fine as like a WOW Youtube channel 10 minute thing where they just each give a look tbh laugh.gif Or if they wanted to do a Christmas thing, it could have just been an extra episode of AS4.

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 11th December 2018, 01:05 PM
Post #110
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

I was honestly cringing through most of it. It was like a bad episode of Glee. I didn’t even realise until it had finished that Jasmine had no confessional or runway talkover. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
post 11th December 2018, 01:37 PM
Post #111
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

It was sooooo bad. Some fun looks though. I think the couple of people who liked it here are the only positive reactions I've seen all week!

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 11th December 2018, 03:01 PM
Post #112
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

They should have done the Christmas thing as the first All Stars challenge then have the Christmas present be no one gets eliminated. Have the talent show as episode 2. Also no Eureka.

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 11th December 2018, 03:21 PM
Post #113
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

oh it was for sure an unnecessary episode. basically just a plug for his album. but i am glad we got that look from mayhem cos i can't stop thinking about it.

it took me til like the very end of the ru and michelle lip sync to realise they were doubles and i think thats why i found it so funny

This post has been edited by jakewild: 11th December 2018, 03:22 PM

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 11th December 2018, 06:35 PM
Post #114
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

Honestly my expectations were 0 for the Xmas special so I was happy with whatever we got. Mayhem's look was amazing and she won the mini-challenge - she was the obvious winner. I adore Mayhem so that alone was enough for me! I loved seeing Sonique as well and the Michelle/Ru lip sync was quite funny. I didn't realise they were body doubles either until I clocked that Ru's shoes kept changing. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 11th December 2018, 06:59 PM
Post #115
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

I know she was made to say it but I cringed when Trixie was like "I can't believe I'm sat here watching RuPaul twerk".

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 11th December 2018, 08:43 PM
Post #116
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Yeah the X Mas special is a bit of an abortion of an episode. An hour long (well 40 minute) promo for the Christmas album.

What the heck was on Jasmine's head though!?!

+Quote this post
p a v
post 11th December 2018, 08:48 PM
Post #117
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

omg you guys. how in the HELL would those two old ladies be able to do most (all?) of those stunts?! laugh.gif what a terrible waste of an episode. I even skipped the songs they were so cringey.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th January 2019, 08:54 AM
Post #118
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Anyone watching or going to be keeping up with Drag Race Thailand? This season seems to be such a step up from the last one which I really enjoyed anyway, queens from various places round the world, they allowed women to apply as well so we have two transgender queens as well as an American queen. The production and standard feels like a step up, the "debut season" tag of season 1 made it feel like a pilot and this does feel like a natural step up, except for the MAIN challenge being one of those basic af photo challenges (and the same for next week, by the look of it).

Srimala, Angele and Tormai are probably my favourites so far, Angele's second runway rotf.gif Also PanPan is SO hot, I always forget wub.gif

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 30th January 2019, 10:32 AM
Post #119
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

In case Drag Race fans don't look in the Australian Thread...

Courtney Act is set to appear in the next series of DWTS Australia

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/01/30/court...ing-with-stars/

And with a male Pro partner

+Quote this post
TimothySal
post 31st January 2019, 12:34 PM
Post #120
Group icon
New Entry
User: 82,890

Just fuelling the number of drag race threads in the forum today

Would you like to see the same format as last series where the top 4 lip sync for the crown, or go back to the typical final 3 format where the winner is chosen for work through the season?

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 04:57 AM