BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
19 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Formula One- 2017 Season, US Grand Prix Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
LadyLea
post 16th July 2017, 06:12 PM
Post #261
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 35,489

Not the same sport it used to be ever since all these rule changes a few years back, and I cannot stand Lewis!.

Also, do Channel 4 have all these silly film clips when its British GP weekend?. BBC's clip of Lewis "playing" an acoustic guitar still leaves a scar on the brain, let alone a bunch of people crowding round a driver when they are being interviewed.

Used to love this sport, now it's Moto GP taking its place for me.

This post has been edited by LadyLea: 16th July 2017, 06:13 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 16th July 2017, 06:47 PM
Post #262
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

QUOTE(Lenny @ Jul 16 2017, 05:19 PM) *
I think the way Lewis treated this weekend and topped off his victory with his interaction with the crowd pretty much answers the critics.

I disagree, yes the Silverstone fans will be pleased but Lewis has done the same as every other driver would do at their home grand prix and importantly so. The fact he can't go above and beyond his grand prix weekend duties to interact with his London fans when every single other driver could is very disappointing, and the London crowd made that evident.

If Lewis had a good reason for missing the London event then fair enough but a 2 day holiday in Greece (I believe) doesn't seem to be a good reason when he gets paid millions and millions of pounds per year to be an F1 driver which comes with responsibilities outside of a grand prix weekend.

What makes Silverstone Lewis fans more important than London Lewis fans, and with both being in his home country I imagine there were thousands of them at both events?

+Quote this post
Silas
post 16th July 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #263
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

He partied with Beiber in Greece instead of turning up to London. He 'needed a break' when there's a mid season break starting errrr now.

+Quote this post
Severin
post 16th July 2017, 07:23 PM
Post #264
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

I'm not much of a Hamilton fan - I think he's overrated as a driver and a bit of an arse, but a during his time at McLaren a friend of mine made an advert for Santander and both Hamilton and Button were involved. It got canned when Hamilton announced he was leaving for Mercedes shortly after.
My friend did say that whilst Hamilton was away from the media he was a delight and came across as thoroughly likeable, to the point were my friend couldn't equate the public persona with the private one yet as soon as he had to present himself for the cameras he became awkward and came across as rude and stand-offish, and it suddenly made sense.
Button was apparently exactly the same and totally at ease in both situations.

I agree that Hamilton comes across as a surly, spoiled brat on race weekends (especially if it isn't going his way) and I know that doesn't tell the whole story and I agree not doing the London event was a huge faux pas again.
It just seems he finds that side of the business really difficult and it brings out the worst in him

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 16th July 2017, 09:53 PM
Post #265
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Silverstone would be a massive loss to the calendar.

Crazy last couple of laps did Verstappen have a puncture?

Solid and good drive from Hulkenberg in the Renault to finish 6th.

Some shit driving from Kvyat once again.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 16th July 2017, 09:57 PM
Post #266
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

They pitted Max as they felt he could have one Vettel-style, think he would have finished 4th either way (providing he didn't actually puncture of course).

That Kyvat crash was f'ing hilarious rotf.gif the latest in a long line of recent team mate clashes!

+Quote this post
Silas
post 16th July 2017, 10:00 PM
Post #267
Group icon
Queen of Soon

QUOTE(Severin @ Jul 16 2017, 08:23 PM) *
I'm not much of a Hamilton fan - I think he's overrated as a driver and a bit of an arse, but a during his time at McLaren a friend of mine made an advert for Santander and both Hamilton and Button were involved. It got canned when Hamilton announced he was leaving for Mercedes shortly after.
My friend did say that whilst Hamilton was away from the media he was a delight and came across as thoroughly likeable, to the point were my friend couldn't equate the public persona with the private one yet as soon as he had to present himself for the cameras he became awkward and came across as rude and stand-offish, and it suddenly made sense.
Button was apparently exactly the same and totally at ease in both situations.

I agree that Hamilton comes across as a surly, spoiled brat on race weekends (especially if it isn't going his way) and I know that doesn't tell the whole story and I agree not doing the London event was a huge faux pas again.
It just seems he finds that side of the business really difficult and it brings out the worst in him

That's really interesting! Usually when you hear about public/private persona's it's the other way round and they're a lewis Hamilton in private and a Dany ric in public.

Personality aside, he's so vastly overrated. This is his 4th year in a row in the dominant car that has only just got a car that's sorta close to them. f***ing dead person could have come second in the drivers WC with that thing this past 3 years
QUOTE(Mack @ Jul 16 2017, 10:53 PM) *
Silverstone would be a massive loss to the calendar.

Crazy last couple of laps did Verstappen have a puncture?

Solid and good drive from Hulkenberg in the Renault to finish 6th.

Some shit driving from Kvyat once again.

Hulk did mega wub.gif what a babe. The new floor Renault brought is clearly LIT. This can only bode well for 2018.

