BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Finding Neverland musical, Gary writing the musical score
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
milly
post 8th December 2015, 06:06 PM
Post #101
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,540

I don't know why Gary doesn't like to admit to having nerves before a gig or an interview. There are just too many instances when it's clear as daylight that he's nervous. When he performed Let Me Go on XF, I thought he was about to cry at some point and he kept looking at Mike and the rest of the band for reassurance. Even in the Dare video, he keeps rubbing his hands - a clear sign he was either nervous or uncomfortable.
I think the presenter on the Fox news was a bit infatuated with Gary, I found it funny. One more lady to fall for the Barlow charm tongue.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
pippa
post 8th December 2015, 06:48 PM
Post #102
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Will this album when released chart in the compilations charts or in the regular chart, will Gary get a solo credit?

+Quote this post
dylandog
post 8th December 2015, 07:31 PM
Post #103
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 20,635

I think it was released quite some time ago, Pippa. There's a cast album and a various artist one. I don't buy off line but I did try and buy the cast album, but unfortunately I haven't managed to find it in the shops.

I've also noticed that Gary rubs his hands and plays with his fingers rather a lot and it's most obvious when he's being interviewed. It must be his way of dealing with his nerves. I think Mr Barlow might be a little bit of a ' liar, liar, pants on fire.' smile.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post 8th December 2015, 09:43 PM
Post #104
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

I didnt know it was released, did this release flop?

+Quote this post
milly
post 8th December 2015, 09:54 PM
Post #105
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I don't think it was even meant to chart. I know that both albums went top 20 on Amazon.com and they did well on iTunes US as well, which means the sales in America must have been good.
The albums are very different though. It's like having 2 completely distinct albums, which is very enjoyable, cause that means we have more songs to listen to.

+Quote this post
milly
post 12th December 2015, 12:27 PM
Post #106
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

https://soundcloud.com/rocknrollsweatshop/0...neverland-demos
Gary's voice on these demos, especially Stronger.... wub.gif Much better than Kiezsha's version.
And Better is such a beautiful song. If I didn't know, I'd never guess it's from a musical.

+Quote this post
iamstrong
post 25th January 2016, 05:08 PM
Post #107
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 20,036

Zendaya released the video to "Neverland": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3VPs9b_HZE

Video also features Bryan Cranston (from Breaking Bad)

+Quote this post
jay727
post 26th January 2016, 07:53 AM
Post #108
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273

Must say, I think her version is fantastic. Wonder what'll happen with casting when it comes to the west end

+Quote this post
milly
post 26th January 2016, 08:24 AM
Post #109
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I'd be happy if this song (well, any song from FN) charted under any form.
My money would have been on Christina's Anywhere But Here, but nothing seems to be happening on that front :/
Maybe Zendaya has more luck and enough fans to transform this song into a hit.

+Quote this post
dylan62
post 12th September 2016, 10:18 PM
Post #110
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 23,185

This thread has been very quiet for some time. Thought I'd mention that I came across a YT clip of Alfie Boe singing Neverland last week. There's a rumour that he's being lined up for FN when it opens in the West End, so interested to know what you all think of his interpretation.

It's difficult to assess properly based on a performance outside of the musical itself, but personally I think it's a delicate song and he over sings in parts. Sorry, I don't have a link - my rubbish IT skills again.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 13th September 2016, 06:14 PM
Post #111
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273

I heard the same thing! He would be excellent! I would imagine they'll keep Laura Kelly as the female lead, she's fantastic

+Quote this post
milly
post 13th September 2016, 06:23 PM
Post #112
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I saw the clip a few months ago - I think it was the day following his live performance on that American show. I think it's more than just a rumour by now that he's being lined up to take on the role of JM Barrie.
For me, the best performances have been those of Jeremy Jordan and Matthew Morrison.
Alfie Boe and Tony Yazbeck compete for the worst interpretations, at least for me. From what I noticed, Alfie Boe tends to oversing everything - he even shouts sometimes - to the detriment of any kind of emotion. Tony Yazbeck may have been even worse than him, though.
I hope that, on stage, Alfie Boe is more convincing than he was in that show. He seemed...fake.
If you ask me, even James Corden would have been more suited for the West End than Alfie Boe for this role. I'm sure there are plenty of British artists that could do a much better job. I'm not sure if Alfie is the right person to sell the musical in UK.

I think this is the video, Dylan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s16CIphu17g

And this was Tony's Yazbeck's performance: http://pix11.com/2016/03/01/finding-neverl...-performs-live/

+Quote this post
dylan62
post 13th September 2016, 07:07 PM
Post #113
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 23,185

For me Milly Jeremy Jordan has given the most all round performance. I love his voice and from the clips I've seen he interpreted the part extremely well. I'm hoping to make an overnight trip to London to see The Girls and FN in one hit, as I live someway from London so an overnight stay is as much as I can afford.

I'm not convinced by Alfie in all honestly. However, I'm taking two aunts to see him and Michael Ball in concert in November so I'll have the opportunity to hear him live. I'm hoping the clip isn't representative of his work in FN. He's had a stellar career in musical theatre so perhaps I'm being over critical.

Thanks for the links - JC would be an interesting choice. He's won a Tony for his stage work and isn't a bad dancer. The FN role is quite demanding so I'm not sure if he has the physical strength for the role and perhaps he's also a little too young for the part. I agree that there must be a number of excellent performers who'd do the role justice. It's a shame that Michael Ball isn't younger (or physically fitter) because I saw him in an awful production of Mack and Mabel earlier this year. Whilst the show was mediocre he was absolutely outstanding. A fantastic theatre performer - I was taken aback by how good he was.

+Quote this post
milly
post 14th September 2016, 04:05 PM
Post #114
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I agree with you, Dylan. My favorite was Jeremy Jordan too. He had charisma, he had a great voice, he had control over his voice, his acting wasn't too "theatrical" (as ironic as that may sound).

They've changed the cast again for the US tour; unfortunately, they've replaced Laura Michelle Kelly too, which, for me, is a big shame and a loss, cause the actress, from the little I've seen, was fantastic on the role of Sylvia. I imagine she may have had other commitments and couldn't do the tour; I'm just hoping that, once the show returns to Broadway, she'll come back too.

+Quote this post
milly
post 16th September 2016, 03:10 PM
Post #115
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

If you've missed the interview today and you wanna listen to it: https://www.mixcloud.com/mirelaGB/gary-barl...on-bbc-radio-2/

+Quote this post
milly
post 17th September 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #116
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I was really really bored today and, after having seen some heartbreaking life stories, I realized that All That Matters is about something much deeper than love (if there is such thing).
https://vimeo.com/183127778

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 09:06 AM