BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Crazy For You ● 35 years on
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 26th June 2020, 01:15 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

This month marked 35 years since 'Crazy For You' peaked at #2 in the UK. Released on 28th May 1985 (it received a US release earlier in the year), 'Crazy for You' served as the lead single to the Vision Quest soundtrack and was significant in being Madonna's first ballad release. Its writers, John Bettis and Jon Lind, were surprised that the film's musical director, Phil Ramone, wanted Madonna to record the song, not believing she would be able to pull off such a song. All doubt was removed following Madonna's one-take recording and the song was greeted with positive critical responses, even earning Madonna her first Grammy nomination!

'Crazy for You' was a commercial success around the world, including #1 in Australia, Canada and the US. It became Madonna's highest charting single in the UK when it reached #2, a position it would return to in 1991 upon its re-release. As of August 2018, it placed as Madonna's fifth best selling single in the UK.

35 years on, what are your thoughts on the song?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 26th June 2020, 01:15 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

+Quote this post
vibe
post 26th June 2020, 03:40 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

This is my fav ever song and always will be.

The virgin tour performance is my favourite.

The crowd reaction when performed for a one off performance during the rebel heart tour shows how well loves the song is.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 26th June 2020, 04:43 PM
Post #4
Group icon
User: 13,007

What a blinder of a song. Stunning. I actually ignored it for AGES and it was a few years ago that I properly got into it. Love it now (obviously) heart.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 26th June 2020, 11:00 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Madonna's recorded many great ballads over the years but 'Crazy for You' is still up there as one of the best. It's a simple love song but Madonna makes you believe every word with her delivery. There's so much feeling in her voice, a touch of agony and desperation as she confesses her absolute adoration to her love interest. The dreamy slow-dance production makes it all the more intimate too.

I love the Re-invention Tour performance; her voice has matured and strengthened but still has that passion of the original.

QUOTE(vibe @ Jun 26 2020, 04:40 PM) *
The crowd reaction when performed for a one off performance during the rebel heart tour shows how well loves the song is.

Absolutely! It's so touching to watch. I loved these intimate moments on the Rebel Heart Tour, it's a shame the DVD doesn't really do these moments justice so you have to rely on fan videos.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 04:13 AM