BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Riverdale • Season 2, airing now
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Long Dong Silver
post 2nd December 2017, 11:35 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

It's a superhero show then??
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 2nd December 2017, 11:45 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

No lmao Marvel was just the best example I thought of, it's just a teen comic thing with all different sorts of characters and Sabrina was in that just series of comics aswell as Archie etc. from Riverdale, both TV series have used the characters and ideas from the comic and fleshed out a TV show with it.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 7th December 2017, 12:23 PM
Post #43
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Worth a watch for anyone who's up to date kink.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 9th December 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #44
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

Your character is very into Josie now, what was your reaction to that storyline?

yasssssss

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 23rd January 2018, 06:03 PM
Post #45
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

I'm not getting much enjoyment out of Riverdale any more. sad.gif I'm finding the story lines and the majority of the characters to be incredibly messy and increasingly uninteresting. Is anyone else feeling the same, or are some of you still liking it?

I'm finding Jughead to be the worst offender at the moment, with his recent personality change. Admittedly I find the Southside Serpents vs. Northside stuff to be lame in itself, so him getting embroiled in that world isn't ideal. I think the main problem I have with this gang, is that I'm failing to get a sense of purpose from them? I don't understand Jughead's sudden huge loyalty to them, to the point of him deciding that getting suspended over wearing a jacket is a good call (and referring to it as a "skin", oh lord x). He used to be quite an insightful and mysterious character, but now he's dumb and irritating.

I fear that the "long lost older brother, who is possibly a dangerous person" story arc for Betty won't be particularly intriguing.

Cheryl's been floating around without much purpose ever since the Jason storyline wrapped up. She has no real reason to be bitchy/aloof/opposing towards the main group any more, it's just for the sake of it and makes her come across as being underwritten.

The pace needs to speed up when it comes to the Lodges and their dodgy dealings, because I'm losing interesting in that too and it's not even got going properly yet. FBI guy using Archie to try and find out stuff about them seems pretty dumb, he's pretty useless at anything that doesn't involve taking off his shirt.

Idk. I'll try and keep with the rest of this season at least, but it seriously needs to do something major to keep my interest going beyond that. In the last few episodes, essentially the only moments I've particularly enjoyed is Alice Cooper arriving in slow motion and looking fierce. x

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 6th February 2018, 12:33 AM
Post #46
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

Honestly I'm feeling the exact same, I'm watching it now out of habit rather than because I'm eager to find out what happens, like i couldn't even tell you the storylines rn as they're that forgettable. Even the characters aren't as compelling as they initially seemed so I don't even have that as an excuse as to why I'm still watching. It's only season 2 but it already feels like they're lacking ideas, it reminds me of the last few seasons of PLL in that respect. I honestly can't stand any of core four bar Veronica and even at that I've went to totally loving her to just not minding her. Cheryl is the true gem within their characters, Madeline is a fab actress and she's wasted on yet another shitty CW show. I'm pissed that they bated the bisexual thing and now they've just kinda forgotten about it??? Typical of that network tho.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 6th February 2018, 05:36 AM
Post #47
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

I couldn’t agree more with what Jay & Lindsey have said, although I went off the show around the start of season 2 for the same reasons tongue.gif I’ve kept up to date ish with story lines but I can’t stand watching it anymore because of how ridiculously stupid the story/characters can be most of the time. Betty has been getting on my nerves ever since the show began and everything she does irritates me because of how stupid the things she does are.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 6th February 2018, 07:43 AM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585

Oh man I thought I was the only one but I am feeling exactly the same. I reckon it has something to do with extending the season unnecessarily. The whole Black Hood arc should have been Season 2 because it seems like theyve moved swiftly on

+Quote this post
lotita
post 6th February 2018, 08:26 AM
Post #49
Group icon
feminist icon
User: 21,777

Me and my house mate watch it together now and sit there roasting it because of how ridiculous it’s got

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 6th February 2018, 09:25 PM
Post #50
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

Yeah it's absolutely stupid right now :') I still enjoy Archie, Betty and Veronica as characters but the plots are soooooo far-fetched. Jughead is immensely unlikeable, the Serpents plots have never been interesting, the Lodges are highly unrealistic and Cheryl serves absolutely no purpose.

I can't say I'm getting no enjoyment from the show, it's light entertainment really as long as you leave your brain at the door :') It just has the ability to be much better and more developed than it currently is.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 6th February 2018, 10:16 PM
Post #51
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

I haven't watched this after S2 E2 but can imagine how awful it is

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 6th February 2018, 11:25 PM
Post #52
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

It gave us this iconic meme tho

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 6th February 2018, 11:44 PM
Post #53
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

i saw that on react :') it says it all when that one line is the moment of the season so far tho

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 6th February 2018, 11:48 PM
Post #54
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

i saw that on react :') it says it all when that one line is the moment of the season so far tho

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 7th February 2018, 06:56 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

It is pretty shit rn, it’s taking itself SO seriously whilst dealing with the stupidest plots imaginable, but I kinda can’t stop watching it for some reason it’s become a habit and every week I just want to give it one last chanve

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 20th February 2018, 01:59 PM
Post #56
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

So I just caught up on the most recent eps and the last one was actually very good, the murder/cover-up by Alice/Betty was so played brilliantly the actresses really bounce off each other well.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 10th March 2018, 01:43 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Decent return this week, much preferred the scenes of the other characters that weren't Betty/Archie/Veronica/Jughead laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 11th March 2018, 11:35 PM
Post #58
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

I TOLD Y'ALL CHONI!!!

here for it

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 24th April 2018, 02:50 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

Who on earth thought a school musical based on Carrie would be a good idea?! :')

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 10th May 2018, 08:00 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I literally just can't at how intense and incredible these past few episodes have been!!

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 03:38 AM