BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Oscar predictions 2016, who do you think is going to get nominated and take it home
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 15th November 2015, 06:50 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Obviously not all the hotly tipped performances are out yet, especially in the UK where we likely won't get some until March time but from what you've seen from the actual film and trailers, who are you expecting to get an Academy Award nod?

After seeing Steve Jobs today, Fassbender 100% deserves a nomination for that, he was so watchable despite the whole film being set in only pretty much only three buildings. As an outsider, Matt Damon in the Martian was very entertaining despite not being a very serious role.

Saoirse Ronan in Brooklyn for this for sure, I'll be gutted if she doesn't get a nomination, the story itself is not out of the ordinary at all but she made it feel so real and really elevated the whole film. Carey Mulligan too was fantastic in Suffragette, she made the whole audience feel how hurtful her situation was and how she was dragged into it all and ended up losing everything, I suppose she'll probably just miss out though. I love Jennifer Lawrence in pretty much all of her roles too so I hope she gets a nom for Joy.

We've not many of the tipped supporting actors yet but as an outsider, Benicio Del Toro in Sicario mastered the art of tension for me so that would be nice to get a nod.

On the supporting actress front, I'd love to see Kate Winslet get another nomination, she really held her own even though the whole film is about Jobs. Marion Cotillard as well did a very nice, interesting and most importantly fresh take on Lady Macbeth although I suppose that is a bit of an outsider. I expect Vikander and Mara will be fantastic in The Danish Girl and Carol too.

On the Best Picture side, I'd love for Inside Out to get a nomination! wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post 15th November 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Sebastian Stan for Best Supporting Actor obv smoke.gif

In all seriousness, I'd like Michael Fassbender to get a nod and hopefully win, he is an incredible actor.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 15th November 2015, 07:04 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Will do predictions and wants later but just to also raise anticipation a bit, me and Jahq will soon be doing a big Oscar special!

Also Brooklyn to get loads of noms and Sairose Ronan for best actress win hopefully heart.gif

+Quote this post
post 16th November 2015, 09:52 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Nomination probables that I've seen, sometimes the lines are a little blurry as to whether they're supporting/leading roles, so I'll let the academy do the sorting.

Suffragette: Carey Mulligan (and possibly Anne-Marie Duff)
Bigger Splash: Tilda Swinton
Room: Brie Larson
Macbeth: Marion Cotillard
Spotlight: N/A. Rachel is good but there are no standouts.
Steve Jobs: Kate Winslet
Carol: I'd say Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara have this 100000%
Brooklyn: Saoirse Ronan - SURSHA TO WIN!

And for actors:
Suffragette: N/A
Bigger Splash: N/A
Room: Jacob Tremblay - he's only 9, but I can 100% see a nomination coming his way.
Macbeth: Michael Fasbender (possibly or for Steve Jobs)
Spotlight: Possibly Mark Ruffalo - His character seemed to have the most to do, emotion-wise.
Steve Jobs: Michael Fassbender (Or for Macbeth)
Carol: N/A
Brooklyn: N/A - Emory Cohen I'd like to see get a nod, but I don't think there was quite enough there for it. Hopefully he'll be nominated for the BAFTA breakout thing though.

I'm seeing The Danish Girl tonight and Bridge of Spies tomorrow, so will edit in any predictions for those.

This post has been edited by Joe.: 16th November 2015, 09:54 AM

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 16th November 2015, 10:41 AM
Post #5
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Jealous of your Attitude job Joe! sad.gif the Danish Girl does look really good but worried about the not so great reviews, hoping Vikander becomes a big star soon too.

Starting to think now that Macbeth isn't going to get any noms but I'll wait for the US release to wrte it off. Maybe Cotillard because supporting actress doesn't seem that hard to break into this year.

This post has been edited by Josh.: 16th November 2015, 10:47 AM

+Quote this post
post 16th November 2015, 10:47 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

QUOTE(Josh. @ Nov 16 2015, 10:41 AM) *
Jealous of your Attitude job Joe! sad.gif the Danish Girl does look really good but worried about the not so great reviews, hoping Vikander becomes a big star soon too.

Starting to think now that Macbeth isn't going to get any noms but I'll wait for the US release to wrte it off.

Yes, it's kind of fallen into a hype vacuum, it's release came and went quite fast! Which is disappointing and surprising since it was so critically acclaimed and is just amazing. On the other hand, Brooklyn is getting huge amounts of hype that I never thought it would, VERY pleasing <3

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 16th November 2015, 01:45 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I'm thinking Bradley Cooper could get a nom for 'Burnt'. It's his best role to date, imo (despite the film being a bit meh). Well, I hope so anyway. And I can see Eddie Redmayne getting something for his role in 'The Danish Girl'.

Omg. So many potentials. That means there are gonna be a few surprise omissions!

Oh and of course, Leo for 'The Revenant'. Along with Tom Hanks for 'The Bridge Of Spies'.

+Quote this post
richie
post 16th November 2015, 02:22 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166

Best Director to Sarah Gavron for Suffragette I would say.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 01:27 PM