BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Enjoy Yourself VS I'm Over Dreaming (Over You), Which is better...
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
You'd better take your chances while you can
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
Nina West
post Oct 11 2019, 11:15 PM
Post #1
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
I have yet another simple question for you Kylie fans on the Buzzjack Forum!. It's the 30th anniversary of Kylie's 2nd album "Enjoy Yourself", and while there was no shortage of hits already released from this album (including 2 chart toppers), many fans (including me) felt that there was so much more potential hits still on there.

I have placed a poll above for the 2 most popular album tracks "I'm Over Dreaming (Over You)!" & "Enjoy Yourself", both of which were actually considered as singles at some point, but both got passed over in favour of "Never Too Late", and despite both being firm highlights & just plain fantastic, neither were ever considered again.

To put it more simply, which is your fave? & which had more potential to be a big hit?....you decide.

This post has been edited by Medellíam: Oct 16 2019, 08:30 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 12 2019, 03:29 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
God that is so so so hard, I love both, i prefer both to the singles from the album and both are among my fave pwl kylie songs.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Oct 12 2019, 09:59 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'I'm Over Dreaming' for sure, although I totally forgot how much I loved 'Enjoy Yourself' and been giving it spins this week.

I'd put 'Nothing To Lose' in between them for preference.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 12 2019, 12:52 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Nothing to lose is good aswell but not on the same level, the other 2 have far greater single worth.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Oct 12 2019, 01:18 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Break the tension
To be honest, I'm glad 'Never Too Late' was chosen as that's essential and I can't imagine how it would've been without it.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Oct 12 2019, 02:00 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
These songs are not just Enjoy Yourself highlights, they are among my Kylie career highlights.
I have such great affection for both songs.
At present, i slightly prefer enjoy yourself, but that changes.
As a single i think Im Over Dreaming Over You may have performed the better of the 2.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 12 2019, 03:41 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Have played the 2 songs now and with today's mood things can only get better gets my votes but all along I would have said it is the stronger as a single.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Oct 13 2019, 11:15 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Things Can Only Get Better is the stronger single but Enjoy Yourself is such a strong and uplifting pop song.
I have always been hugely surprised Wouldn't Change a Thing was a single ahead of these 2 songs.
That said, i do like Wouldn't Change A Thing but not on the same level.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 13 2019, 02:10 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I go through phases with WCAT but right now in really enjoying it but mu h much prefer TCOGB and EY.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Oct 13 2019, 05:39 PM
Post #10
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
Voted for 'Enjoy Yourself'' in both polls, while I do think that both of these songs are fantastic and had great potential to be a single, the title track edges out in front for me, it just ends the album with an almighty BANG! & love the thumping bass that runs throughout it & the beat just builds and builds throughout the chorus. The song is simply fantastic and infectious & perfectly merges with the sound of the next album would take. Also have anyone noticed that she never actually says 'Enjoy Yourself' in the song.

"I'm Over Dreaming (Over You)! - again this has so much potential, imagine the fun videos this & 'EY' could have had. Definitely like this song's placing on the album, coming after 2 ballads this certainly picks up the pace with some good old PWL thumping pop & another great example of Kylie's growing maturity as an artist.

Posted some fan-made covers, just for fun...

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 13 2019, 11:57 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I like the second cover, these are very early mushroom releases style of pic.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Oct 14 2019, 01:50 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I really like the text/font used on the words Enjoy Yourself which is represented here in the second cover presented to us.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Oct 14 2019, 01:54 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Break the tension
QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Oct 13 2019, 03:10 PM) *
I go through phases with WCAT but right now in really enjoying it but mu h much prefer TCOGB and EY.

I've always kind of not really liked that song (even maybe borderline disliked it), but it has actually recently grown on me quite a bit!

Maybe my contender for the song which took longest to like thread.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Oct 14 2019, 03:18 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Wouldn't Change a Thing is enjoyable and i have enjoyed Kylies performances of the song but the song is no match for Enjoy Yourself or Im Over Dreaming Over You.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 14 2019, 11:07 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Overall enjoy yourself is excuse the pun really really enjoyable, I've listened to it alot again lately.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Oct 15 2019, 01:55 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
The album is a great offering and has plenty going on from start to finish.
From both critics and fans it always get ranked in the lower end of her albums which i believe to be harsh as i always place it in the top end of her studio sets.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 15 2019, 11:39 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
It was the perfect follow up to her debut and it was a progression, its chart run was shorter but I'd love to know its opening sales in week 1, does anyone know?

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Oct 16 2019, 08:37 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Both are album highlights but 'I'm Over Dreaming (Over You)' absolutely should have been a single if the opportunity arose. I remember being hooked the moment I heard it; so feel-good from the moment it begins and has one of the strongest, most catchy choruses of Kylie's PWL work. Perhaps I'm looking too far into it but the fact it was used as the B-side to 'Better the Devil You Know' suggests to me it was in the pipeline as a single until it was decided to move on to the third album.

'Enjoy Yourself' is a great, uplifting album closer and it could have worked as a single, although I don't think it feels like a missed opportunity in the way 'I'm Over Dreaming' was. Didn't Kylie fight for it to be a single at some point, perhaps as early as for the lead single?

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 16 2019, 08:58 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
With TCOGB the b side to BTDYK felt more like it was never in the running for a single but I do have a vague memory as you mention it that kylie wanted EY to be a single but pwl didnt and wudnt change their mind.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Oct 16 2019, 01:28 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Could a Better The Devil You Know/Im Over Dreaming Over You double A side single have been the way to master both songs to the full?
BTDYK is legendary Kylie and to the credit of the song didnt need watering down with a double A.
But, possiblly holding back, Im Over Dreaming Over You as a double a side for Wouldnt Change A Thing might have been the best way.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:32 PM