Max has said they saw what happened to Kimi and pitted to prevent it happening to them as their tyre had a lot of flat spots. He's said that they didn't think they could have got 3rd even without the pit stop.

Kvyat claiming he's being discriminated against by the stewards :') Stop driving like a f***ing plonker mate, it ain't demolition derby.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 16th July 2017, 10:07 PM
Post #268
Group icon

QUOTE(LadyLea @ Jul 16 2017, 07:12 PM) *
Not the same sport it used to be ever since all these rule changes a few years back, and I cannot stand Lewis!.

Also, do Channel 4 have all these silly film clips when its British GP weekend?. BBC's clip of Lewis "playing" an acoustic guitar still leaves a scar on the brain, let alone a bunch of people crowding round a driver when they are being interviewed.

Used to love this sport, now it's Moto GP taking its place for me.

The only Channel 4 viewer on here myself. They didn't really have any silly film clips on the programme.

Hope Sky's Martin Brundle is well after being taken unwell from what I heard.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 16th July 2017, 10:12 PM
Post #269
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Paul Di Resta stepped in for Commentary, he did pretty well I thought. Was always a shame his career ended when it did.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 21st July 2017, 12:29 PM
Post #270
Group icon

Paul Di Resta was an underrated driver, I felt. I felt he could have an similar path to his career in F1 like Hulkenberg. He's a far better driver than Palmer.

In other news-

Looks like the 'halo' device will be introduced next year according to the FIA.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 24th July 2017, 07:56 AM
Post #271
Group icon

Haas announced on Friday that Romain Grosjean and Kevin Magnussen will remain in the team for next year.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 24th July 2017, 01:16 PM
Post #272
Group icon
Queen of Soon

And Renault today officially confirmed Kubica will drive the 2017 Renault F1 car at the post-Hungary test

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 25th July 2017, 07:45 AM
Post #273
Group icon

That is great and exciting news about Kubica driving the 2017 Renault car at the post-Hungary post. We shall see if he is able to drive the car with ease without any problems. If so, no reason why we won't hear an announcement to say he'll be driving at the Belgian Grand Prix.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 25th July 2017, 12:56 PM
Post #274
Group icon

A look at the state of the 2018 Driver Market:

Mercedes:Hamilton(contracted) Bottas(likely) Vettel and Alonso(rumoured)
Ferrari:Vettel(likely) Raikkonen, ,Perez, Sainz,Alonso(rumoured)
Red Bull:Verstappen (contracted) and Ricciardo (contracted)
Force India:Ocon(contracted) Perez(likely) Wehrlein(Rumoured)
Williams: Massa and Stroll(likely) Grosjean,Alonso and Wehrlein(rumoured)
Haas:Magnussen(contracted) Grosjean(contacted)
Toro Rosso: Kvyat(likely) Gasly(rumoured) Sainz (out of contract)
Renault:Hulkenberg( contracted) Perez, Sainz,Alonso, Kubica ,Sirotkin (rumoured) Palmer(out of contract)
Mclaren:Vandoorne(likely) Sainz (rumoured) Alonso(out of contract)
Sauber: Ericssion and Wehrlein(Out of contract) Giovinazzi and Maatsushita (rumoured

+Quote this post
Silas
post 25th July 2017, 02:38 PM
Post #275
Group icon
Queen of Soon

I think Palmer being binned for Belgium depends on how he performs at Hungary in a car that works. If he under performs in quali again and only finishes 11th then he'll be a goner. (Depending of course on how hulk goes but I imagine he will score points given the floor upgrade that had the Renault singing at silverstone)

+Quote this post
Silas
post 29th July 2017, 09:52 AM
Post #276
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Scoop on SkySports as they've just caught the pedals coming out of Massas car. After he was unwell last night it looks like Di Resta is coming in for Massa for Quali and the Race having never driven the 2017 Williams ever

+Quote this post
Silas
post 29th July 2017, 10:53 AM
Post #277
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Now confirmed. Di Resta will race for the first time since 2013!

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 30th July 2017, 02:35 PM
Post #278
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

A race that looked as if were building up to something exciting but ultimately never delivered. Hopefully those 3 points Lewis handed back will become nothing more than academic come the year end whichever way the title goes, fair play from Merc there tho!

This does seem to be the season of team mate collisions, bit clumsy from Max there at the start.

Decent result for McLaren today, double points finish & the fastest lap!

And lastly good on Di Resta this weekend, a solid drive & shame it ended in a DNF.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 30th July 2017, 03:47 PM
Post #279
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Nico had a few choice words about KMag after the race!! That was a bit of a moment there with him just shoving Nico off into the grass. 5 secs felt like a bit of a weak penalty

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 1st August 2017, 07:17 PM
Post #280
Group icon

Interesting exchanges at the end and now Hulkenberg is calling KMag as trying to be like Verstappen or something.

+Quote this post

19 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 11:07 AM