BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Doctor Who • Fugitive of the Judoon, S12E05 | plenty of spoilers inside
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Long Dong Silver
post Jan 27 2020, 05:49 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jan 27 2020, 08:31 AM) *
Jack did more in a few scenes and had more of an impact than the three companions in 2 seasons. He also had the best lines. I liked a lot of the lines in the script taking the piss out of aspects of the characters and appearance, it showed a bit of self-awareness.

The Doctor's constant lack of transparency with people she has chosen to allow them to risk their lives being with her is getting very annoying, it's a moral flaw from someone who is supposed to be a moral beacon. Their speech at the end hopefully is the end of that, but it would have been more powerful coming from one individual rather than a Greek chorus.

I used to live near Gloucester and go to school near there, it was our local shopping centre. Just saying - there was only one character with an actual local-ish accent and he got killed off. Still, good to see a City that's been ignored in pop culture forever get a boost. Made me want to go back and look at the upgrades round the Cathedral.

Ruth/Doctor - looking like an alternate universe, not the first one of course, though the first one in which the Doctor has a counterpart. In the spirit of Crisis On Infinite Earths (see DC comics/TV shows) maybe The Master has created one universe where there used to be 2 or more, and everything has become merged and a mess of continuity.....

100% agree with everything here. Imagine if Missy turned up! She would show them all up. Travelling around with a Greek chorus is not a good look for the Doctor. She should just keep one - and Jaz has been the best so far.

R.e the spoiler, that was my theory too. I expect to see a lone cyberman Bill from another universe too! Remember, Billie Piper is in one, so we know they exist in Doc Who. They even went into the future to an alternate earth without even realising it.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Jan 27 2020, 09:22 PM
Post #42
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
Love this behind the scenes vid about Jack's return!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jan 27 2020, 10:27 PM
Post #43
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
omg that was like revelation after revelation. I really do hope there’s more to this other Doctor thing because I’m not ready to believe she’s the real deal (and yes, I saw that sneaky ‘Introducing.. as the Doctor’ in the credits...). As Severin said, John Hurt was a true moment and was executed perfectly, with a very good reason behind it. I’m worried this just blunders unnecessarily into the heart of the show. If the rumours I’ve been seeing are true, then I’m concerned. It’s nice to do new things to the show but you have to be careful. Hopefully it’s some multiverse Doctor or something hmmmm. The use of the gun and the breaking of the horn isn’t very Doctor-like behaviour.

I’m all just very hmmm. It’s exciting that we have no idea where it’s all leading to and there’s possibly the most mysteries the series has ever actually seen before.. but I’m just hoping it doesn’t tarnish literally the most basic of basic continuity.

Anyway, so amazing to see Captain Jack back although that CANNOT be the last we see of him otherwise it would be a wasted appearance! Incredible you can bring a character back after over 10 years since the main show and I know how much John loves playing him!

Yeh, this episode really finally cemented how pointless the companions are. I’ve realised they essentially get one companions worth of lines (if that) split between the three of them. Like why are all their scenes of them stood together? Where are there individual moments? Why don’t they ever say anything - lots of shots tonight of close ups of their face but never actually saying anything. They just stand around. It’s not the actors fault as they’re just given nothing to play with.

+Quote this post
Calum
post Jan 28 2020, 02:42 PM
Post #44
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316
Chibnall has responded to the theories that Jo Martin is an alternate universe Doctor: "The important thing to say is – she is definitively the Doctor. There’s not a sort of parallel universe going on, there’s no tricks."

And on Jack appearing again in series 12: “You won’t see him again this series, I can categorically tell you that.”

He seems to hint Jack might be back in the future, but in terms of the actual point in him turning up and how it adds to the story... if he doesn't show up in either series 13 or before Chibnall leaves... manson.gif (although he could be lying through his teeth x)

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Jan 28 2020, 03:42 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
Oh that will be a bit pointless if Jack doesn't show up again this series.

Agree that it really cemented how pointless the companions are, Ruth was more memorable in one episode than they have been over the two series so far :/

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Jan 28 2020, 10:11 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
John Barrowman has also said something that suggests he won't be back in this series. However, that all seems a little odd so I suspect they might not be being entirely truthful.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jan 29 2020, 09:04 AM
Post #47
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
John was in Cardiff for a while but apparently his scenes in this episode were only filmed in one day. I can’t see him NOT being back. It would be a very strange inclusion, especially not having him meet the Doctor.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Jan 30 2020, 08:08 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585
Chibnall has done an interview for the Mirror confirming it’s not the alternative universe/reality theory... he could be lying but then he could’ve just said nothing as well

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Jan 30 2020, 08:15 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
Surely it could easily br altetnate timelines, seeing as we saw an alternate future earth in the thumb sucking episode?

+Quote this post
Calum
post Jan 30 2020, 08:19 PM
Post #50
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316
Chibnall did say before the series started that there's a theme (like the 'family' theme in series 11) running through each episode that probably won't become clear until the last episode.

I get the feeling it's something to do with changing now to change the future, or something like that. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Jan 30 2020, 08:27 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
QUOTE(Calum @ Jan 30 2020, 08:19 PM) *
Chibnall did say before the series started that there's a theme (like the 'family' theme in series 11) running through each episode that probably won't become clear until the last episode.

I get the feeling it's something to do with changing now to change the future, or something like that. laugh.gif

And the new doctor is the alternate timeline Jodie from one where the doctor didn't fight his darker side.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Feb 1 2020, 02:34 PM
Post #52
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
I feel determining how good this episode was depends on what else is now going to come after. It leaves a lot hanging re who Ruth really is, why she’s a fugitive, why Jack returned etc

I think it’s strange they've not announced Ruth returning for the finale. Of course I’m not sure she actually IS returning but it would be very weird if not, and things had just been left as it currently is. Why build up the shock and drama and not use it to entice people back in for later in the series! We don’t need a reappearance to be a shock - use the hype!!

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:23 AM