BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Divergent Series : Insurgent, Release Date : 20.03.2015
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post Dec 13 2014, 02:13 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"Divergent" is definitely one of my favourite action movies this year. It had intriguing script and Shailene Woodley was great as "Tris". I'm looking forward to watch "Insurgent"..The official trailer looks very promising!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 13 2014, 02:36 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Don't know if I am looking forward to this or not which pains me to say this as Insurgent is one of my favourite books of all time sad.gif

I was so excited for Divergent as the book is in my top 5 favourite books ever and the film just changed so much from the book and it was all really bad bar Shailene's lead performance sad.gif

+Quote this post
Math!
post Dec 13 2014, 04:30 PM
Post #3
Group icon
(✿◠‿◠)
Pronouns: new york
User: 19,852
The first movie wasn't quite as good as the book so I really hope they stay true to the book this time, it could be an excellent movie if executed properly ~

+Quote this post
p a v
post Dec 15 2014, 08:40 AM
Post #4
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
QUOTE(Ultraviolence1989 @ Dec 13 2014, 05:36 PM) *
I was so excited for Divergent as the book is in my top 5 favourite books ever

gurl rly

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Dec 15 2014, 11:39 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
I'm excited for this as I loved the first one but apparantly a big part of the trailer isn;t even in the books?
I haven't read them so I wouldn't know but that's what the peepz are saying

+Quote this post
post Dec 15 2014, 12:18 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
The first one was entertaining but wafer-thin. I actually thought of the "teen" books adapted this year, 'Maze Runner' was most intriguing, but obviously Mocking-jay suffered from "part 1 syndrome"

I will still see this regardless.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Mar 8 2015, 04:28 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585
Bumping this back up as it's close to the release now tongue.gif

Just spent the afternoon watching Divergent AGAIN and I still love it so I'm really looking forward to this (plus the soundtrack will probably be awesome again too).

This post has been edited by lewistgreen: Mar 8 2015, 04:29 PM

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Mar 24 2015, 10:06 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
a bit padded, has some moments without excelling, but also not bad either, the cast are OK, some eye candy in there, the effects good, and there is at least an ending of sorts as opposed to "tune in next time", 6/10.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Mar 29 2015, 09:28 PM
Post #9
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Bit disappointing for me, don't think I enjoyed it as much as Divergent. Quite confusing a lot of the time, didn't know what was real and what was simulation. Doesn't help that Shailene is no Jennifer Lawrence. Ansel is beautiful but his role is too small. sad.gif Rather style over substance, some parts are too convenient for my liking. I'm not invested enough to remember what all the factions are which again makes it harder to follow.

They really need to reverse the decision to split the third book into two movies. The franchise is no Harry Potter / Twilight / Hunger Games and this splitting technique hasn't worked out great for the latter two imo! Don't know if I could be bothered with another two movies.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Mar 30 2015, 02:34 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
I am going to see Divergent tonight. Sounds good and some of the tracks on the soundtrack are great!

+Quote this post
post Mar 31 2015, 12:27 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
A bit underwhelming.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Apr 9 2015, 05:56 AM
Post #12
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
I don't know how they could possibly mess up the first movie so badly but get this one SO PERFECT wub.gif
Shaliene was the highlight yet again giving an amazing performance as Tris and tbh most of the cast improved from the 1st one while adding great new castings. This was entertaining, captivating and a perfect adaptation which felt nowhere near as rushed as the 1st one.
There were a couple of bits from the book I would have liked in such as more time for Uriah and Marlene in the movie (the latter was pretty much absent bar from Her death scene when they start getting killed to get Tris to go to Erutide which was much more of a key scene in the book . I also would have loved the zip line scene as that was one of my favourite parts of the book heart.gif Though there is nowhere as much missing from here as in the 1st film where I thought of about 15 points in about 2 minutes.
I highly recommend this heart.gif

Also for anyone who read the books did Evelyn kill Jeanine I really can't remember.

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post Jun 29 2015, 09:55 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"Insurgent" was released in my country’s theaters over two months ago. It is the second film of the series "Divergent" which is based on the homonymous best-seller by Veronica Roth. Having seen the first film a year ago, I can say with confidence that it was one of my favorite adventures of recent years! The success of "Divergent" was not limited to the technical effects but it had a deep meaning too. "Insurgent", however, seems to be quite different from the first film, judging only from the official trailer of it. And indeed this happened, after having more action and more stunning visual effects!
Tris, Four, Peter and Caleb go to "Amity ". There, Joanna who is the leader of this faction, will help them to hide but soon they will be discovered by the army of Jeanine. From that point, it will begin a relentless chase and Tris along with Four and Caleb will end up in the heart of Factionless. However, Jeanine desperately tries to decipher the symbols of all factions which are found in a box, in order to learn very important information about them. However, only a divergent can decode it and the most capable of all of them is clearly Tris. Anyone reading the plot of the film cannot understand too many things since it is necessary to have previously seen the first film or at least have read the books. It is not predictable in its development, and it doesn’t have simplistic plot, so the viewers have to be particularly careful during the film. "Insurgent" has spectacular action scenes, very beautiful photography, loud sound effects and a remarkable soundtrack. The last 45 minutes of the film will amaze you over completely! The interpretations of the actors were quite good and Shailene Woodley persuades us once again that she was best suited for the role. Lionsgate entrusted the directorial part of the film to German Robert Schwentke, who did a great job and for this reason he received positive reviews from critics. However, the latter hadn’t the same opinion about the storyline, too. Having seen his previous films such as Flightplan, The Time Traveler's Wife and Red, I realized that he gave his best in "Insurgent". In addition, the new film stands out enough for its elaborate montage, the action sequences and the imposing scenery of it.
"Insurgent" has had a very successful run in the Box Office, surpassing $100 million in revenue! It is already the twelfth most commercial film in America for 2015 and it will definitely be inside the thirty most profitable movies at the end of the year. In the first week of release, it had similar acceptance outside the United States and it is already considered one of the most successful trilogies ever! Personally, I quite liked it because it was a worthy sequel that had several twists in the end. I hope they will do the same in the next two movies, since its producers followed the famous formula which always yields more money to the studios. Last chapter = 2 movies.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 10 2015, 07:27 PM
Post #14
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
The last two movies will apparently now be called just 'Allegiant' and then 'Ascendent', as if they didn't change enough in this movie alone we now get a whole new title laugh.gif

Just watched this movie now anyway, quite enjoyed it but the changes were just too much this time round I think and I'm usually not too bothered because I know they're just adaptations. Massive fan of Teller's Peter though, shame he's such a minor character. Visually stunning too, but some of the slow-mo parts looked a bit silly sad.gif

This post has been edited by Josh.: Sep 10 2015, 07:29 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:34 PM